Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4agze fuel cut??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rolla kid
Regular

August 2003

4agze fuel cut?? Wed, 01 September 2004 06:25 Go to next message
hey guys just took my rolla for its first run on the road and was wondering y it dies in the arse at about 5000rpm is this when the fuel cut kicks in and if so can it be taken off or wat is goin on. thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4agze fuel cut?? Wed, 01 September 2004 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats when the supercharger starts to run out of puff, I sometimes notice a rather dramatic flat spot hit at about 5500, sometimes it isn't so dramatic, there's no fuel cut, thats just how they are.. GZE's aren't meant to be revved that high in supercharged form, turbo form is a different matter though Very Happy

-Andrew
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: 4agze fuel cut?? Wed, 01 September 2004 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for starters thats absolute BS about the supercharger, i comes on full boost at 4400-4500 and holds it to the fuel cut (rev limiter) 7700rpm, mine in my AE86 has no flat spot whatsoever the torque curv drops a little, but the power curv increases right in the middle of the torque spread, i'll attach my dyno sheet as soon as i can, you might want to check your fuel pump, lines, etc, timing, maybe even have a peak at the cams and see if there right, something isn't right it your is doing this, mine has plenty of top end poke topped out at 215kph infront of a worked 200sx, and it still wanted to go furthur! i wish i had a 6th gear!

Mat
mojo_type
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: 4agze fuel cut?? Thu, 02 September 2004 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im with drift86levin on this one
my gze hits full boost at 4 grand and revs hard all way to rev limiter.
shouldnt be a flat spot dude somethings not right.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 4agze fuel cut?? Thu, 02 September 2004 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for sure

there is no way the 4agze will have the fuel cut defender activated so early in the rev range - i mean come on, 5,000 RPM cut off?? that is when the car is just about to get torquey. Check the ECU or fuel lines/fuel rail, mapping and definately have it tuned/timing.

yes, definately need a 6th gear, topping out at 180km/h and seeing the revs climb higher with plenty left on the gas is the true meaning of potential

drift86levin - what have you done to your ZE for it to tweak that hard? dyno sheets would be great

and also i'm still waiting on those pics of your guards! Very Happy
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: 4agze fuel cut?? Thu, 02 September 2004 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine has the following

4AGZE Map sensor version
3SGE throttle body
bypassed ABV (runs about .75 bar)
TRD copy HP coated 4-1 headers
2.25" mandrel system
custom 420x240x65 intercooler with stainless mandrel 2" pipes (no lag over standard)
it dynoed at 104 (139hp) at the wheels, NOT in shootout mode.
and the 3SGE throttle body has made i pretty good difference.. so i'm geussing an extra 5kw?

runs 13.9s all day

[Updated on: Thu, 02 September 2004 04:49]

ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 4agze fuel cut?? Thu, 02 September 2004 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you have any pics of the throttle body? I was thinking about this at one point, for possibly a turbo application. Yours not turbo right?

100+ kw on a GZE is damn healthy
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: 4agze fuel cut?? Thu, 02 September 2004 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh, still got the s/c on it, stock pulleys too! in fourth on the dyno it made a cracking 330nm between 4500-5500rpm!! i'll take some pics of all the stuff so we can all have a nice look Very Happy i'll post them tomorow, i don't finish work till 9pm...
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 4agze fuel cut?? Thu, 02 September 2004 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fark...thats some smooth power. In fourth my car feels like a dog, but yet to have it dynoed so we'll see.

stock pulleys too Shocked wow, you runnin the standard ECU?
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: 4agze fuel cut?? Thu, 02 September 2004 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep, stock ecu, i am experimenting with changing my intake cam with a big port one, extra 8 deg duration, but more inmportantly 7.5mm of lift (7.1mm in small ports) makes them rev a bit harder, more torque and power (not much, but noticable)
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4agze fuel cut?? Thu, 02 September 2004 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Since this topic came up, I figured I'd see what it was like to venture past 4500, as I haven't done so in quite some time, she went beautifully, all the way to redline, I guess I must've had a dodgy S/C belt or something cause thats the only thing that I have changed in a while (besides oil and coolant of course). I got about 77kw atw last time I dyno'd it, I have the dyno sheet somewhere around here, but the power curve was smooth as Smile

Mine's bog stock except for 2.25 mandrel exhaust and a set of extractors I had on my old 4age..

-Andrew
rolla kid
Regular

August 2003

Re: 4agze fuel cut?? Thu, 02 September 2004 10:52 Go to previous message
Sorry guys havent had time to get back on the computer to see the replys, i put a 7mgte fuel pump in out of a supra and i have the fuel lines from a twin cam corolla i also have all new blets on everything, could gettin the computer remapped help coz if there is no fuel cut that low i could only think that it would be the ECU, also i have no exhuast at the moment i only have back to the cat so could this also be affecting it i know it would be effecting the computer readings so i would have to say it would be the computer. so to fix this would i just have to go get it dynoed or wat????
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:GZE Probs
Next Topic:MR2 Tail light Conversion
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:51:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054278373718262 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.