Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney. Start Eastern Ck, Friday 27th August

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney. Start Eastern Ck, Friday 27th August Fri, 30 July 2004 13:14 Go to next message
The next round of the Australian Rally Championship is in NSW.

It starts at Eastern Ck with 4 special stages (I imagine 2 dirt, 2 tarmac like was planned last year) on Friday night 27th August.

Also part of this night is the Toyota Rally Festival.

I'm still trying to gather details on exactly what this is, but in the meantime I'm wondering whether we should plan to bombard the place the with as many Toyotas as we can.

I'm already signed up to be an official for this event (like the SA event starting tomorrow, hence i'm typing this in Adelaide)

More info can be found here:
http://www.rally.com.au/events/ViewEventNews.aspx? Item=820

[Updated on: Wed, 18 August 2004 02:45]

Send a private message to this user    
Fiery isles
Occasional Poster

November 2003

Re: Toyota Rally Festival Fri, 30 July 2004 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds interesting :)
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Toyota Rally Festival Sat, 31 July 2004 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool i will try and get off work!

[Updated on: Sat, 31 July 2004 08:57]

Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Toyota Rally Festival Sun, 01 August 2004 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet - I missed this one last year (I think due to weather) so will try and make it along Very Happy
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Rally Festival Sun, 01 August 2004 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might be entering this year, i will know by wednesday if i can get the budget and resources to run.. Im sure Johnny will be entering in his Corolla.

Ben.
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Rally Festival Sun, 01 August 2004 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm Anyone got dirt tyres for a cressida Laughing
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney Sun, 01 August 2004 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86trueno
let me know if you need a hand or anything i can help with or loan u
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney Mon, 02 August 2004 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DOH!!!! i think im sposed to go skiing that day Sad

Can someone take LOTS of movies????
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney Mon, 02 August 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Mon, 02 August 2004 17:03

DOH!!!! i think im sposed to go skiing that day Sad

Can someone take LOTS of movies????

If you ask nicely Razz (turns out my folks bought a digital video camera while I was on holidays, so there's a possibility of me taking it along I suppose Wink )
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney Fri, 06 August 2004 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve - On the topic of the event, are you going to be up at Wyong the following day?

I may be sitting in on a road closure on the Saturday.
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney Fri, 06 August 2004 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm actually going to be Assistant Stage Commander on the stage I'm doing.
Don't ask me the name of the stage though, I can't remember (Bevan's??).

This means I'm in control of the stop/flying finish 9and I'll a 2 way plugged in rally HQ so I get to hear all the goss before anyone else Very Happy

If anyone else is interested in officiating, I'm not sure if they've got enough people yet, but they are always looking for more.

Advantages:
1. you get in for free
2. you are often in place where spectators cant drive to. Road blocks are often on corners so you get to see the Scandinavian flicks, tailslides, brake discs glowing, etc
3. sometimes you get a free hat/cap/hat/shirt
4. you get to meet some really crazy bastards

Disadvantages:
1. you have to use your own fuel
2. can be upto 1.5 hours away from civilisation
3. can be very early starts or very late finishes (although they don' tend to do whole stages in the dark anymore)

Lucid, have you got any maps of that area? They've changed pretty much all the stages from last year & I'd like to know where I am.

I have a set of 15" rally tyres sitting at home (I've just got to steal some rims off Neal Bates Rally car coz they are the only 15s that'll fit over my brakes Laughing

[Updated on: Fri, 06 August 2004 02:41]

Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney Fri, 06 August 2004 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wagonist wrote on Fri, 06 August 2004 12:39

Lucid, have you got any maps of that area? They've changed pretty much all the stages from last year & I'd like to know where I am.

Nope, sorry mate. I just go where I'm taken and snap photos all day long. Laughing
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney Fri, 06 August 2004 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That sounds aweaome Steve.

Let us know any details you can. I think this would be a great night out for the Toymods crowd.

When things are a little clearer we'll organise a meeting place and cruise out there as a club and have a great night supporting Toyota Team Racing. Even if they are driving Corolla's, they've still got 3S-GTE's in them.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney Fri, 06 August 2004 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wouldnt be allowed to compete would i? Rolling Eyes
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney Tue, 10 August 2004 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not unless your car is homologated to group N rules, which means pretty standard, you've got a large amount of money for the entry fee, plus you are going to compete in the Aust Rally Championship.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney Thu, 12 August 2004 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This sounds like a great idea. Count me in Smile
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney Wed, 18 August 2004 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still trying to find out more info about the Toyota festival.

some more details about the Eastern Ck stages on Fri night.

There will be 4 stages run.

Stage 1 & 4: tarmac
Stage 2: gravel (called Chicane so expect some tight & twisties)
Stage 3: gravel (called Dipper so expect some air)

With 4 stages being run after each other, there could be upto 10 cars running simultaneously throughout the Eastern Ck complex.

The tarmac one is good to watch to see the difference between how the V8's & rally cars take a corner.
Last year they started on the skid pan & then did 75% of the track in the reverse direction.
This has been changed for this year so I don't where it will be... yet.
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney. Start Eastern Ck, Friday 27th August Fri, 20 August 2004 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will be going. If anyone is going call me and we'll catch up

Stitt

Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney. Start Eastern Ck, Friday 27th August Sat, 21 August 2004 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Im sure Johnny will be entering in his Corolla

Good guess Ben as you are right...
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney. Start Eastern Ck, Friday 27th August Sun, 22 August 2004 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you know what number you are?

Post it up when you do so we can make sure you've got a cheer squad.

Also I'm Assist Stage Commander on a couple of stages, see if we can doctor your time Wink Wink Laughing Laughing

I've got a rally meeting tomorrow night, so I'll try to get more info about the Toyota Festival & post it up.

BTW, anyone in Gosford area got a spare bed I could crash in on Sat night? I doubt fancy a long drive for my 5:30am Sunday morning meet & don't particularly want to sleep in the back of the ute.
4a-c
Regular

April 2003
Re: Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney. Start Eastern Ck, Friday 27th August Mon, 23 August 2004 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What time does this all kick off on friday night? Definately interested in having a look at eastern creek. thanks
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney. Start Eastern Ck, Friday 27th August Mon, 23 August 2004 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wagonist wrote on Fri, 30 July 2004 23:14

More info can be found here:
http://www.rally.com.au/events/ViewEventNews.aspx? Item=820

Damn shame that I've got to work until 5 o'clock. Looks like there's going to be some interesting stuff going on all day! Surprised

I'll definitely be making it down, although will no doubt be a bit late.
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
icon14.gif  Re: Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney. Start Eastern Ck, Friday 27th August Wed, 25 August 2004 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have some more info.
Tomorrow I'll have a pic of the 4 stages plnned for Friday night.

Should be some great action.
All 3 TTR Toyotas are entered & apparently have been showing some good results during testing.

Stay tuned... Laughing
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney. Start Eastern Ck, Friday 27th August Wed, 25 August 2004 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've started a new thread with maps & details of the Friday night event
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=43730&start=0&rid=418&S=2dc1ee1da9b8 5161cff554c82e981aee
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney. Start Eastern Ck, Friday 27th August Wed, 01 September 2004 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have some pix of the event (very limited though because I was busy most of the time)

Friday night, Eastern Ck, start of Special Stage 4 (skid pan, track)

http://www.toymods.org.au/images/wagonist/bates.jpg

http://www.toymods.org.au/images/wagonist/evans.jpg

Leanne Ferrier's car for the GTP:
http://www.toymods.org.au/images/wagonist/corolla.jpg

ST205 owners will love this one:
http://www.toymods.org.au/images/wagonist/celica.jpg

Results: (same placings for both Saturday & Sunday heats)
1st Atkinson/Atkinson (Subaru)
2nd Kangas/Rabbett (Mitsubishi)
3rd Evans/Evans (Toyota)

All 3 Corollas finishing in the top 6.

Overall Standings in the Championship are:
Crocker 132 points
Atkinson 126 Points
Kangas 124 points
Evans 111 points
Bates/Herridge 90 points
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney. Start Eastern Ck, Friday 27th August Wed, 01 September 2004 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

All 3 Corollas finishing in the top 6.

And us poor AE102 drivers Won Class N3 and P3 Laughing Laughing
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney. Start Eastern Ck, Friday 27th August Wed, 01 September 2004 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What car were you in?
I noticed 2 Corolla down in the field, one with a Toymods sticker on the rear bumper.
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney. Start Eastern Ck, Friday 27th August Wed, 01 September 2004 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The one with the toymods sticker was us... and yes I did have a shocker at the creek!! Mad but we made up for it up the coast... heres a couple of my favorite pic's from the weekend
http://web.omni.altweb.net/dkeeler/public_html/mfoto/photos/dk/56_psr_dk04_10625.jpg
http://web.omni.altweb.net/dkeeler/public_html/mfoto/photos/dk/56_psr_dk04_10441.jpg
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney. Start Eastern Ck, Friday 27th August Wed, 01 September 2004 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice shots.

I was the starter on SS1 & 4.
Was also at the Stop point on SS6 & SS9 (that's where I 1st noticed the Toymods sticker) apparently another guy with us knew you or your co driver there.
Then was start timer on SS12 & SS15.

Did you happen to have a chance to see Ordynski's car?
And what brakes are you running? They certainly don't look stock AE102.

Congrats on the result.
I'm going to have to resist the temptation of slipping into Channel 10 mode & only concentrating on the 1st 10 cars. No No No
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney. Start Eastern Ck, Friday 27th August Wed, 01 September 2004 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(double post) Embarassed

[Updated on: Wed, 01 September 2004 11:46]

Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney. Start Eastern Ck, Friday 27th August Wed, 01 September 2004 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Was also at the Stop point on SS6 & SS9 (that's where I 1st noticed the Toymods sticker) apparently another guy with us knew you or your co driver there.

That would of been Phil Whitaker, he's our mag editor of the other club I'm in... Was that when I stopped and had a big chat?
Quote:

And what brakes are you running? They certainly don't look stock AE102.

Front: Landcruiser Disc with custom hats and 300ZX TT 4 spot Cailpers EBC Greenstuff pads
Rear: AE102 Front Disc machined off and then fitted with the custom hats, 300ZX 2 spot calipers.
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney. Start Eastern Ck, Friday 27th August Wed, 01 September 2004 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it wasnt you John getting hassled by those pesky coppers in heat 1 was it, i noticed the

56 John Kypreos Nicholas Forester
P3 Toyota Corolla
TC07A Out of late time

in the retirements section..

Ben.

Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney. Start Eastern Ck, Friday 27th August Wed, 01 September 2004 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Love the second of those two photos Johnny!! A nice little bit of air under the tyres there Smile

I also got video footage at the Eastern Creek skidpan stage on Friday night which I'll post up online once I work out how to compress it a bit.
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney. Start Eastern Ck, Friday 27th August Wed, 01 September 2004 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, that's where you stopped.
If I'd known it was you, I would've had a chat too.
I only noticed the Toymods sticker when you drove off from there.

How do the calipers fit? Any custom brackets involved?
Or is the whole suspension "custom" Wink
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney. Start Eastern Ck, Friday 27th August Wed, 01 September 2004 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope, we developed cracks in the Front strut tops again, So we decided swap over to some DMS I bought, that had standand tops on them. This was a percaution Before I got enother large bill for shock repairs... Well every went in OK, well it took 25min and we had 20min service, but when we dropped it on the deck Shocked the front sat 4" higher than the REAR! Laughing So out it came again, reset the heights, then came to putting it back in... well my side went ok, the other side, the BLOODY CV pop out!! Mad Mad that took another 30min to fix and get the strut back in, then we had to driver through the service park, and of course, we were stuck at the furthers point from T/C, that took another 5min through the random Sheep that were looking at the top teams, and of course, they wouldn't move even with the service crew screaming at them... that was some funny stuff.... Then we finally made it to t/c...... Crying or Very Sad 2min, JUST 2MIN too late!! But to top it off, I questioned H/Q and a few officals as to how much time was in the last service, all replied 'read your road book', which stated 20min.... We later found out that in the sup regs and in a bullitin give at the final service T/C, it was 2Hrs!! I could of waitted til then, by nursing the car through another 3 stages and had 2Hrs and 40min to worry about it at the end, Not Half way through... That's when I gave it to H/Q and a few others...
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney. Start Eastern Ck, Friday 27th August Wed, 01 September 2004 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't blame you for giving it to them.
Did you manage to get any time back?

I'm thinking about having a work to the organising people.
I still know what I was properly doing until 2 days before the event, & then it got changed on both days (didn't help I arrived late to both days meet points Embarassed )

I've been to 3 other rallies this year (Canberra, Qld, SA) & I knew exactly what I'd be doing for those even before I'd left Sydney (which was 2 weeks before the event in Adelaide).
They were much better organised & planned.
I could understand this for a club or State round, but this is the ARC. Mad
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney. Start Eastern Ck, Friday 27th August Thu, 02 September 2004 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

How do the calipers fit? Any custom brackets involved?

Cut and weld job on the front, the rear was is a simple plate and some offset spacers
Quote:

I don't blame you for giving it to them.

Should of been in the scuiteering shed... a Traineer was telling me, a grade 3 (me) , the rules!? (homologation of my cage) I stuck it up him and the line chief...both waving their officals lic. So I did the same! Then the Head scruit came over and offer me a go next year, because he was sick of the non-machincally minded, 'have No idea of rules and regs' people he had to work with... that's why they were over 2hrs behind, they had to keep checking the Manual.... We had Sullen and Trinder in laughing fits by the end, as I would just quote the rule they were trying to hammering me for in whole... the problem there was they keep saying only the first sentence, not the whole clause as I was yelling at them....
Quote:

Did you manage to get any time back?

No, The CRO was about to wave us through, as long we got her a beer, But the tight arse T/C controller killed that... "i'll get in trouble".. he needed to squeeze a few of those zit on his head.
Quote:

I could understand this for a club or State round, but this is the ARC.

Every Club and state round I have ever done, made this event organisation look like amatures... and considering it's the same team that does Bega and Batemans(Top Class), It's was appauling....
Quote:

I also got video footage at the Eastern Creek skidpan stage on Friday night which I'll post up online once I work out how to compress it a bit.

Pls do... I wanna see How much I stuffed it... My Co-driver and I had a chat with Neal Bates over our (illegal- We didn't know!) tyre selection on the skid Pan....
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney. Start Eastern Ck, Friday 27th August Thu, 02 September 2004 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why, what tyres were you running?

I didn't have any time to check.
That 1 minute gap on the tarmac stage was a killer.
We weren't allowed to have 2 cars on the skidpan at once, which meant that at 1 point, the Fiat at the back of the field after 2 spins, only got of it at 57s.
I was about to jump in front of the next car to stop him.
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney. Start Eastern Ck, Friday 27th August Thu, 02 September 2004 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Why, what tyres were you running?

In the supp regs, there was a stupid one liner stating that 'similar' tyres were to be used on ss1&4 (skid pan) as what were to be used on ss2&3 (Gravel) ie Gravel tyres had to be use or Tarmac had to be used. We used Azenis real sport 16" for the pan and Silverstone SS525(Rally tyre) 15" on the dirt, By no means are they similar, besides being round and black as my co-driver pointed out, Someone did put a protest in, to the tune of $500, but nothing was acted upon Laughing Laughing obviously too much money... but really why weren't we allowed? I think that that was a rule of stupidity becuase my second question would of been why have a tyre change? I couldn't figure that out at all... someone needed a bullet when they wrote that.
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toyota Rally Festival: Sydney. Start Eastern Ck, Friday 27th August Thu, 02 September 2004 05:30 Go to previous message
I think tarmac tyres have been banned from the ARC.

When was the tyre change?
I think that may have also been to reduce the chance of getting dirt on the track.
The Eastern Ck people are a bit picky about that.
I wonder how they cleaned up the tyre marks from the V8 Commodores on the concrete. Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:EOI: Putty Re-run - POSTPONED DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST
Next Topic:November BBQ at Mittagong
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 13:28:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069301128387451 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.