Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » Cruise this sun 19th. Going for good MA61 turnout!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Cruise this sun 19th. Going for good MA61 turnout! Sat, 28 August 2004 10:23 Go to next message
{EDIT} Cruise is going ahead for sun 19th of this month.

I'm just looking for expressions of interest at this point. If we can get enough people interested I think it'd be awesome to have a cruise with a good MA61 turnout. I know I would personally love to check out everyone elses MA61's! Open to all cars of course, but aiming for lots of MA61's. I doubt many of you MA61 interstaters will make it, but it'd be nice! Smile

I'm thinking in the next week or two, and probably a pac highway run up to Terrigal for a BBQ... but I'm open to suggestions!

Now let me see those hands. I've seen the MA61 numbers - there's at least 17 of you out there.

-J-

[Updated on: Wed, 15 September 2004 10:41]

Send a private message to this user    
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) Sat, 28 August 2004 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll be there if the car is legal Rolling Eyes
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) Sat, 28 August 2004 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be there!
haha i tried this once, at least you got a reply! Rolling Eyes
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) Sat, 28 August 2004 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
month or 2
chances of car being legal before then......
hrm
we shall see Smile
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) Sun, 29 August 2004 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well hell, even if only 4 MA61's turn up including mine, I'll be interested to see what people have!

-J-
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) Sun, 29 August 2004 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have it in victoria and im there Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) Sun, 29 August 2004 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Come to NSW!!
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) Sun, 29 August 2004 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Sun, 29 August 2004 14:03

have it in victoria and im there Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Laughing
ryley i think you are a tad outnumbered
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) Sun, 29 August 2004 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mad

drat!

wheres terrigal? i feel like a BBQ at the moment too.... Laughing

look who knows, if im super bored and feeling like i can afford petrol up, i may just do it Evil or Very Mad
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) Sun, 29 August 2004 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Terrigal is about 2 hours (?) north of Sydney on the coast. Very nice place.

-J-

[Updated on: Sun, 29 August 2004 14:46]

joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) Tue, 31 August 2004 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well it looks like the grand total is 4 MA61's. You guys interested in a "mini cruise" then? Smile

-J-
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) Wed, 01 September 2004 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bring all your sexy cars to victoria... or at least the border Evil or Very Mad
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) Wed, 01 September 2004 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's only 1 reason I go to the Victorian border, and that's the Kamakazi run at Bluecow\Perisher Smile
1983supra
Regular

I supported Toymods

July 2002
Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) Wed, 01 September 2004 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Count me in, it's a good excuse to get my wheels rebalanced, damn vibration at 110.
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) Wed, 01 September 2004 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So you get that too huh?

Do you find it goes away at about 140 though?

EDIT: After testing under controlled circumstances... by a professional... on a racetrack. Of course.

[Updated on: Wed, 01 September 2004 11:26]

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) Wed, 01 September 2004 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you are getting a vibration at exactly 110 i put money on a loose tailshaft bolt.

Don't ask how i know Rolling Eyes
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) Thu, 02 September 2004 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha - that sounds like experience talking Smile

might have to check my tailshaft....

Speaking of which, the MA61 has a 2-piece tailshaft doesn't it? If so, has anyone on these forums that you know of done a 1-piece conversion?

-J-
1983supra
Regular

I supported Toymods

July 2002
Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) Thu, 02 September 2004 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it was the tailshaft would it wouldn't it be a general vibration, not specifically through the steering as I only get the vibration off the steering wheel. Smile Hope that makes sense.

[Updated on: Thu, 02 September 2004 00:40]

joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) Thu, 02 September 2004 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I get what you mean Smile Dunno about the whole vidration thingy though - have to ask someone who knows a lot more than I do (gee, that's tough).

Good to have you onboard btw - looks like 5 MA61's now. That's actually getting respectable!

P.S. Any others are welcome too!

-J-
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) Thu, 02 September 2004 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
josh - there's a reason why noone has gone for a single piece tailshaft.... have a look at where it run under the car, and you'll understand Smile

plus it's not a regular occurance to break them... even norbie the gbox breaker has yet to ruin a tailshaft
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) - Other cars welcome too! Thu, 02 September 2004 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You don't do 1-piece conversions for the strength Smile Well it's partly for that. But more commonly it's for power. By getting rid of all the joins and bearing and crap in the middle you can save yourself a fair bit of weight, and getting rid of drivetrain inertia is GOOTEN.

Plus it also helps to pickup a bit of the slop you get from a 2-piece tailshaft - better power delivery and less power loss over the drivetrain.

-J-

[Updated on: Thu, 02 September 2004 12:34]

ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) - Other cars welcome too! Thu, 02 September 2004 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dare you to try and change the clucth though Smile

either the engine or diff has got to come out Laughing

as for cruise... meh, i dont like cruises. too high profile, i get paranoid about being pulled over. (not that id be tempted to drive like a moron in any way)...

...my car is a defect trap at present, and shows no signs of getting any more 'legitimate'.
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) - Other cars welcome too! Thu, 02 September 2004 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aren't you still running that NA monster ed? Is it really that big a defect? And why is it so hard to engineer?

-J-
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) - Other cars welcome too! Fri, 03 September 2004 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe, it's the car built around the engine thats more the defect Laughing
Thunderbird2
Regular

June 2004

Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) - Other cars welcome too! Fri, 03 September 2004 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Let's make it the last weekend of September!

Saturday or Sunday???

joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) - Other cars welcome too! Fri, 03 September 2004 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saturday is better for both myself and greg.

-J-
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) - Other cars welcome too! Sat, 04 September 2004 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah at 110 the vibration is in the shaft, not the steering wheel

its a 'distinct' noise to say the least
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) - Other cars welcome too! Sat, 04 September 2004 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Might need to take you for a run then and get an official diagnosis Smile
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) - Other cars welcome too! Mon, 06 September 2004 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Fri, 03 September 2004 16:07

hey! back up buddy, im the only one allowed to sledge my car Laughing

(but it really is a piece of shit isnt it)

you should see it now with no back seats, no carpet, half the plastic still missing, and the sparco. hmmmm
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) - Other cars welcome too! Mon, 06 September 2004 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehe Ed - sounds like it's full wakefield-spec Smile

and you're right - that is a defect waiting to happen. Any chance you could show up and at least give us a gander before the cruise?

-J-
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) - Other cars welcome too! Mon, 06 September 2004 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 wrote on Mon, 06 September 2004 08:58

justcallmefrank wrote on Fri, 03 September 2004 16:07

hey! back up buddy, im the only one allowed to sledge my car Laughing
(but it really is a piece of shit isnt it)
you should see it now with no back seats, no carpet, half the plastic still missing, and the sparco. hmmmm

Dude, you know I love your car Very Happy Even with its quirks Razz
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) - Other cars welcome too! Mon, 06 September 2004 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Sat, 04 September 2004 08:11

Yeah at 110 the vibration is in the shaft, not the steering wheel
its a 'distinct' noise to say the least

..usually followed by a dull thunk coming from under the car at 60kph through the mountains Laughing
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) - Other cars welcome too! Mon, 06 September 2004 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha that was actually a different occasion

its alot more violent at 110 with a lose bolt

sounds like a spitfire is buzzing you
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) - Other cars welcome too! Mon, 06 September 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) Mon, 06 September 2004 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1983supra wrote on Wed, 01 September 2004 20:58

Count me in, it's a good excuse to get my wheels rebalanced, damn vibration at 110.

check for play in the wheels(ie fubar bearings)
i'm pretty sure thats what makes my steering wheel vibrate at over 90 Sad

another strange thing i've seen is my mums car, vibrated bad from 100-140ish and stopped, fixed by getting one wheel balanced properly
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) - Other cars welcome too! Tue, 07 September 2004 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i might come
in my new ma61....

ok who am i kidding it a ke30

but i can dream Rolling Eyes
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) - Other cars welcome too! Tue, 07 September 2004 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You know you want to Wink
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) - Other cars welcome too! Tue, 07 September 2004 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill come in my panda ma61 with my black bonnet and foolysikwah lentil delivery shop stickers

Laughing
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) - Other cars welcome too! Tue, 07 September 2004 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive often considered painting my supra 'full-panda' and getting the tofu sticker thing happening. even get me a sprinter badge for the hatch and everything...
Thunderbird2
Regular

June 2004

Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) - Other cars welcome too! Tue, 07 September 2004 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EMP-2TG wrote on Tue, 07 September 2004 22:02

i might come
in my new ma61....
ok who am i kidding it a ke30

Just checked out your site, that is one awesome build up you've done. Would love to see your KE30 come along!
Although, having another Josh present...

Shall we lock down a date here people? Say, Saturday?

And a meeting point? Say, the Mobil at Berowra? 10am?

matt

[Updated on: Tue, 07 September 2004 20:19]

joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) - Other cars welcome too! Wed, 08 September 2004 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Come one come all!

How many have you managed to rally thus far thunderbird?

and are we talking this saturday or next or when?

-J-
Thunderbird2
Regular

June 2004

Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) - Other cars welcome too! Wed, 08 September 2004 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolling Eyes

NEXT weekend, Saturday 18th or Sunday 19th i dunno, depends upon what people want. I prefer Sunday, but happy to go with status quo (this is an MA61 cruise afterall)

At this stage, hard to say how many cars from my neck of the woods, probably 5 or 6?

[Updated on: Wed, 08 September 2004 11:45]

joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) - Other cars welcome too! Wed, 08 September 2004 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sunday isn't ideal - I would prefer sat. Plus draven might have his car on the road (HAHAHAHAH!! SIF!), and if so he can't make it sunday.

Shall we tentatively book it in for sat the 18th this month? Any other comments?

-J-
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Cruise this sat 18th. Going for good MA61 turnout! Thu, 09 September 2004 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that may be a 'dreaming' from my perspective, based upon the current time frames i require to turn around some stuff
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Cruise this sat 18th. Going for good MA61 turnout! Thu, 09 September 2004 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i second that.
cant you make it like that time next month or something?
Thunderbird2
Regular

June 2004

Re: MA61 Cruise (NSW) - Other cars welcome too! Thu, 09 September 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
:rolleyes:

well, i'm all for Saturday the 18th.

Can't be tentative about these things.

And i'm all booked up for cruises next month already! I shall leave it to you MA61's to decide! Josh - this is your thread, lock a date in man!
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Cruise this sat 18th. Going for good MA61 turnout! Fri, 10 September 2004 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh don't start getting all huffy with me thunderbird. You know that upsets me, baby.

It looks as if we may push it back by a month or two. Throw it into mid October'ish?

How does this suit people?

-J-
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Cruise this sat 18th. Going for good MA61 turnout! Sun, 12 September 2004 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you guys are up for a drive this weekend, you could always make it on the Sunday and come along on this month's Toymods cruise?

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=43944&start=0&rid=9&S=0de1a21ee371b7 ba2cc9f8663694ed5d

This time we're going somewhere different for a change! Very Happy
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Cruise this sat 18th. Going for good MA61 turnout! Tue, 14 September 2004 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There we go, that'd probably make things a lot easier.

But we have a fair few non-toyota's - is that a problem?

If it's ok, that'd be great! You up for that thunderbird?

-J-
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Cruise this sat 18th. Going for good MA61 turnout! Tue, 14 September 2004 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joorsh wrote on Tue, 14 September 2004 13:06

But we have a fair few non-toyota's - is that a problem?

Club cruises are generally open to all who want to come along, be it Toyota or inferior (whoops, i meant to say otherwise Laughing ). We do however promote responsible driving at any official club event, and would ask that anybody attending would be prepared to follow suit. Smile
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Cruise this sat 18th. Going for good MA61 turnout! Tue, 14 September 2004 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
josh - we're going to newy on saturday, so you cant go then!
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Cruise this sat 18th. Going for good MA61 turnout! Wed, 15 September 2004 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yurp - which is good cause it's on sunday Smile
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Cruise this sun 19th. Going for good MA61 turnout! Wed, 15 September 2004 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so u guys just going with the toymods crew?
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Cruise this sun 19th. Going for good MA61 turnout! Thu, 16 September 2004 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well they have to now, or else re-schedule!

We all know the rules about posting events clashing with official events Razz

P.S. i won't be there, its my sister's 21st this saturday night. No chance of me being alive on sunday.
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Cruise this sun 19th. Going for good MA61 turnout! Thu, 16 September 2004 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup, the plan is just to hook up with the toymods cruise guys.

And I better not be the only bloody MA61 there, Or I'm coming to kick ed, blacksupra & str8 2.8's butts!
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Cruise this sun 19th. Going for good MA61 turnout! Thu, 16 September 2004 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i *may* be there

car is now engineered.

This leaves me saturday for rego.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Cruise this sun 19th. Going for good MA61 turnout! Thu, 16 September 2004 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive seriously got to study Sad

anyway...

*i hate my car*

joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Cruise this sun 19th. Going for good MA61 turnout! Thu, 16 September 2004 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't you dare pike on me! Either of you!
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Cruise this sun 19th. Going for good MA61 turnout! Fri, 17 September 2004 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If this was going on about 2 weeks later, and I had an engine in my car, and it was running, and I could be bothered driving to NSW for a damn cruise, then i'd come!!
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Cruise this sun 19th. Going for good MA61 turnout! Fri, 17 September 2004 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
i have green slip and engineers certificate.

I have pink slip and blue slip for engine change at 8am tomorrow.

Then off to the blood sucking RTA.

Then hopefully we shall see my bitch back on the roads.
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:C.C.C Bathurst weekend
Next Topic:Mt Gambier Street Machine Show
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 14:02:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0087587833404541 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.