V8Supercars Mon, 30 August 2004 11:42 Go to next message

V8Supercars[ 79 vote(s) ]
1.I'm a hard-core fan! 13 / 16%
2.I keep an eye on it. 21 / 27%
3.I'd be more interested if Toyota was involved. 20 / 25%
4.Nah, not a fan. 8 / 10%
5.Those old dinosaurs? Give me a break! 17 / 22%

Just a quick poll, for interest's sake.

What does the average Toymods member think of V8Supercars?

Let us know what you think.

Send a private message to this user    
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: V8Supercars Mon, 30 August 2004 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go the HSVs Evil or Very Mad freaken FORDS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: V8Supercars Mon, 30 August 2004 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is not too different from F1 - a game for the stupidly rich, dominated by one or two manufacturers
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: V8Supercars Mon, 30 August 2004 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Only like them because of the beautiful roar Evil or Very Mad and the crashes.

Go HSV Very Happy
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8Supercars Mon, 30 August 2004 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go FORD
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: V8Supercars Mon, 30 August 2004 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
die in a fire

they all cant drive

that skaife guy included

DIRTY!
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: V8Supercars Mon, 30 August 2004 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FORD!!!!!!!!
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: V8Supercars Mon, 30 August 2004 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Siktoy ra23 wrote on Mon, 30 August 2004 23:13

FORD!!!!!!!!

Agreed
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: V8Supercars Mon, 30 August 2004 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Mon, 30 August 2004 22:14

is not too different from F1 - a game for the stupidly rich, dominated by one or two manufacturers

mate its nothing like F1 cause there are only 2 car types, F1 has many different manufacturers
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8Supercars Mon, 30 August 2004 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what shits me no-end is the current GC IndyCar ads on TV... how many shots of indycars are there compared to shots of V8 supertaxis and sexy sweaty chicks? talk about a contry of bogan motorsport fools...

as for a motorsport banning OHV's ??? wtf! Rolling Eyes
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: V8Supercars Mon, 30 August 2004 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll watch it from time to time. But ever since the ruling was made that the race cars can only be either a holden falcon or a ford commodore it lost its appeal. The British SuperTourers are a better watch. FWD vs RWD vs AWD, 4 vs 5 vs 6, British vs French vs German vs Japan the list goes on.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: V8Supercars Mon, 30 August 2004 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah the touring cars are much better to watch cause it is a more rounded comp, but at the same time the V8s is a battle between the 2 rival manufacturers in OZ, i wouldnt watch it anymore if they did introduce other cars cause from the dawn of time its always holden vs ford and thats what i love bout the V8s.

they had the magnas for a year and no one went to it so they kicked them back out and that made me happy...

besides you got the other categories, although not a hyped as the V8s they are still there
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: V8Supercars Mon, 30 August 2004 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and then thre was that little bit wehre they let GTRs in..... that was kinda funny Smile
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: V8Supercars Mon, 30 August 2004 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BATHURST ON MUTHAFVCKAS!!

Yes, I know it's Boganville, but the carspeed across the top of the mountain is bettered only by the F4000's and F1's in Australia. I work for Holden, so naturally I'm kinda endeared towards Skaife, Kelly(s), Bright, McConville etc etc, but Ambrose and Lowndes ROCK because they've got da skeelzzzz... Very Happy

Gotta be on the outside of Sulman Park, to watch 'em over the crest out of Reid park. Nothing quite lifting an inside wheel, then getting wheelspin at 160-170km/h!!!!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I got's me three campsites pre-booked if anyone wants to come have a friendly yarn & some cold brewskii's around a warm campfire, or even pitch tent if I don't get too many mates along for the pilgrimige.
bman
Regular

November 2003
Re: V8Supercars Mon, 30 August 2004 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bring back group A!!!!!
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: V8Supercars Mon, 30 August 2004 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I chose 3 but what I really meant was if a lot more cars were allowed to enter like JGTC style. They aren't scared to let the top cars in like Vipers, Mclarens etc.

Don't know what to do now GTP may be dead! Sad
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8Supercars Mon, 30 August 2004 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive always had a private fantasy of a "off the showroom floor" race series.

factory cars with
safety mods
factory suspension
performance pads but factory discs
performance rubber but factory wheel size

all compete together in classes. If brakes are poor with a particular model the driver has to maintain them throughout the race. If there is a certain handling characteristic of a car the driver has to accomodate it.

this could show the viewer how well some cars perform out of the box, as well as give manufacturers incentives to improve certain models. It kind of brings things back to grass roots of sedan racing.

it prolly seems boring to ppl as all of the cars would not be able to match the roar and speed of the supertaxis, but i like the idea none-the-less.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: V8Supercars Tue, 31 August 2004 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd like to see more manufacturers involved in the V8 supercars or bring back the supertourers.

The V8 Brutes is fun to what. It appears the Utes are closer to factory than the V8 Supercar. Those guys are maniacks on the track.

Yeah Rob thinking about that I do like that type of class. It would bring the smaller less financial teams and the bigger teams closer together as driver skill comes into play more than a car package that shits on everything else. Thou unless the Manufacures came to the party teams would inevitably be racing the best cars "off the floor" would be good to see some Supras, Chasers and Soarers out there. Evil or Very Mad
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8Supercars Tue, 31 August 2004 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've said it before, although they are dinosaurs, and nothing like their road cars the racing is pretty tight and close and the regulations to keep the cars closer and competition more even does make for some exciting racing. It can be (and often is) argued that the cars are basically the same and it does nothing for progress of technology.... but generally no-one makes the same statements about Formula Ford which is even more regulated!

The bogan factor sucks though, I thought that the Clipsal 500 in Adel was a total dickhead festival - so many idiots with no idea about racing just go because they own a holden or ford, get pissed and act like clowns. The V8 lites at Mallala was a far better crowd.

No-one watched the Super Tourers because seeing the same cars win again and again got pretty damn boring. Group A was dying in Australia, and was dead globally when the V8 Supercars replaced them. I'd love to see a few different manufacturers in there, kicking Ford and Holden arse but the fact remains Ford vs Holden draws crowds, sponsorship and keeps the racing going. It'd be too hard for toyota or mistusbishi to get involved.

My fantasy is "Taxi Class" racing, with Ford, Holden and Toyota ex-taxi cars, all with 500,000 kms on the clock compete in full taxi trim, with signage, original brakes, taxi meter/computer, LPG tank, beaded car seat cover etc. Laughing
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: V8Supercars Tue, 31 August 2004 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I don't have a pref over Ford or Holden - but I do like to watch the V8s race.

Pity that Bathurst has only those 2 types of cars 'cos there's a bit of a boredom factor that sets in. I'd prefer to bring Bathurst back to the way it was with different classes and heaps of cars. Much more fun to watch - and more challenging to watch the faster cars go around the slower ones.

However, having been to a few of the V8 races I can say that intelligence of the supporters seems to be inversely proportional to the number of cylinders in the engines.

Bring back Willo and the Chickadee Celica!

seeyuzz
river
boxh34d
Regular

May 2004
Re: V8Supercars Tue, 31 August 2004 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watch it occasionally, but it by no means rocks my jocks.
not enough variety.
bring back the group A, C, and E from yesteryear i say.
get to see the odd bit of footage from the jap GT500 every now and then...
always interesting.
but seriously, why are toyota only ever seriously involved in one form of motorsport.
sif toyota australia should not make a RWD car with a UZ series engine that is produced in australia, so it is eligable to race in the V8 supercars...
would frighten the bogan boys with some multivalve power!!!!!!!!!!
my 2 cents
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: V8Supercars Tue, 31 August 2004 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did someone called for a taxi? Very Happy
When are those idiots from GM bringing the genVI V8?
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8Supercars Tue, 31 August 2004 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boxh34d wrote on Tue, 31 August 2004 12:45

sif toyota australia should not make a RWD car with a UZ series engine that is produced in australia, so it is eligable to race in the V8 supercars...

the 1UZ would not be eligable even if toyota made it in a RWD car in australia.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: V8Supercars Tue, 31 August 2004 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I go whenever I can but it's kinda good when you get free tickets. Nothing better than having all access passes and not paying a sent for them. Went to Bathurst two yrs ago catered lunch turns up delivered to us on the inside of the chase. You should have seen the looks we got.
So far for free I been to Bathurst twice Oran Park, Canberra could have gone to Indy Oran park again and eastern creek every round. This year haven't been cos of hsc but will go to Eastern creek last round
I love HRT and have followed Skaife since he drove for Nissan, don't care what you say about him he is still the fastest driver around.
Fords sux and toyota should get off there arse and build a RWD family sedan
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: V8Supercars Tue, 31 August 2004 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Commode V8SC engine hasn't been in a Holden road car since the 70's, and hasn't been produced globally since 1998 (I think) when the last of GM's products went GenIII. The Foulcan roadie hasn't run a live rear axle since AU died (thankfully) in 2002, commode since 1996 when VT landed. Yet all V8SC's run an ancient Ford 9-inch diff, coz it's indestructable and easy to police.

I know all of this. I don't care that the only parts common to the road cars are the body panels. Even the floor pan and firewall are butchered nearly beyond recognition. Few people who give a stuff about the category know or care what's under the skin. Even fewer want the parade being rained on by Toyota or Mitsubishi. I also doubt there's many Mitsu-yota buyers who really care whether or not they see their bodyshell racing in front of the Bogans once a month.

The sport is what it is. Holden + Ford won't let Toys or Mits in, because they've got WAY too much invested in the category to let it be damaged by either some half-assed effort, or giving away too many technical freedoms and getting in another parity war.

I'm happy to accept the racing for what it is, and regardless of what makes the cars tick, they're still mightily impressive at 170km/h over a blind crest when you're standing Five metres from the car.

-which reminds me - gotta stay sober one morning so I cn drive down the mountain and stand on the outside of the chase for a while..... . . mmmmmm.....300km/h kink........aahhhh....
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: V8Supercars Tue, 31 August 2004 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles wrote on Tue, 31 August 2004 13:07

Did someone called for a taxi? Very Happy
When are those idiots from GM bringing the genVI V8?

Hey - pushrods are coooool!! Cool

I know you're fishing, but I'm gunna take the bait anyway:

How many other petrol engines make 300kw & 545nm, yet can cruise at 8.4L/100km on the highway? eh? huh?

Sorry?

what was that?

I couldn't hear your response above the deafening silence.....

That out of the way: Gimme my 510hp BMW 5Litre V10 !!

NOW!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: V8Supercars Tue, 31 August 2004 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What engine are you refferring to making 545nm of torque. The Gen111 in premium form makes 300KW and 510NM of torque. GenIV is 6.0l and has 295kw and 543nm in standard ss form.
Also with reference to the toyota V8, toyota would need to produce any RWD V8 sedan. Neither ford or holden produces a 5.0l v8 yet thats what they race ford doesn't even make a pushrod anymore.
The Geniv is slated for release in 2005 when the all new VE commodore is released. It was supposed to come out in VZ but to many things at once with new V6 and all.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: V8Supercars Tue, 31 August 2004 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 31 August 2004 15:45

What engine are you refferring to making 545nm of torque. The Gen111 in premium form makes 300KW and 510NM of torque. GenIV is 6.0l and has 295kw and 543nm in standard ss form.
Also with reference to the toyota V8, toyota would need to produce any RWD V8 sedan. Neither ford or holden produces a 5.0l v8 yet thats what they race ford doesn't even make a pushrod anymore.
The Geniv is slated for release in 2005 when the all new VE commodore is released. It was supposed to come out in VZ but to many things at once with new V6 and all.

I don't know if I'd ever refer to a GenIII as a "premium" motor. I don't care HOW MUCH Callaway have tweaked the valves + ports!! Laughing

I B talkin GenIV - and in some forms/tunes it makes an even 300kw and 545nm.

What is standard SS form?

I don't think Toyota or Mitsubishi would be allowed to play in V8SC's even if they converted every model they sell in Australia over to RWD, with V8's in the big sedans. It's just not in ANYONE's best interests. Anyone with a big enough stake in the game to have a say, that is.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: V8Supercars Tue, 31 August 2004 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SS form refers to the commodore SS and monaro, meaning it will be available in a car that costs $50000. When released in HSV it will be a 6.2 litre V8 and have something like 350kw, not sure about torque.
Premium forms refers to the highest output GEN3, nothing else.

The fuel efficiency of the engine has more to do with gearing than anything else. In sixth gear at 110km/ph it pulls around 1500rpm.
PS the GENIV in gasic form only has I repeat only has 295kw not 300kw, and 543nm of torque not 545nm (just to be petty)
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: V8Supercars Tue, 31 August 2004 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the problem is that there are so many bogans here.. its hard to get them to like anything but v8's.. v8 supercars is a good series to watch but its also sorta gay in the way you either see skaife or ambrose win...(GO FORD WITH AMBROSE)

we need jgtc, a series where ferrari's arent competative lol

bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: V8Supercars Tue, 31 August 2004 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would really like to see the a V8s compete with rx7s and supra s Very Happy
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: V8Supercars Tue, 31 August 2004 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Mon, 30 August 2004 23:14

Siktoy ra23 wrote on Mon, 30 August 2004 23:13

FORD!!!!!!!!

Agreed

x2
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: V8Supercars Tue, 31 August 2004 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They used to and this thing called a NISSAN SKYLINE GTR came along with this fandangled technology called 4WD and all the ppl went running and crying as there V8 arses got kicked, good old group A days.
Note the series is now called V8 supercars I don;t think a rotary qualifies some how.
V8 supercar = 5.0l pushrod=620+hp and around 1350kg of wieght.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8Supercars Tue, 31 August 2004 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 31 August 2004 17:14

They used to and this thing called a NISSAN SKYLINE GTR came along with this fandangled technology called 4WD and all the ppl went running and crying as there V8 arses got kicked, good old group A days.
Note the series is now called V8 supercars I don;t think a rotary qualifies some how.

Even if they were allowed, 650hp rotaries would last about 50km (if they were well built) of the 1000km bathurst race. Then itd take you a year to rebuild them between races Laughing

[Updated on: Tue, 31 August 2004 07:33]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: V8Supercars Tue, 31 August 2004 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Tue, 31 August 2004 17:32

Even if they were allowed, 650hp rotaries would last about 50km (if they were well built) of the 1000km bathurst race. Then itd take you a year to rebuild them between races Laughing

im sure they can build them to last... lol
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: V8Supercars Tue, 31 August 2004 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no. 5 thanks Twisted Evil
bman
Regular

November 2003
Re: V8Supercars Tue, 31 August 2004 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Tue, 31 August 2004 17:43

im sure they can build them to last... lol

moffat seemed to build reliable PP rotary's back in the 1980's.

3rd 1981
6th 1982
2nd 1983
3rd 1984

not bad results for a highly strung 'buzz bomb' Smile
Buddha
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: V8Supercars Tue, 31 August 2004 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, two things have become quite clear to me after starting this poll.

One, it would seem that while we all appreciate Toyotas in their many guises, we're also passionate about cars plural, regardless of their make or origin.

And two, unlike 99.9% of forums on the internet, a person can have their opinion, another can agree, even more can disagree and debate, yet everyone can do this without without being derogatory.

Hence the immense popularity of Toymods.

Cheers one and all! Very Happy
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: V8Supercars Wed, 01 September 2004 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Buddha wrote on Tue, 31 August 2004 21:03

Well, two things have become quite clear to me after starting this poll.

One, it would seem that while we all appreciate Toyotas in their many guises, we're also passionate about cars plural, regardless of their make or origin.

And two, unlike 99.9% of forums on the internet, a person can have their opinion, another can agree, even more can disagree and debate, yet everyone can do this without without being derogatory.

Hence the immense popularity of Toymods.

Cheers one and all! Very Happy

this is .... uhh... the only other thread you have ever read right...
plenty of derogitory comments in other threads to be shared Smile
Buddha
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: V8Supercars Wed, 01 September 2004 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I've read quite a few threads (although I'm still new) but I haven't seen any of the derogatory stuff I've seen elsewhere.

Basically I'm referring to people who can't hack it when they're wrong and prefer to come back with some sort of insult about the sexual habits of the other person's mother/sister/dog etc.

I have seen some derogatory comments (usually tongue-in-cheek as far as I can see) aimed at a particular group that might be under scrutiny at times, but generally Toymods members treat other Toymods members pretty well.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: V8Supercars Wed, 01 September 2004 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Buddha wrote on Wed, 01 September 2004 21:21

Quote:

I've read quite a few threads (although I'm still new) but I haven't seen any of the derogatory stuff I've seen elsewhere.

Basically I'm referring to people who can't hack it when they're wrong and prefer to come back with some sort of insult about the sexual habits of the other person's mother/sister/dog etc.

I have seen some derogatory comments (usually tongue-in-cheek as far as I can see) aimed at a particular group that might be under scrutiny at times, but generally Toymods members treat other Toymods members pretty well.

go look at some of the threads between me and supra man
man just cant accept when he is a dick.... i mean wrong...
Crying or Very Sad
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: V8Supercars Wed, 01 September 2004 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

your clearly have rotary envy

and you look like this

http://www.firepolicemx.com/Jess_053.jpg
Buddha
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: V8Supercars Thu, 02 September 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=Jag7799 wrote on Wed, 01 September 2004 22:22
go look at some of the threads between me and supra man
man just cant accept when he is a dick.... i mean wrong...
Crying or Very Sad [/quote]

I used to be a regular on NineMSN car chat, dunno if it still exists ... anyway, there was a guy there named Johno who thought he was some type of style guru. He drove an old XF Falcon, so he obviously knew his stuff! Very Happy But he was totally trivial and couldn't possibly imagine why someone would have a different opinion to him!

For example, people might be chatting about the latest Porsche, and he'd come on with some crap about the lights being too round or that Ferrari's are better because their gearknob is chrome plated rather than leather. Just crap for the sake of starting an argument. I think the internet term is "flaming".
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8Supercars Thu, 02 September 2004 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lang wrote on Wed, 01 September 2004 22:41

and you look like this

obviously i have rotary envy, who the hell is that? And what relevance does it have?

Even if they can build them to last..they're still no match for ford v8s or even toyotas Wink
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8Supercars Thu, 02 September 2004 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Fri, 03 September 2004 00:05

lang wrote on Wed, 01 September 2004 22:41

and you look like this

obviously i have rotary envy, who the hell is that? And what relevance does it have?

Even if they can build them to last..they're still no match for ford v8s or even toyotas Wink

Memories: mmmmm allan moffat boss 302...mmmmm kickass!

edit: doh! quoted myself! Razz

[Updated on: Thu, 02 September 2004 14:06]

Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: V8Supercars Thu, 02 September 2004 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They stoped the series 6 RX7's fro racing the bathurst 24hour caus they couldn't be beeten and that is a little more that 1000k's for rotary haters Twisted Evil
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8Supercars Thu, 02 September 2004 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Siktoy ra23 wrote on Fri, 03 September 2004 00:18

They stoped the series 6 RX7's fro racing the bathurst 24hour caus they couldn't be beeten and that is a little more that 1000k's for rotary haters Twisted Evil

They are still crap Razz

GO FORD AND TOYOTA!

[Updated on: Thu, 02 September 2004 14:25]

bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: V8Supercars Fri, 03 September 2004 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rx7 vs Porche?
No dout the Rx7 won, but the public wanted to watch the Nazi rear mount engine gomobil instead Sad
Porche should cheapen their cars Twisted Evil
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: V8Supercars Fri, 03 September 2004 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Fri, 03 September 2004 00:24

Siktoy ra23 wrote on Fri, 03 September 2004 00:18

They are still crap Razz

GO FORD AND TOYOTA!

they also banned the GTR, i dont remember seeing any toyotas or fords being banned for being too good.......
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: V8Supercars Fri, 03 September 2004 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I still can't get over that rotaries inject oil into the combustion chamber. I dunno why but that seems a bit wrong to me.

I still love RX7s, FCs and FDs.

And as for taking forever to rebuild, I was under the impression that while costly, rebuilds where easy and quick as there aren't so many moving parts.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: V8Supercars Sat, 04 September 2004 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Sat, 04 September 2004 04:49

I still can't get over that rotaries inject oil into the combustion chamber. I dunno why but that seems a bit wrong to me.

I still love RX7s, FCs and FDs.

And as for taking forever to rebuild, I was under the impression that while costly, rebuilds where easy and quick as there aren't so many moving parts.

this forum is based of oppinion, not facts Smile
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: V8Supercars Sat, 04 September 2004 04:53 Go to previous message
bubbles wrote on Fri, 03 September 2004 15:51

Rx7 vs Porche?
No dout the Rx7 won, but the public wanted to watch the Nazi rear mount engine gomobil instead Sad
Porche should cheapen their cars Twisted Evil

And you should shut your mouth!! Razz

Being the most profitable car company on the planet, I think Porsche may have the price of their cars more or less sorted. If they were overcharging, then people would be buying other sports cars.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:potential PIMPMOBILE on ebay
Next Topic:Advice on buying a Soarer?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:56:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0088870525360107 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.