Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Queensland » Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
NOT162
Regular

July 2004
Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Sat, 07 August 2004 12:24 Go to next message
The TCCA-Q will be hosting a Dyno Day & Show & Shine on Sunday September 5 at FIST Performance & Audio, Boundary Rd, Wacol. Entry cost is $45.00/car for the dyno and/or $5.00/car for the SnS. dyno entry includes lunch (sausage and drink). Reserve your spot no later than thursday august 12 with a $5.00 deposit for the dyno.
  Send a private message to this user    
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Sat, 07 August 2004 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill try and have one of my cars there presentable Laughing
ultimatechaos
Regular

March 2003
Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Sat, 07 August 2004 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll be there Smile

hoping my car is fixed by then too .. its lost soo much since the last moron mechanic touched it !

revolution racegear is coming to my rescue Very Happy
NOT162
Regular

July 2004
Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Wed, 11 August 2004 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spoke to FIST today. They will not be able to check for speedo accuracy on the day. If that is a problem for anyone let me know.
ultimatechaos
Regular

March 2003
Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Wed, 11 August 2004 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah its a prob .. re last weekend Laughing

but i'll turn up anyways .. Smile gotta make some noise (litterly) on behalf of rolla's Very Happy
Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Thu, 12 August 2004 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm probably the closest on the forum to FIST, and I used to know Alistair Howard but I don't think I'll rockup.
Something about an automatic 5M-E doesn't get my heart racing.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Sun, 15 August 2004 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might come, car will be back fresh from respray and looking very pretty for a gz10 soarer.. making ample power too, somewhere over 200rwkw now
NOT162
Regular

July 2004
Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Sun, 15 August 2004 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have a spot just for you on the day. Will be good to see something different there, don't think we've had one of those at a SnS or dyno day yet.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Sun, 15 August 2004 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NOT162 wrote on Sun, 15 August 2004 21:30

Have a spot just for you on the day. Will be good to see something different there, don't think we've had one of those at a SnS or dyno day yet.

mad, ill try and remember to get it off work... my car is definately a different approach to most.. ill be joining club as i said.. but im completely strapped for cash atm(owe mum 2000, respray 2400 and just went on 5 star resort holiday) so owe heaps of money and cant afford 50 bucks even.. yet lol
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Sun, 15 August 2004 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you know ill be there, keen as mustard mate!!!

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Sun, 15 August 2004 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alwaysRA23 wrote on Sun, 15 August 2004 22:09

you know ill be there, keen as mustard mate!!!

you going to join the club?
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Mon, 16 August 2004 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shit yeah,

not really sure when... but im definatly going to, being a 1st year apprentice its kinda hard to spend money on things like that... esspecailly since i only just made the move from canberra like 2 months ago..

but im gunna join! Very Happy

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Tue, 17 August 2004 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alwaysRA23 wrote on Mon, 16 August 2004 18:32

shit yeah,

not really sure when... but im definatly going to, being a 1st year apprentice its kinda hard to spend money on things like that... esspecailly since i only just made the move from canberra like 2 months ago..

awesome
yeah i was just working heaps at sizzler to afford my car.. but now i only work 3 days a week(cause i dont wanna work much) and im broke
what suburb are you in?
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Tue, 17 August 2004 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds very nice, i'd like to have a another mod to see the power gain on the dyno to make use of the cheap $45, i'll probably turn up just to see and shit, and show off with out placing it on the dyno!

Would like to join to probably!

Nezza Cool
ultimatechaos
Regular

March 2003
Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Tue, 17 August 2004 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well my is going to be up and running again Very Happy

sporting some new air filters Shocked
just had my conversion completely checked over.
the guy who did the install OMG left so many ae85-4ac parts in the engine bay Laughing
current engine is a AE92-4age 100kw ... hopefully now i'm a little closer to that number once more Smile

looking forward to this indeed Very Happy

alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Tue, 17 August 2004 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Tue, 17 August 2004 12:02

shit yeah,

awesome
yeah i was just working heaps at sizzler to afford my car.. but now i only work 3 days a week(cause i dont wanna work much) and im broke
what suburb are you in?

im in strathpine mate,
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Tue, 17 August 2004 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alwaysRA23 wrote on Wed, 18 August 2004 06:37

Jag7799 wrote on Tue, 17 August 2004 12:02

shit yeah,

awesome
what suburb are you in?

im in strathpine mate,

nice, not too far from me at all... im in everton park.. maybe 10-15 mins away
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Wed, 18 August 2004 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id like to come but i have no running car atm... is the toyota club becoming more social now?
NOT162
Regular

July 2004
Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Wed, 18 August 2004 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet!! Can't wait to see your car. It sounds pretty good by your mod list. Will see you there. I'll be the one with little or no hair.
ultimatechaos
Regular

March 2003
Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Wed, 18 August 2004 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
w00t my car is fixed and LOUDER then ever under full throttle :D:D bring your recorders and stand back Very Happy

kw i think i'm only bout 90 or so car has a few other minor probs to adjust later.

wiring is a little wrong causing idle to be high.
rev limit is at 7500 instead of the 8200 the engine can do Sad
and i'll have extractors and 2.5inch exhaust system to sell once i find a factory manifold and 1.75inch system Smile

chaos
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Wed, 18 August 2004 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yo munki, if you wanna go and if i decide to go u want to go with me in the GT2, lol!

Nezza Cool
MR2_GUY
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Thu, 19 August 2004 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if my car is ready mite make an appearence

any1 on here with sw20 mr2 going ?
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Thu, 19 August 2004 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR2_GUY wrote on Thu, 19 August 2004 15:56

if my car is ready mite make an appearence

any1 on here with sw20 mr2 going ?

sucks doesent it?.. my car over last 6 months has been away more than ive had it at a ratio of about 4:1 lol
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Thu, 19 August 2004 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be lucky if either of my cars is going for this Sad

Ah well i might get the ma70s exhaust done in time hopefully Smile
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Thu, 19 August 2004 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cmon blake, get it fixed up and we can show em all what the mighty mk3's can do! lol

lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Thu, 19 August 2004 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would my corona be welcome there???

75 model with rust hangin out all ova all standard 18r with 5
speed

i dont wana dyno just have a look

[Updated on: Thu, 19 August 2004 08:59]

ultimatechaos
Regular

March 2003
Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Thu, 19 August 2004 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well the dyno costs money so that'll really be up to u Smile

but i'm sure u can come for a look Smile as long as its toyota its welcome Very Happy
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Thu, 19 August 2004 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
see what i can do gumbi Wink

Pm me your phone number ya ass..will have to catch up for a beer!
joshske
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Thu, 19 August 2004 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be there for sure after I find out where the hell it is? Confused Confused

wouldnt mind getting a few pointers from people and to have a beer too Very Happy

We so need a group of us, kind of like a smaller club to all get together, meet up and go for a few runs or something on thursdays! Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 19 August 2004 13:32]

djbourboncan
Regular

August 2004
Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Thu, 19 August 2004 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would like to check out the other cars there but my registered car isnt a toyota, can i still dyno run it
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Fri, 20 August 2004 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yay! they are gonna fix my ma70! so it'll be there, not fixed, but with a new exhaust so it can actually drive ok Wink

MR2_GUY
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Fri, 20 August 2004 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah cars take longer then expected cause workshops say they can do this and that and it usually take longer. so yeeah i will try and be there. i own a red sw20 mr2 with custom kit with red custom paint and primistic. and airubrushing. hopfully by the show if i get my mags and interior done i will be showing . any1 else showing?

car was meant to be ready for bas but no luck so we will see hopping it will be done by the cruise. 29th of august see u guys then
Cool
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Sat, 21 August 2004 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR2_GUY wrote on Sat, 21 August 2004 09:37

yeah cars take longer then expected cause workshops say they can do this and that and it usually take longer. so yeeah i will try and be there. i own a red sw20 mr2 with custom kit with red custom paint and primistic. and airubrushing. hopfully by the show if i get my mags and interior done i will be showing . any1 else showing?

car was meant to be ready for bas but no luck so we will see hopping it will be done by the cruise. 29th of august see u guys then
Cool

i know what u mean
for my converison, car was meant to take 3 weeks.... took 8.. and i even searched around and supplied EVERYTHING to make it a bolt in job
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Sun, 22 August 2004 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just wondering if there is neone taking a ta22

thanx
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Sun, 22 August 2004 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lilcrash wrote on Sun, 22 August 2004 19:31

just wondering if there is neone taking a ta22

thanx

the last time i was at the meeting there was a guy with a 13b ta22.. he might be there
NOT162
Regular

July 2004
Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Mon, 23 August 2004 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Sorry it took so long to reply. How do you mean more social?
We welcome anyone owning a toyota in the club.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Mon, 23 August 2004 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NOT162 wrote on Tue, 24 August 2004 08:46

Quote:

Sorry it took so long to reply. How do you mean more social?
We welcome anyone owning a toyota in the club.

they mean like... maybe having skirmish days.. or just a bbq... crap like that
got sep 5 off.. will be there..not sure if i have enough dosh to go on dyno though
Aydrianp
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Tue, 24 August 2004 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might come around and have a look.
I'm keen to join the toyota club.
please email me with the info! Very Happy
ultimatechaos
Regular

March 2003
Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Wed, 25 August 2004 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NOT162 wrote on Sat, 07 August 2004 22:24

The TCCA-Q will be hosting a Dyno Day & Show & Shine on Sunday September 5 at FIST Performance & Audio, Boundary Rd, Wacol. Entry cost is $45.00/car for the dyno and/or $5.00/car for the SnS. dyno entry includes lunch (sausage and drink). Reserve your spot no later than thursday august 12 with a $5.00 deposit for the dyno.

should be all the info u need Smile

first post Razz
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Thu, 26 August 2004 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like my car wont be there Mad
respray is to take longer than expected(and cost me more... Sad) will only be getting put back together that weekend.. not happy
ill probably come in someone elses car or something
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Thu, 26 August 2004 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will be watching useless fat cunt whales in harvey bay that weekend, so i MAY be able to come, if i roll up, is there a possibility to chuck $45 and have a burl, i wanna see what it can do
NOT162
Regular

July 2004
Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Thu, 26 August 2004 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Because this event is organised by the Toyota Car Club and we are limited to only 20 cars to be run on the dyno, then any Toyota must get priority, however if there are any spaces left you will be more than welcome to get your car on the dyno regardless of what marque it is.

Hope to see you there.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Thu, 26 August 2004 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sik
I roll in an RT104 corona, 18RGU
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Thu, 26 August 2004 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yay! my ma70 comes back with new system tommorow!
Just hope the engine warning light doesnt turn itself on :s

tends to do it at speeds over 140km/hr
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Fri, 27 August 2004 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Thu, 26 August 2004 23:10

yay! my ma70 comes back with new system tommorow!
Just hope the engine warning light doesnt turn itself on :s

tends to do it at speeds over 140km/hr

shootout mode should be gear that best represents 100-140 km/h
so shouldnt go much over 140
whats ur car do in 2nd? that is the gear that will be used
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Sun, 29 August 2004 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no, 3rd in the auto is where the gear is 1:1. WHich is 4th in a manual - the right gear for it.

I got up to about 150 last nite and the light didnt come on..yay!
It can light the tyres up easy now, im sure the exhaust has given it heaps more torque! 245s and a big LSD requires some effort...
fredqld
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Sun, 29 August 2004 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What time next Sunday for the show n shine?
ultimatechaos
Regular

March 2003
Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Sun, 29 August 2004 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually thats a good question?

are we all meeting somewhere then showing up .. or are we just rocking up there at a certain time??

chaos?
NOT162
Regular

July 2004
Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Sun, 29 August 2004 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Entrants in both show and shine and/or dyno should be there between 9.00 and 9.30 for judging to start at 10.00am. Just all meet there. If anyone wants to head over in convoy from the northside give me a yell.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Sun, 29 August 2004 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Sun, 29 August 2004 15:34

no, 3rd in the auto is where the gear is 1:1. WHich is 4th in a manual - the right gear for it.

I got up to about 150 last nite and the light didnt come on..yay!
It can light the tyres up easy now, im sure the exhaust has given it heaps more torque! 245s and a big LSD requires some effort...

no, shootout mode is done in the gear that best represents between 100-140 km/h which is generally 2nd in auto and 3rd in manual.. and is now the common median for all dyno's... so 2nd is the right gear.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Sun, 29 August 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats this shootout mode crap? proper dynos are done in the gear which represents 1:1 ratio.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Sun, 29 August 2004 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
isn't this argument already in johal's thread about his first dyno run... Wink
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Sun, 29 August 2004 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sure is Wink

i guesss we will find out what gear they like at this one on sunday Wink
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Sun, 29 August 2004 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wont be going.. but I can tell you right now its going to be second Razz
shootout mode is the latest, most accurate software... used in all proper dyno's and dyno days...
toymods dyno days are now done in shootout mode too Smile
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Mon, 30 August 2004 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this year wasnt
Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Mon, 30 August 2004 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been operating dynanometers for over 75 years.
All dynos are done in 1st, 5th, or reverse, depending on how many cylinders it has.
I wish to prolong this useless bitching that is so common on this forum, so please continue.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Mon, 30 August 2004 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Mon, 30 August 2004 12:47

this year wasnt

then according to dyno dynamics.. it was done wrong
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Mon, 30 August 2004 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beer_is_good wrote on Mon, 30 August 2004 13:02

I've been operating dynanometers for over 75 years.
All dynos are done in 1st, 5th, or reverse, depending on how many cylinders it has.
I wish to prolong this useless bitching that is so common on this forum, so please continue.

have dynos been around 75 years? WHOA! so you're like 95 years old?!
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Mon, 30 August 2004 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyway im out, c yas this weekend!
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toyota Car Club Dyno Day & Show & Shine Mon, 30 August 2004 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
who cares Smile dyno sheets are usless without time slips. in my honest opinion...

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:CANCELLED
Next Topic:THIS SAT NITE 4TH CRUISE.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:20:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0092430114746094 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.