Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » SV21 Camry electronics help, re: accessories fuse box..

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Toml
Regular

March 2004
SV21 Camry electronics help, re: accessories fuse box.. Wed, 01 September 2004 09:15 Go to next message
Howdy, does anyone know how to add another wire to the accessories fuse box? I need to run a wire from the accessories box back to the boot for some stereo stuff, but i'm not sure how to connect into the little fuse box under the dash.

Thanks for any help,

Tom.
  Send a private message to this user    
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: SV21 Camry electronics help, re: accessories fuse box.. Wed, 01 September 2004 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I need to run a wire from the accessories box back to the boot for some stereo stuff

If you're tapping the fuse box, I hope 'some stereo stuff' does not equal 'amplifier'.
Iceman
Regular

January 2003
Re: SV21 Camry electronics help, re: accessories fuse box.. Wed, 01 September 2004 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
U do realise that for a "REMOTE POSITIVE" you should use the accessory line that your head unit uses. From memory it's black with green and yellow stripes. Just use a multi meter and turn the keys to "ACC" and back to "OFF" and you'll find it easy.

As far as a "POWER" line goes you should use AT LEAST 6guage if not 4guage straight from the battery's +ve, and put a fuse as close to the battery as possible.
If u don't do this you will continually blow fuses in your accessory box and you may screw your amp.

Any further questions just PM me. I've installed 4 or 5 stereos in the SV21's in the past.

Cheers, Peter.
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: SV21 Camry electronics help, re: accessories fuse box.. Wed, 01 September 2004 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe he's running power to remote switch multiple amplifiers through a relay switched by the deck signal.

Remote is blue, by the way.

?
Toml
Regular

March 2004
Re: SV21 Camry electronics help, re: accessories fuse box.. Wed, 01 September 2004 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I realise this. I know what I'm doing with the stereo.
I have 4 gauge running back to my amplifiers and they're adequately fused at the battery and also in the boot where it is distributed to the two amps.

I'm not running a remote line, I'm running a smaller power line to run processors/crossovers/fans/etc...

I need to know how to remove the accessory fuse box and tap another line onto it... (and before anyone says anything, yes it will be properly fused also)

Thanks
Toml
Regular

March 2004
Re: SV21 Camry electronics help, re: accessories fuse box.. Wed, 01 September 2004 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SeptemberSquallIndustries wrote on Wed, 01 September 2004 23:26

Maybe he's running power to remote switch multiple amplifiers through a relay switched by the deck signal.

?

And yes... I will be doing this with this wire in the future also.

PS, remote wires from a head unit can be a multitude of colours. Mine is blue with a white stripe.
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: SV21 Camry electronics help, re: accessories fuse box.. Wed, 01 September 2004 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okies. Sorry to have insulted; many car audio questions asked here range from uninformed to ignorant down to absolutely dangerous.

Got to deal to the lowest common denominator until known otherwise, or it'll somehow be our fault when the amplifier won't run and the 16AWG has turned to a melted puddle of insulation and burnt copper under the carpet. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: SV21 Camry electronics help, re: accessories fuse box.. Wed, 01 September 2004 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, that's right. While there's no enforced standard, most remote wires on aftermarket equipment are blue. Yours is blue. It happens to be striped white. I suspect it has a white stripe to differentiate it from a plain blue wire (ie. 1x antenna, 1x remote switch).
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: SV21 Camry electronics help, re: accessories fuse box.. Wed, 01 September 2004 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toml wrote on Thu, 02 September 2004 00:04

?

PS, remote wires from a head unit can be a multitude of colours. Mine is blue with a white stripe.

Was actually sticking up for your potential knowledge/intelligence/aptitude when you asked about the power feed and 'Iceman' jumped on and started preaching.
Toml
Regular

March 2004
Re: SV21 Camry electronics help, re: accessories fuse box.. Thu, 02 September 2004 07:23 Go to previous message
SeptemberSquallIndustries wrote on Wed, 01 September 2004 23:43

Toml wrote on Thu, 02 September 2004 00:04

?

Was actually sticking up for your potential knowledge/intelligence/aptitude when you asked about the power feed and 'Iceman' jumped on and started preaching.

Yes, thank you.. sorry if I sounded harsh, it was late last night. I meant no offense. Smile

Thanks for your help SeptemberSquallIndustries... now only if I could work out how to add this power cable into the fuse box... Razz

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:How to wire up an antenna on a '90 GT4
Next Topic:1ggte Billet cams
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 05:03:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060410499572754 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.