Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Drove the Prius!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon14.gif  Drove the Prius! Mon, 30 August 2004 07:30 Go to next message
I was very impressed to say the least! It's kinda like a Corolla but shitloads of torque.

I don't know how they mated two engines together so smoothly, but DANG! You hardly ever feel the two powerplants switching in and out. I think I felt a slight bump twice in a drive that prolly lasted 20mins. It's an amazing achievement considering that the petrol engine is actually turned off when it's not used!

This car is so uber-cool! Makes a geek like me go all ga ga!

The key is basically a black box (you stick it in a slot on the base model, the iTech pack works by proximity!).

It has a touch-sensitive centre console where you control everything from.

The iTech pack (which costs $8100) adds a few funky things like:
* DVD-based navigation
* Smart entry. Step near your car and it will detect the key. Touch a door handle and everything unlocks. Get in and press the "Start" button, and that's it!
* Bluetooth carphone system. You can even copy your entire addressbook into the car, then control it via the touch screen!

It's just shocking how well they made this car work! I'm very impressed.
In fact, given the choice between the Liberty, Accord Euro, and Prius (I drove all three during the weekend). I'd take the Prius.

There's a 4 month waiting list on this car for good reason!
  Send a private message to this user    
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Drove the Prius! Mon, 30 August 2004 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn!! Must be real good, if your comparing it to the others!!! Do i sence a little bit of Biased based opinion?? Razz

How was the Liberty?
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Drove the Prius! Mon, 30 August 2004 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Liberty thoughts are here:
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=42518#msg_397448

No bias, just a big appeal to my geeky side (which is 100% of me Smile)
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Drove the Prius! Mon, 30 August 2004 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweeet

if i buy a daily
it will be a prius

on another note
drove an mr-s on the weekend
nice!
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Drove the Prius! Mon, 30 August 2004 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does it cost a shitload ?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Drove the Prius! Mon, 30 August 2004 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes

$45,176
Price $AUD, includes GST. Excludes dealer fitted accessories, dealer delivery & statutory charges

Options
Standard Vehicle RRP - $36,990
+ i-Tech Pack - $8,100
+ Carpeted floor mat set - Grey $86

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Drove the Prius! Mon, 30 August 2004 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup. An expensive Corolla...

But no cars at that price range can boast the sort of techno goodies it has (like the smart key and Bluetooth system).

Plus it's just so cool!

It's absolutely quiet when running on the electric engine. It's so freaky to see (and hear).
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Drove the Prius! Mon, 30 August 2004 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
narkus did u dive into a few corners? how does it feel for a corolla, can it still be fun?
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Drove the Prius! Mon, 30 August 2004 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I read a review or comparison between the Pirus and the Honda Insight which said they both lacked power. ie Quote "would get convincingly screwed over at every set of lights by a 5 year old hyundai excel"

This article was about 3 years old did you find the the power has improved at all?

The other thing which may be of interest is the Pirus they tested was an import less than 2 years old and came in a roughly 1/2 the retail price in Aust. Food for thourght.

I'm one of those gadget loving freaks as well and am concidering this type of vehicle as my next company car as a daily driver.

Did you find out any info on the service schedule of the costs involved with regular maintanance for the Pirus? I wondered if it would be on par with a "normal" car until the batteries play out.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Drove the Prius! Mon, 30 August 2004 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, didn't take it through any corners.

Centre of gravity is a bit high for that sort of stuff (without p00in d4 p4ntz).

A Corolla would be more fun just purely because of that CoG

Steering was very nice though! Much nicer than the Liberty and Accord that I drove. Very direct and communicative. And it's all steer-by-wire too!
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Drove the Prius! Mon, 30 August 2004 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lambolica wrote on Tue, 31 August 2004 09:32

I read a review or comparison between the Pirus and the Honda Insight which said they both lacked power. ie Quote "would get convincingly screwed over at every set of lights by a 5 year old hyundai excel"

This article was about 3 years old did you find the the power has improved at all?

The second generation Prius is heaps better than the first one in terms of drivability and power. They've improved the power quite dramatically and will do 0-100km in the amount of time a standard small car will do it (11s or so).
The difference is that it has over 400Nm of torque. Smile

The other thing which may be of interest is the Pirus they tested was an import less than 2 years old and came in a roughly 1/2 the retail price in Aust. Food for thourght.

Yeah, resale values of the first generation were shocking. It's too early to tell whether this one will suffer the same fate, but judging from the demand (4 month waiting list), I think we can safely assume that it won't be as bad.
Plus, I'd be getting the Prius on a novated lease, so I don't actually care about resale value. Smile

Did you find out any info on the service schedule of the costs involved with regular maintanance for the Pirus? I wondered if it would be on par with a "normal" car until the batteries play out.

Nah, no idea about the servicing. I imaging that you'd HAVE to take it back to Toyota 'coz no one else would know a thing about it.
Batteries are guaranteed for 5 years. Expected lifespan of 10 years and currently $3k to replace. Although in 10 years time, it would probably be mainstream enough to only cost $500 or something like that... Smile
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Drove the Prius! Mon, 30 August 2004 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you look at a novated lease make sure that you don't leave a big residual payment at the end of the term.

Yeah looks like the second generation has improved as (from memory) the 1st gen had 300Nm and a 0-100 of about 14sec. 1/4 mile around 20sec.

Have they cut some of the weight out of it at all or does it still come in around the 1350kg mark?
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Drove the Prius! Tue, 31 August 2004 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toyota lists it as 1295-1325kg. Second figure is probably the iTech pack.
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Drove the Prius! Tue, 31 August 2004 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Tue, 31 August 2004 09:41

Nah, didn't take it through any corners.

Centre of gravity is a bit high for that sort of stuff (without p00in d4 p4ntz).

I would have thought that as a lot of the weight was batteries, that it would be easy to get the CofG nice and low...
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Drove the Prius! Tue, 31 August 2004 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dunno. That may be so, but there was a lot of swaying up the top. Couldn't just been soft suspension, I dunno. I wasn't really testing how it really drove around corners. Smile
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Drove the Prius! Tue, 31 August 2004 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Sounds okay, but for $45k I'd prefer to buy a 2nd car for $10k and the remaining $35k would keep me in petrol and maintenance for quite some time.

Judging by current servicing costs of Toyota, I'd say they'd be pretty hefty. Sounds like a good car for the environment, but bad for the wallet.

seeyuzz
river
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Drove the Prius! Tue, 31 August 2004 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apparentlty the prius has a shit house resale value. One went at Fowlers auction and toyota prohibited the relaese of the sale price coz it was so low. They lose about $10K a yr or more.

Passed one about a month ago broken down on the side of the road was worth a laugh. i wouldn't get one you can get similar efficiency out of an Echo that costs $15K brand new. Whatever marginal petrol you save you lose in paying an extra $20000 for the car as well as it's depreciation.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Drove the Prius! Tue, 31 August 2004 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 31 August 2004 16:24

Apparentlty the prius has a shit house resale value. One went at Fowlers auction and toyota prohibited the relaese of the sale price coz it was so low. They lose about $10K a yr or more.

Passed one about a month ago broken down on the side of the road was worth a laugh. i wouldn't get one you can get similar efficiency out of an Echo that costs $15K brand new. Whatever marginal petrol you save you lose in paying an extra $20000 for the car as well as it's depreciation.

10k in the 1st year is small compared to falcadores and the like
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Drove the Prius! Tue, 31 August 2004 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$10k is on a good day when you find some other eco freak who cares as much about the environemnt as u do. there are many prius's sold for around $24K that are not even ayr old.
Falco dores don't lose that much. The most they lose in a yr is a bout $7k for an executive. Plus most on the market are sold by companies who have clocked up high K's in a short period of time.
When we bougth our camry it was $8K off new price and had only done 18000 k in 6 months. wAS ANOTHER there however that had done 48000k in same time they were both toyota owned vehicles but the second one was another $3K off.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Drove the Prius! Tue, 31 August 2004 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 31 August 2004 17:00

$10k is on a good day when you find some other eco freak who cares as much about the environemnt as u do. there are many prius's sold for around $24K that are not even ayr old.
Falco dores don't lose that much. The most they lose in a yr is a bout $7k for an executive. Plus most on the market are sold by companies who have clocked up high K's in a short period of time.
When we bougth our camry it was $8K off new price and had only done 18000 k in 6 months. wAS ANOTHER there however that had done 48000k in same time they were both toyota owned vehicles but the second one was another $3K off.

'4 month waiting list'
definately no ecu freaks around here
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Drove the Prius! Tue, 31 August 2004 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Was this a first gen Prius? Or second gen?
Remember, they're two very different cars.

i wouldn't get one you can get similar efficiency out of an Echo that costs $15K brand new. Whatever marginal petrol you save you lose in paying an extra $20000 for the car as well as it's depreciation.

How would you get similar efficiency out of an Echo? I'd like to see the techological facts that you can give me to prove this point.

As for the whole saving fuel thing, I don't think many people would buy this car to save money. It's a statement, not a money saving exercise.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Drove the Prius! Tue, 31 August 2004 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Tue, 31 August 2004 18:58

Was this a first gen Prius? Or second gen?
Remember, they're two very different cars.

i wouldn't get one you can get similar efficiency out of an Echo that costs $15K brand new. Whatever marginal petrol you save you lose in paying an extra $20000 for the car as well as it's depreciation.

How would you get similar efficiency out of an Echo? I'd like to see the techological facts that you can give me to prove this point.

As for the whole saving fuel thing, I don't think many people would buy this car to save money. It's a statement, not a money saving exercise.

if i was trying to save money, id buy a mighty boy
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Drove the Prius! Tue, 31 August 2004 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Owning the Prius, always remember that you don't visit the petrol station as often as you always would with a 5M-E
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Drove the Prius! Tue, 31 August 2004 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On the highway, an Echo could probably bend it over in fuel economy, that said, an Echo is hardly going to have the instant torque of an electric motor for overtaking.

In the city, the Prius gets better fuel economy again, and it'd probably do the reverse to the Echo. That and it's bigger Smile
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Drove the Prius! Tue, 31 August 2004 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the echo uses around 5-6lper100km in the city versus about 4.5l per 100km. This hardly justifies spending an extra $20-$25 on the car. The prius is a slow piece of shit. Hybrids are gay and the future is fuel cells I say.
The only worthwhile hybrids are those in the future lexuses. They make sense in high capacity vehicles ie 300kw V8 mated with 50kw electric motor. This acheives great fuel economy out of a large vehicle. When mated to smaller engines the gains are minimal and when these small engines are already as efficient why bother.
For the money of the prius I would rather buy the VW tdi 2.0l turbo diesal. 103kw 320 nm of torque at 1900rpm. This engine uses 5L per 100km in city not sure. 0-100kmph in 8.5 secs much faster than prius and has usable space cos doesn't have batteries.
It is only $34K and comes in either 6 spd manual or 6spd DSG. that is it a sequential gearbix with two clutches that preselects the next gear for you offering shift times of just .2 of a second
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Drove the Prius! Tue, 31 August 2004 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Tue, 31 August 2004 18:58

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Drove the Prius! Tue, 31 August 2004 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah well a diesal will make just as much of a statement and will be funny to watch off the lights when something that sounds like a tractor muches tools in swifts.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Drove the Prius! Tue, 31 August 2004 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just to clear up some confusion.

Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 01 September 2004 09:29

the echo uses around 5-6lper100km in the city versus about 4.5l per 100km.

The Prius uses 3.5L/100km in the City cycle.
Even if it ran only the petrol engine, it'd still be more fuel efficient. The engine is built to have as little resistance as possible amongst its moving parts, it's tuned to use little petrol, has funky stuff like DFI. The car has a 0.26Cd, has aero under the car to reduce drag, has low resistance tyres.

Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 01 September 2004 09:29

The prius is a slow piece of shit.

It's faster than the Echo that you're comparing it to... Not that anyone who buys one of these cars cares how fast it is. It will overtake just as well as that TDi, and that's all that really matters.

I think people need to get a few things out of their heads:
1) You don't buy a Prius to save money
2) The first gen and second gen cars are VERY different. We car talking about the second gen car here.

Now, here's an exercise for you. Forgetting about the two engines and the cool CVT that combines the flawlessly, tell me which other car (and how much it costs) gives you:
Voice activated GPS
Bluetooth carphone system
Proximity-controlled entry & start
Steer-by-wire
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Drove the Prius! Wed, 01 September 2004 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whilst CVT is great it is argued by many people that you speed far more easily with it due to the fact that the engine note doesn't change. Yeah low resistance tyres are so cool they mean you have less grip.
The engine in the prius is not that special it is the same as the 1.5l echo engine except it is detuned.
A race prius has been made with beefed up engine and it's neck snapping peformance of 0-100 in 8.7 secs.
I don't see what image you can portray by driving a PRIUS if you care about the environment use public transport or ride a bike.
They are wothless over priced pieces of shit and toyota should spend more time developing hydrogen fuel cell vehicles that produce water as emmissions now theres a statement.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Drove the Prius! Wed, 01 September 2004 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Wed, 01 September 2004 09:57

tell me which other car (and how much it costs) gives you:
Voice activated GPS
Bluetooth carphone system
Proximity-controlled entry & start
Steer-by-wire

This is important, 'coz those are the actual reasons why I want a Prius.

It's all about the geeky toys.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Drove the Prius! Wed, 01 September 2004 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just buy and RGV, 2 stroke goodness, not good for the environment but uses less fuel than the Prius Wink

lol
nitephyre
Regular

July 2003
Re: Drove the Prius! Wed, 01 September 2004 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who cares about an Echo. they're ugly.

also i couldn't really care about the environment saving factor, i think the prius is cool, and the technology in it is as nark says, a geeks dream Smile

i want futuristic sci fi cars and i want 'em now dangit heh Smile

course, i dont have the dough for 'em but aaaaaaanyway
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Drove the Prius! Wed, 01 September 2004 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wish I had 13:1 compression on my engine.
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Drove the Prius! Wed, 01 September 2004 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142, whats that brown stinky stuff coming out of your mouth?

jase
Regular

May 2002
Re: Drove the Prius! Wed, 01 September 2004 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 01 September 2004 10:09

Whilst CVT is great it is argued by many people that you speed far more easily with it due to the fact that the engine note doesn't change.

Can you name 5 of the many people that argued this.

Yeah low resistance tyres are so cool they mean you have less grip.

Tell Ray Martin so he can do a show. "Toyota Endangers Kiddies by using Gripless Death Tyre in Electro killing machine". Maybe you could do an interview or something.

The engine in the prius is not that special

Riiiight. Not that special. Nah, I'm listenin....

I don't see what image you can portray by driving a PRIUS.

Was the thread tittled "Will the Prius allow me to impress Corona RT142" or "Will my image be okay if I drive a..."? No, it was a comment by someone that's driven a Prius - accept it as that.

They are wothless over priced pieces of shit and toyota should spend more time developing hydrogen fuel cell vehicles that produce water as emmissions now theres a statement.

Compared to gasoline-fueled vehicles, hydrogen fuel-cell vehicles have low emissions and low on-road energy use. But converting a hydrocarbon fuel such as natural gas into hydrogen uses a substantial amount of energy and does emit greenhouse gases. You also complain about the cost of the car - how much is one of these hydrogen powered cars thats so freely available cost?

No doubt fuel injection, ABS EFI and other new fangled thingies were stupid too....
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Drove the Prius! Wed, 01 September 2004 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jase wrote on Wed, 01 September 2004 23:03

No doubt fuel injection, ABS EFI and other new fangled thingies were stupid too....

they are to the v8 boys lol
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Drove the Prius! Wed, 01 September 2004 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fuel cells still aren't ready for the market, but when they are (very soon) toyota will be using them.

lets not forget that ford are using the prius hybrid engine for use in there own cars, so yeah that must mean it's a real piece of shit alright.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Drove the Prius! Thu, 02 September 2004 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hybrid engines are not exactly new fandangled things that have been aroung since the late 1800's.
Also testing by open road saw a fuel consunption best figure of 4.6l per 100km not exactly the 3.5l as claimed. As for the CVT how about you read some reputable car magazines ie wheels motor, alot of them have argued against them because of this point.
The peak torque is produced at only 400rpm or somethin while this is great is useless once the vehicle is going.
I'm not saying CVT are bad just that perceptions are that you could get caught for speeding as there is no change in engine note. There not that exclusive anyway, availble in honda Jazz new colt, various audis and othere euro trash.
koen
Regular

March 2004
Re: Drove the Prius! Thu, 02 September 2004 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Prius Hybrid engine won Best Fuel Economy, Best 1.4 - 1.8, Best New Engine and International Engine of the Year in this year's Engine of the year awards. I guess it must be a real piece of shit, eh? Rolling Eyes

http://www.ukintpress.com/engineoftheyear/categori es04.html

[Updated on: Thu, 02 September 2004 04:27]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Drove the Prius! Thu, 02 September 2004 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Umm, ever thought there is a reason it gets better fuel economy in the city than on the highway. Regardless, on the highway that is pretty good, and in the city it's better. It has a 4.4l/100km average, on the same tests everything else is done on.

The Echo has 5.8l/100km by the same scale, but has less "power" and a heap less torque. Overall in the city where the Prius belongs it'd kill the Echo.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Drove the Prius! Thu, 02 September 2004 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah but all those award ceremonies are rigged, ie who can pay the most money to get the prize.
I haev nothing against hybrids just the fact that they are far more useful in being mated to engines of higher capacities to produce far better economy. Why mate it too a 1.5l engine that already runs on an oily rag.
I have said it before and will say it again. Future plans of lexus andf Honda to mate hybrids to high capacity engines are amuch more viable option. think about it you get a rip snorting perfromance vehicle and you can tell all the eco freaks where to go.
An engine that is already efficeint only gains marginal improvement, but imagine having V8 regularly returning 8-10 litres per 100km in the city.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Drove the Prius! Thu, 02 September 2004 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 02 September 2004 12:33

Yeah but all those award ceremonies are rigged, ie who can pay the most money to get the prize.

Biggest load of horse-shit....ever. Mazda wouldn't have won so many awards for the RENESIS had they done it that way, they could barely afford to make it as it was.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Drove the Prius! Thu, 02 September 2004 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rotaries are the dodgiest engines in terms of measuring engine capaicity. Barry Lake one of the most respected journo in terms of techniacl data in a 1998 issue of motor pointed out this. The true capaicity is something closer to 4.0l. Now 177kw out of a 4.0l engine doesn't seem thast impressive does it considering it drink 15+ litres per 100km. Don't believe I'll scan and post the article.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Drove the Prius! Thu, 02 September 2004 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 02 September 2004 15:15

Rotaries are the dodgiest engines in terms of measuring engine capaicity. Barry Lake one of the most respected journo in terms of techniacl data in a 1998 issue of motor pointed out this. The true capaicity is something closer to 4.0l. Now 177kw out of a 4.0l engine doesn't seem thast impressive does it considering it drink 15+ litres per 100km. Don't believe I'll scan and post the article.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????

MacroP
Regular

April 2004
Re: Drove the Prius! Thu, 02 September 2004 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I guess we've all learnt something today.
"Never argue with an idiot, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Laughing

BOT. I love the the Prius myself with all it's techno gimmicktry aswell aswell as it's more important merits.
I think they are exceptional value for money.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Drove the Prius! Thu, 02 September 2004 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol keep this thread going this dude is hilarious Laughing
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Drove the Prius! Thu, 02 September 2004 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The hybrid car had to come along at some stage, it's a transition from fuel (wich is running out and becoming more expensive every day) to pure electric, or other forms of power that is more sustainable then petrol.

Soon (well 5-20 years) all cars sold will be either hybrid or %100 electric powered! especially when fuel cells hit the market in volume and brought down to an affordable price.

I think it's a milestone for cars considering these hybrids are not prototypes of cars for the future but cars that are in mass production and can be buaght now! (ok there is that waiting list, but give it time)

I can see why the hybrid is so special.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Drove the Prius! Thu, 02 September 2004 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw a quote in a magazine that tested one (I beleieve that it was the first incarnation), and they said ;

"It is like eating Broccoli, you know it is good for you, but you don't enjoy it"

Sounds like there has been heaps of improvement though. Would be interesting to drive
Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: Drove the Prius! Fri, 03 September 2004 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 02 September 2004 14:33

Ahh. You're one of THOSE people.

Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 02 September 2004 14:33

think about it you get a rip snorting perfromance vehicle and you can tell all the eco freaks where to go.

Quoted to prove previous point Very Happy

How did you find the CVT Nark? I reckon the "constantly-slipping-clutch" would get on my nerves after a while, but I've read that they're quite nice to drive.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Drove the Prius! Fri, 03 September 2004 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tats wrote on Fri, 03 September 2004 10:41

How did you find the CVT Nark? I reckon the "constantly-slipping-clutch" would get on my nerves after a while, but I've read that they're quite nice to drive.

I didn't notice it. Which is a good sign that they got it right!

I only ever felt two shudders through the drivetrain, and that was when I floored it from a stop, when the petrol engine kicked in, it gave a bit of a shake both times, but nothing more than a standard auto gear change...
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Drove the Prius! Fri, 03 September 2004 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about the Honda Hybrid, it is a waste of time. I would rather drive the Prius then the Hybrid anytime. Cool
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Drove the Prius! Fri, 03 September 2004 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 02 September 2004 15:15

you have too much cock in mouth
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Drove the Prius! Fri, 03 September 2004 02:07 Go to previous message
There's actually the Civic Hybrid, which was released a couple of months ago.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:DRIFT TRACKS IM VICTORIA
Next Topic:Should Toyota bring back a newer looking old celica ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 05:12:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.012012958526611 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.