Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » T25 to 3T-GTE dramas NEED HELP !!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
richard gray
Newcomer

August 2004
T25 to 3T-GTE dramas NEED HELP !!! Tue, 31 August 2004 22:11 Go to next message
hi there

My name is Richard, im building a 74 celica with a 3t gte

i have sourced a hi-flowed t25 from a 180sx and am trying to match it to my existin manifold. I have made up an adaptor plate, relocated some studs etc but am now confused as to where the oil and water lines from the turbo go back to the motor.

the motor has been in parts for that long that i cant remember which banjo is which and what water source i should be tapping.

if anyone has a diagram or picture that might help illustrate the standard oil cooled turbo set up, it might point me in the right direction.

any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: T25 to 3T-GTE dramas NEED HELP !!! Tue, 31 August 2004 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If no one can help you out today I'll have a look at mine tonight and tell you.

Off the top of my head I just can't remember which banjo it is.

But I can tell you one line to the oil cooler goes to the block under the oil filter.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: T25 to 3T-GTE dramas NEED HELP !!! Wed, 01 September 2004 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr Gray, long time not type!!! (you got your computer from me many years ago).

When converting an originally oil cooled 3TGTE to a water cooled item, you'll need to install two water passages for the turbo - they are not there, simply blanked off unfortunately. The factory installation had one passage tapped into the thermostate housing under the thermostat, near the thermo time sensor, while the other was housed in an alloy elbow fitted to the bottom radiator hose. I have seen this elbow discarded for a return port into a heater pipe also, as the elbows are impossible to get unless you had one originally on your motor.

Needless to say all the water and oil lines will be a custom install, and you'll spend around $300ish on them. I used silicon hose with fabricated barbs for the water lines, and braided line and silicon hose for the oil lines.

Clint
richard gray
Newcomer

August 2004
Re: T25 to 3T-GTE dramas NEED HELP !!! Thu, 02 September 2004 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok ok, sorry it is originally a water cooled turbo motor. i got my facts wrong.

Thanks for the tips guys.

So in short, if i simply plumb the return water line from the turbo back into the water jacket (whether at the bottom rad hose or in the heater assembly) i should be sweet ?

which side of the turbo should i plumb the water inlet ?

does it matter ?

again, any pics would be awesome

thanks guys, i appreciate the help.

Rich
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: T25 to 3T-GTE dramas NEED HELP !!! Thu, 02 September 2004 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Direction of plumbing won't make any difference. PM "The Nav" next week, my motor with T28 install will be in his possesion then, and he can supply pics if you ask nicely?!
richard gray
Newcomer

August 2004
Re: T25 to 3T-GTE dramas NEED HELP !!! Fri, 03 September 2004 06:37 Go to previous message
Thanks mate, your a champion
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Big port head ZE block
Next Topic:BLACK TOP INFO
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 01:14:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057458877563477 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.