Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Ta22 and flasher unit/sss

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
icon3.gif  Ta22 and flasher unit/sss Sun, 22 August 2004 08:13 Go to next message
My blinker have stopped working im am trying fix them i have been told there is a seperate flasher unit for the blikers/harzards, is this true, my model is a early 72 model, my auto elec says most cars have one relay. my hazards are working so i pulled the steering wheel of to have a look at the swith but cannot work anything out.

thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ta22 and flasher unit/sss Sun, 22 August 2004 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate take out the flasher/hazard unit and check your hazards and see if they work... if it doesnt then its one unit but from iv been told the hazard works different to the flasher for emergencies

i got a spare flasher unit if you cant get one up in QLD, you can have it for $5 including post if you want
TheNav
Regular

April 2004
Re: Ta22 and flasher unit/sss Sun, 22 August 2004 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where is the flasher unit situated, i'm having a similar problem. My left indicator only stays on, dosn't blink, but the right one does. The hazards work fine though.

Any ideas??
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ta22 and flasher unit/sss Sun, 22 August 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
auto elec said they can run from the same flasher it would just have a different switch

The flasher unit is a sqaure box about 4 cm by 6 cm and is located next/behind the fuses.

And Fade i have looked very hard to find this second unit but cannot find it

Jason

[Updated on: Sun, 22 August 2004 10:33]

fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ta22 and flasher unit/sss Sun, 22 August 2004 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheNav: your issue is 100% earthing so dont bother with the unit, just get a piece of long electric wire and check the earth of each blinker. one end on any blinker bolt and other end on good clean metal (engine best) and find out which isnt earthing correctly. onc determined then rectify (PS make sure you are indicating to the left when testing Very Happy )

ta2272: OK FOUND IT!!! got the wiring diagram for the '22, the hazard box is the actual hazard switch. it does go through the flasher unit but is earthed to the dash itself via the hazard switch. also the switch is directly connected to the indicator lights on dash. thats why hazards always work no matter what... i knew there was a logical explanation

but dude do the blinkers come on at all when indicating? even if they stay on... also do you have the same issue as TheNav where one side works and the other doesnt? here is something you can try, get a 12volt battery. connect a wire to neg and attache to engine, attach another wire to pos and to blinker and see if they work individually (basically give direct power to each blinker individually to see if they come on)

BUt mate if you can give me every little detail in the world of the issue, basically answer these:-
- when indicating right do the blinkers come on and stay on?
- when indicating right do the blinkers come on and flash?
- when indicating right do the blinkers stay off?
- when indicating right do the blinkers flash once?
- when indicating left do the blinkers come on and stay on?
- when indicating left do the blinkers come on and flash?
- when indicating left do the blinkers stay off?
- when indicating left do the blinkers flash once?
- are any blinker globes burnt?
- have you tried what i just mentione to TheNav?

please answer the above and i will move on to the next step Very Happy
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ta22 and flasher unit/sss Sun, 22 August 2004 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BUt mate if you can give me every little detail in the world of the issue, basically answer these:-
- when indicating right do the blinkers come on and stay on?
Nothing comes on
- when indicating right do the blinkers come on and flash?
Nothign comes on
- when indicating right do the blinkers stay off?
Yes
- when indicating right do the blinkers flash once?
No nothing
- when indicating left do the blinkers come on and stay on?
No nothing
- when indicating left do the blinkers come on and flash?
No nothing
- when indicating left do the blinkers stay off?
Yes
- when indicating left do the blinkers flash once?
No nothing
- are any blinker globes burnt?
All blinkers work when i use hazards.
- have you tried what i just mentione to TheNav?

I have not tried what u said to the nave thought i can tell you where i stated noticing faulty blinkers,

6 months ago when i had a flat battery my blinkers were coming on and staying on this went away the next day, 2 weeks ago they stopped working i hopped in the car the next day and they worked fine for a day then the next day they worked for one corner and they have not blinked a flash since.
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Ta22 and flasher unit/sss Sun, 22 August 2004 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You've been driving in a straight line since two weeks ago? Shit you must be at Mt. Isa by now. Shocked
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ta22 and flasher unit/sss Mon, 23 August 2004 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep its a bit scary i have to go straight if someone is up my arse, No one uses indicators in QLD any way Mad Well in Noosa they dont,.

Fade u there.

Thanks
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ta22 and flasher unit/sss Mon, 23 August 2004 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah mate still here... use hand signalsto turn Laughing

yeah mate flasher unit is gone... i said this before, you can go to local parts place and get an electronic flasher unit and use that or stay original doesnt make any difference at all...

do you have ab alarm on the car?
joecoolmk2
Regular

June 2004
Re: Ta22 and flasher unit/sss Mon, 23 August 2004 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the nav: i'm not sure about celicas, but when my indicator stays on and doesn't flash, it means there's a blown globe. check all of your globes first.
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ta22 and flasher unit/sss Mon, 23 August 2004 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but the hazards work and dont they use the same flasher unit, e.i shouldnt the box still work for the indicators.

thanks
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: Ta22 and flasher unit/sss Mon, 23 August 2004 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I checked my wiring diagram and it would seem that they do use the same flasher signal, but have independant wiring
http://www.geocities.com/khi_santh/resource.html

I had a similar problem not too long ago (hazards working but idicators not) and found that by bumping the wiring loom under the steering wheel the blinkers started working, hence dodgy wire somewhere between the indicator switch and the turn signal flasher. You may have a dodgey wire too??
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ta22 and flasher unit/sss Mon, 23 August 2004 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh i just tried a new flasher and the same hazards and no blinkers, wonder what i start trying to fix now, should i take it to an auto elec.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ta22 and flasher unit/sss Mon, 23 August 2004 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you could take to auto elec but the last thing you can try is to feed pos power direct to unit to see if flashes. if it does then it is wiring from steering wheel. if it still doesnt flash then wiring harness Shocked good luck sourcing that
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ta22 and flasher unit/sss Mon, 23 August 2004 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok ill do that were would i start were would i try feed power directly to, i have a spair 12volt battery and wire but were am i connecting power..

thanks
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ta22 and flasher unit/sss Mon, 23 August 2004 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn dude i left the wiring diagram at home and wont be home till bout 6.30pm... if you can follow the indicator steering switch to the connecting plug, determine which wire it feeds and follow to blinker ass and that will be the pos... unfortuneately thats all i can do for you ATM sorry mate... but ill post when i get home... also ill try and take a pic of the diagram and post it up
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: Ta22 and flasher unit/sss Tue, 24 August 2004 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Uhhh, if you want a good wiring diagram for a 22, go to the link I posted earlier Rolling Eyes , has colour codes for the wires and has helped me a lot with my elec problems.

ps. more direct link for your convenience Very Happy
http://www.geocities.com/khi_santh/files/wiring.pd f
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ta22 and flasher unit/sss Tue, 24 August 2004 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DAMn thats a good doagram but there seems to be a few differences than the paper one i have... basically being the hazard/turn sgnal

BUT it does have good detail
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ta22 and flasher unit/sss Tue, 24 August 2004 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm ok well ill have to give something ago tonight dono what thought i have the swith and switch/horn loom out of the car is there naything i should test on it?

Thanks

This is so gay i may take it to auto elec its hard driving without blinkers abit scary to. Rolling Eyes
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: Ta22 and flasher unit/sss Tue, 24 August 2004 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check for power at the flasher can with the ignition turned on.
According to that diagram the ignition supply for the blinkers comes through the hazard switch. If there is no power at the flasher can with ignition on then check the output from the hazard switch. The hazard switch could be faulty.

By the way, have you checked the fuse?

Brad

[Updated on: Tue, 24 August 2004 06:59]

Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: Ta22 and flasher unit/sss Wed, 25 August 2004 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you want to avoid the expense of an auto elec get yourself a multi meter (if you do not already have one), and do the diagnosis yourself.

With the multi meter negative wire, find a good earth point somewhere on your car preferably straight onto the chassis. Then using the positive lead on the multi meter, start checking each wire (plug/connector) from the point of origin (where the power comes into the circuit), then follow it along to each plug testing each plug as you go - you will need to have the ignition on and the idicator on too (make sure your checking the right wires for the indicator you have turned on). When you fail to get a power reading that's your dodgey wire. Sounds simple but takes a lot of fart assing around; but in the end will save you heaps of money with an auto elec.

ps. Thanks for the feedback on the diagram, took me 4 days to do, but I wanted a good copy to put up on the web. So sick of blurry wiring diagrams
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ta22 and flasher unit/sss Fri, 27 August 2004 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok guys i have been tinkering with the car and i have found a relay in the engine bay which is related to the blinkers it is a 6 pin relay, the wires in the wiring loom have 6 pins in them for the blinker, have you guys ever hered of this, when i feed direct powewer to it it click but blinkers do not comone.

And it isnt horn or headlight realy as they still work when realy is disconeected.

thanks
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ta22 and flasher unit/sss Fri, 27 August 2004 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can you get a pick of it? or where in the bay is it exactly?
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Ta22 and flasher unit/sss Fri, 27 August 2004 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you have msn?
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ta22 and flasher unit/sss Fri, 27 August 2004 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah sorry
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: Ta22 and flasher unit/sss Sun, 29 August 2004 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry dude, I've got a 72 model and I don't have any relays in the engine bay what so ever. I think you might need to call in a proffesional... Confused
TheNav
Regular

April 2004
Re: Ta22 and flasher unit/sss Thu, 09 September 2004 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi all

I have a 73 model TA22 and just the other day my indicators stopped working. My hazards work fine though. Anyone got any ideas on what's wrong with it and how to fix it? Also, the CHG light is staying on. The car's fuel and temp gauge stopped working as well but then fixed itself up after about 2 mins. Any ideas anyone?

Thanx
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ta22 and flasher unit/sss Thu, 09 September 2004 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CHG light staying on is alternator issue... could be loose belt, alternator, regulator or wiring. start by taking alternator off and getting it checked at auto electrician, then go to belt (change it anyway to be safe)

after that unless your an electrical type person may need to get it checked
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: Ta22 and flasher unit/sss Thu, 09 September 2004 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fade-e:

Any chance you can get me a copy of your diagram, would love to compare notes.

ps. Mines just a cleaned and reworked version available on sixworks website.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Ta22 and flasher unit/sss Fri, 10 September 2004 03:13 Go to previous message
cant get my hands on a scanner to get diagram on PC. tried taking a photo of it Rolling Eyes but that didnt get too far Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Seat repair options?
Next Topic:1GGTE (ZE) Starter motor.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 22:47:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0074150562286377 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.