Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » What does this relay/box do??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
icon3.gif  What does this relay/box do?? Wed, 01 September 2004 05:52 Go to next message
Hey i have in my engine bay and i want to know what it is im uessing it is a relay but what for, the car is a ta22 celica and it is on the drivers side closest to the headlights it has 6 pins and it factory, thanks.

Jason
  Send a private message to this user    
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: What does this relay/box do?? Wed, 01 September 2004 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does it have

thick white wire

yellow wire

black/ yellow wire

white / red wire

black wire

if it has the above coloured wires i think theyre correct colours then its the voltage regulator for the alternator
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: What does this relay/box do?? Wed, 01 September 2004 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the reg's in the 22's are usually on the passenger side!!
justin
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: What does this relay/box do?? Wed, 01 September 2004 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No it has 6 different green coulerd wires with stripes on it it runs to the blink/highbeem swith in on your steering coolum.
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What does this relay/box do?? Wed, 01 September 2004 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ta2272 wrote on Wed, 01 September 2004 21:20

No it has 6 different green coulerd wires with stripes on it it runs to the blink/highbeem swith in on your steering coolum.

Havnt you just answred your own question
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: What does this relay/box do?? Wed, 01 September 2004 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know were the wires go but what does the box do,
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: What does this relay/box do?? Thu, 02 September 2004 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've checked through my wiring diagrams and all I can find in regards to green wires going to the lights is for your indicators; headlights and high beams all have red wiring (factory). Unfortunately my diagrams are for '73 onwards, although owning a '72 myself I do not have any such relay/switch/box and my wiring matches the diagrams too. Can you give any more specifics as to where each individual wire goes and what colour stripes they have??

Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: What does this relay/box do?? Thu, 02 September 2004 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
/me slaps forehead.
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What does this relay/box do?? Thu, 02 September 2004 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
/me slaps Bugman around a bit with a large trout
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: What does this relay/box do?? Thu, 02 September 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The green wires do not go to the headlights they just go to a little box which looks like a realy near the drivers side headlights.

I will have to check the coulers of the strips but the 6 of them are all green they all go to the one place which is into the cabin into the wiring loom which goes to the blinker/headlight switch.

My blinkers arnt working atm so im trying to find out if this little box could be the problem the flasheer unit still works and i have tried another one still worked, aswell the hazrads also work.

thanks

BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: What does this relay/box do?? Thu, 02 September 2004 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you have an ignition supply at the flasher can?

Brad
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What does this relay/box do?? Fri, 03 September 2004 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi mate, I have 2 Ta22's sitting in the driveway, both fully functional. The Plug with the green wires simply has a corresponding type connector with 2 wires looped back into the plug. What it does? no idea, sorry. But I am sure it has ZIP to do with your indicators. I have just fixed, an indicator problem, with same symptoms as you have. It turned out to be a bad earth from the flasher can.

regards Chuck.
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: What does this relay/box do?? Fri, 03 September 2004 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But chuck my hazrads work anytime al the time my blinkers havnt made a flash in the last 2 weeks, did you have the same symptons.

Jason
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: What does this relay/box do?? Sun, 05 September 2004 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i Have also found when i turn hazards on this rela/box whatever click also in the engine bay with the hazards.

Jason
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What does this relay/box do?? Mon, 06 September 2004 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn these forums being down all weekend! Yup hazards Worked! therefore can is working. It is not unusual for the contacts at the indicator switch to fry while the alternator is under heavy load, and slightly frail. Example sitting at stop lights, foot on brake, lights on, heater on, wipers and indicators on, I fried the contacts in the indicator switch. (the weakest part of the system failed) All I can say is check your circuits as per the wiring diagram. Even a fairly basic diagram from a Haynes manual should get you out of trouble.

regards Chuck.
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: What does this relay/box do?? Mon, 06 September 2004 13:08 Go to previous message
Ok thanks for this i have also spoken to someone elses about the problem they said that because my hazrads are working there is a problem in the switch , i was tol make anothere earth from the switch and see if they work, problem is there is 6 pins in the blinker plug what are all thses.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1JZ radiator hoses
Next Topic:2t constantly stalls. why?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 03:53:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057899951934814 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.