Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » A Hello and a few q's....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
dez_ke
Occasional Poster

August 2004
A Hello and a few q's.... Wed, 01 September 2004 03:20 Go to next message
Hey guys,

My name's Michael and I'm new here...(no shit Rolling Eyes Wink )

Anyways, I've recently become somewhat of a fan of the Toyota Corolla, especially the ke series. I'm looking for a first car, and whilst I have a fair amount of cash so far to spend, over $6K, I'm quite keen on one of these schmick cars. They look great, seem to be quite reliable, are cheap and in some cases seem to have a decent amount of grunt Smile

I know the basic models and shapes, but it's quite hard to find a decent website where each model is compared side by side - looks, specs, etc. Apart from trawling thru these forums, are there any good sites out there dedicated to the corolla, or more specifically, the ke model?

I'm on my L's but am nearing 19...yeah, yeah shoot me ... Embarassed So I'm looking to buy now, with no manual to practice on - parents have autos Mad , I need something soon, so I can just freaking learn!

The ke30 looks awesome, so that's what I'm thinking of getting, my mate who also has a ke30 & got his from a granny in top notch condition for like $800... Is this realistic, or did he just get lucky? I was picking up my bros from school the other day and saw a sweet ke30, only 70,000ks mint condition parked outside the church adjacent to my school. These gems are everywhere, I just need a granny who is willing to sell lol Very Happy Is it hard to find one that's road worthy? Still runs, rust free?

Also, did all the ke30s have the same engine, people on here seem to be talking bout a "4c"...what was the kw/power of this, and capacity?

So basically what I'm asking is for buying advice, the different models' info, and just saying howdy...

Cheers,

M
  Send a private message to this user    
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: A Hello and a few q's.... Wed, 01 September 2004 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcome to the forums

have u checked this website out?

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/4883/crwd.html
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: A Hello and a few q's.... Wed, 01 September 2004 08:10 Go to previous message
Here is good too:

http://www.superjamie.net/oldcorollas/

[Updated on: Wed, 01 September 2004 08:11]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Wanting 18r-g parts
Next Topic:IS200 vs Liberty GT vs Accord Euro
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 14:29:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056660175323486 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar