Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » MR2 AW11 headlights pop up and down!!! HELP!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
acidfighter
Occasional Poster

October 2003
MR2 AW11 headlights pop up and down!!! HELP!!! Thu, 02 September 2004 04:28 Go to next message
When I turn my headlights on or off that pop up independant of one another numerous times before settling in their up or down position..??

I have had this repaired twice over 2 years and each time they told me it was an earth problem however I can't find where this 'earth' problem is...?

Has anyone else had this problem before ???? or does anyone know how to fix it.....?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  Send a private message to this user    
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: MR2 AW11 headlights pop up and down!!! HELP!!! Thu, 02 September 2004 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm sorry I cant help you at all, but this post brought a grin to my face(as an MR2 owner) I can imagine myself as either a padestrian thinking...."interesting..." or as the driver....."what the fu$k".

As to help with the problem, and this is only guessing. Check the relay & good solid contact with the chasis for earth.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: MR2 AW11 headlights pop up and down!!! HELP!!! Thu, 02 September 2004 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
err... check all the wiring relating to the headlight retractor relays.

are the lights turning off when they auto retract (then problem is in circuit feeding/controlling power to the whole lights/retractors thing?

if the lights are staying on - the focus on the wiring that goes to the retractor relays

earth problem? check any wire that's attached to the body... problem will be where one no longer connects properly to the car.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: MR2 AW11 headlights pop up and down!!! HELP!!! Fri, 03 September 2004 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I say hit them and really hard best way to fix any electronic problems
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: MR2 AW11 headlights pop up and down!!! HELP!!! Fri, 03 September 2004 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahahahahahaha

this used to happen with my old NA aw11. Its the funniest shit. I never found out what the problem was it just stopped after about 3 weeks. Never came back.

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: MR2 AW11 headlights pop up and down!!! HELP!!! Fri, 03 September 2004 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah funny thing this happened in my ST162 once, just after finished the convo, I was driving along, then the lights started going wacky up and down, I though what the fuck, so I pull the motor connections, and drove around with them wound up the next day I clened the connections, plugged them back in and never had a problem since.

alchemist your certainly right
Quote:

or as the driver....."what the fu$k".
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MR2 AW11 headlights pop up and down!!! HELP!!! Fri, 03 September 2004 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My celica xx's headlights stayed popped up for a while... no matter what, they wouldnt go down! One day, I hopped in the car, drove around with the lights on and then turned them off... the headlights went down, I sat there with a shocked look on my face Smile
323_rotor_guy
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: MR2 AW11 headlights pop up and down!!! HELP!!! Thu, 04 August 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm reviving an old post i know but i just bought an mr2 and the lights up and down about 8 times when you turn the lights off, the actual lights them selfs arn't on but it is the biggest pain in the arse, hopefully will fix it this weekend
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: MR2 AW11 headlights pop up and down!!! HELP!!! Thu, 04 August 2005 09:56 Go to previous message
is it an aw11 you own if so you should have a look at the aw11 anonomous thread
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:falling to bits
Next Topic:hiace with a gen 3 commodore engine can it be done
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 13:41:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055019855499268 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.