Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Queensland » Brisbane cruise 29th august details

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Brisbane cruise 29th august details Sat, 28 August 2004 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Beer_is_good and myself should be at the Mt Gravatt meetup place around 10.15 We'll see you guys thre.
  Send a private message to this user    
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Brisbane cruise 29th august details Sun, 29 August 2004 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
btw: lance was last seen at the logan motorway toll-booth towing a MA61 (with a dead autobox) back towards smithfeld...

the cruise made a reasonable start from the yatala BP... but with no map handouts and folks bolted down the freeway at the start, it got kinds out of sorts early (well for me it did)... i ended up following (just) the soarers down to cooloongatta and then spent some time gawking at a lot of 2Jz and 1UZ powered rocketships...

pics to com shortly folks ..
Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Brisbane cruise 29th august details Sun, 29 August 2004 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We made it back to Springfield!
Just north of Burleigh exit, to Springfield, at around 80km/h, 2m apart, love that kinda stuff (not).
It was a good cruise until I lost all drive.
I tells ya, autos are bad news.
SecaBoy
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: Brisbane cruise 29th august details Sun, 29 August 2004 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, im glad that i started the first part with a massive turn out from the northsiders (just me Laughing)...

thanks to the guys that came to mt gravatt, u all have drool worthy cars... Embarassed

i hope that the rest of the cruise (from yatala to whereever) was good...
i went to pick up a friend, but got stuck at his house for a bit so i didnt get time to get back to yatala... Embarassed

twas good to meet some new people with nice TOYOTAS!! Very Happy

cya
ashley
Aydrianp
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Brisbane cruise 29th august details Sun, 29 August 2004 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The day started off awesome, The drive to the coast was the best, but after we got there it all went wrong Shocked
Half the ppl didn't make it and the other half!!! split up eventually, we went to the spit to find that only a few cars came and the other??? Don't know what happened there.

Just bad organising i guess

Confused
Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Brisbane cruise 29th august details Sun, 29 August 2004 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, we learned from it.

-Never drive an auto
-Next time we go for a cruise, have maps, directions, an approximate timetable, and it'd be schweet, and make it official.
Aydrianp
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Brisbane cruise 29th august details Sun, 29 August 2004 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I really do agree Smile
Hopefully the next one will be organised properly and we can all have fun Very Happy
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Brisbane cruise 29th august details Sun, 29 August 2004 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man my poor GT4 had to tow that big Supra back home..... Talk about nerve wrecking.

Was a good day, sorry i didn't get around to say hi to all you folks.

Next cruise, should be better! (this time, we don't join up with someone else Smile)
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Brisbane cruise 29th august details Sun, 29 August 2004 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We had to pull out at yatala because the ol TA22 was over heating. We ended up at the local pub playing a few games of pool Smile
MK4_Dru
Newcomer

August 2004
Re: Brisbane cruise 29th august details Sun, 29 August 2004 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys, here is the story

The cruise was organized by myself and another supra owner from another forum, we know many of the supra owners and are mostly from the same forum.

The soarers came from their own forum and the soups from supraforums. Unfortunetly The details were posted on every other forum except for this one. The cruise was heading to Point Danger and basically either A: splitting from there or B: heading up to the spit; which a few of us did

Next time I will make sure to include your forum for the future fun Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks guys, was a good day out.
Aydrianp
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Brisbane cruise 29th august details Sun, 29 August 2004 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Other than the mishaps, I reckon the day was great hope to do it again with you all soon! Very Happy
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Brisbane cruise 29th august details Sun, 29 August 2004 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi folks,

pics here:
http://www.mkhala.com.au/thechuckster/cruise/cruis e.html

but this is a taste...
http://www.mkhala.com.au/thechuckster/cruise/cruise-Images/16.jpg

(sorry about the poor colour correction - am too lazy to batch fix evrything in photoshop - if it really sucks on a PC monitor, PM ame and i'll do it).

Mrk4_dru: was good fun ... i was going to suggest tha you bring copies of the map/route to hand out at the start - but we're just as guilty having not doing that either... Wink

<aydrianp> in the red MA61: guys, sorry i missed you at the spit, i got stuck in traffic going thru surfers (my fault, looked closer on the map). next time?

cheers,
Charles.

[Updated on: Sun, 29 August 2004 12:06]

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Brisbane cruise 29th august details Sun, 29 August 2004 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here are my pictures.

http://www.kuhlmorgen.dyndns.org/richard/Toymods%2 0Cruise%2029-8-04/

PM me if they don't work. They should do.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Brisbane cruise 29th august details Sun, 29 August 2004 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like it was a nice day..sorry i couldnt go! I am just trying so hard to get my ma61 going!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Brisbane cruise 29th august details Sun, 29 August 2004 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had no car.. otherwise i would have turned up to atleast the meeting-
oldskoolrolla
Regular

September 2002
Re: Brisbane cruise 29th august details Sun, 29 August 2004 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
turned out to be a pretty ok day after all.

I would have stayed longer except I was concerned about my Corona's temp guage reading later in the cruise, plus I had to start work at 4pm. Good to put some facese and cars to the names and hope to see you all again next cruise

Dan
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Brisbane cruise 29th august details Sun, 29 August 2004 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good to see d hoes in da short skirts also made an appearance Very Happy

http://www.kuhlmorgen.dyndns.org/richard/Toymods%20Cruise%2029-8-04/images/IMGP1218.jpg
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Brisbane cruise 29th august details Sun, 29 August 2004 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Sun, 29 August 2004 23:38

Good to see d hoes in da short skirts also made an appearance Very Happy

http://www.kuhlmorgen.dyndns.org/richard/Toymods%2 0Cruise%2029-8-04/images/IMGP1218.jpg

Lol sorry, missed the pictures of da girls Razz
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Brisbane cruise 29th august details Sun, 29 August 2004 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On another note, when I was leaving the Yatlar BP yesterday, we saw a Rav4 reverse into a Soarer that was getting some fuel. Did anyone see how bad the damage was?
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Brisbane cruise 29th august details Sun, 29 August 2004 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Mon, 30 August 2004 08:06

On another note, when I was leaving the Yatlar BP yesterday, we saw a Rav4 reverse into a Soarer that was getting some fuel. Did anyone see how bad the damage was?

First i've heard of it....
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Brisbane cruise 29th august details Mon, 30 August 2004 03:58 Go to previous message
sorry couldn't make it either, got the shocking fever on saturday and as you can imagine was not really in the mood to drive about 400kms then Smile

Plus my corona isn't on the road yet Sad
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Best cruise ever (Sort of)
Next Topic:EOI drift/skid pan day brissy/coast
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:41:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.013628005981445 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.