Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Injector sizes in some Toyota motors

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Injector sizes in some Toyota motors Wed, 01 September 2004 00:42 Go to next message
Hello all,

I am just after some clarification on the standard injector sizes and interchangeability between engines for the injectors.

For example is this correct?

3SGE\3SGTE - 370cc injectors
7MGTE - 440cc injectors (not sure if the 7MGE are the same size)
4AGE 20V - 290cc injectors
4AGZE - 370cc injectors

Now can you get say 7MGE injectors and put them in a 3SGE and or vice versa (why would you, I know)?
  Send a private message to this user    
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Injector sizes in some Toyota motors Wed, 01 September 2004 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 3S-GTE stuff is wrong as far as I know.
Gen2 3S-GTE 440cc
Gen3 3S-GTE 550cc
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Injector sizes in some Toyota motors Wed, 01 September 2004 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7mge injectors are 295cc/min or 315cc/min depending on which pressure you test them at - different spec sheet use different test pressures so it can get a little confusing.
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Injector sizes in some Toyota motors Wed, 01 September 2004 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What about 7MGTE injectors?

-J-
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Injector sizes in some Toyota motors Wed, 01 September 2004 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I use these on my 4AGTE, depending on who you ask they either say 430cc or 440cc. Pretty sure when I bought mine each box said 430cc on them (but I can't really remember).
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Injector sizes in some Toyota motors Wed, 01 September 2004 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joorsh wrote on Wed, 01 September 2004 12:52

-J-

440cc/min
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Injector sizes in some Toyota motors Wed, 01 September 2004 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 wrote on Wed, 01 September 2004 10:50

7mge injectors are 295cc/min or 315cc/min depending on which pressure you test them at - different spec sheet use different test pressures so it can get a little confusing.

Ed, I thought the lo impedance ones were 295, and the hi impedance ones were 315?
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Injector sizes in some Toyota motors Wed, 01 September 2004 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshstix wrote on Wed, 01 September 2004 12:32

Gen2 3S-GTE 440cc
Gen3 3S-GTE 550cc

So are the 3SGE ones 370cc then?

Cheers
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: Injector sizes in some Toyota motors Wed, 01 September 2004 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A guy who bought 7mgte injectors from me said he had them flow tested at about 260-280?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Injector sizes in some Toyota motors Wed, 01 September 2004 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7mgte83 wrote on Wed, 01 September 2004 15:08

A guy who bought 7mgte injectors from me said he had them flow tested at about 260-280?

Then they were blocked
7mge ones flow more than that.

Unless he was testing it at the wrong pressure, or with the wrong voltage.
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Injector sizes in some Toyota motors Wed, 01 September 2004 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can find most Toyota injectors, sizing and engine application at this site:

http:www.toysport.com/webpages/Techinfo/References /injectors.htm

regards Chuck.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Injector sizes in some Toyota motors Wed, 01 September 2004 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 01 September 2004 17:10

7mgte83 wrote on Wed, 01 September 2004 15:08

Then they were blocked
7mge ones flow more than that.

Unless he was testing it at the wrong pressure, or with the wrong voltage.

nah... flow testing injectors is like comparing diferent cars on a chasis dyno - the figures you get shouldnt be used to compare the injectors to what they are spec'd in some catalogue, nor to compare to other injectors flow tested on another machine at another workshop. flow testing is for tuning and balancing that set of injectors, on that machine, on that day only.

its totally futile to say the 7mgte injectors are 440cc/min, but *really* only flow 280cc/min. just wrong.

more correctly, using whatever standardised technique established by the manufacturer (eg bosch, ND etc), they are 440cc/min units, and flow twice as much as standardised 220cc/min units.

take either injector to joe schmo injector man, and he'll always get different flow numbers, cause he'll use a different test method. but the 440's will still flow twice as much as the 220's.

as long as the injector is 'big enough' it really doesnt matter any more...

oh, and the 7mge injectors, yes one is low and the other high imp, however, look at the test pressure in the cat for each of these inj types: the 315cc inj is rated at 41psi (i think) versus 38psi (i think) for the 295cc units. basically they flow exactly the same, but they do have different imp values.

FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Injector sizes in some Toyota motors Wed, 01 September 2004 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshstix wrote on Wed, 01 September 2004 12:32

Gen2 3S-GTE 440cc
Gen3 3S-GTE 550cc

what impedence (high or low) are both the injectors? and are they both side feed?
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Injector sizes in some Toyota motors Wed, 01 September 2004 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Chuck, nice info on that site.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Injector sizes in some Toyota motors Thu, 02 September 2004 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have no idea about the 3SGE injectors, however I'd be surprised if they didn't change between generations of the engine as there is a huge change in the amount of power they have to support.

As to the 3S-GTE ones I don't know the impedence, however I do know that the 550's are a direct replacement for the 440's and are the same as the US 2JZ-GTE injectors.
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Injector sizes in some Toyota motors Thu, 02 September 2004 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also with 3s-gte it differed if it came from a group a gt4 or a normal gt4 didnt it?? or a mr2 .. the group a's got a slightly bigger injector and the higher factory boost cut of 18psi
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Injector sizes in some Toyota motors Thu, 02 September 2004 11:32 Go to previous message
Dial up "toysport.com" on the net. Most Toyota injectors, resistance, flow and their engine applications can be found at this site.

regards Chuck.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Brake limitations....
Next Topic:GZE Probs
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 16:10:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052080154418945 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.