Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » RA28 - TA23 wiring, different ?!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
RA28 - TA23 wiring, different ?! Wed, 01 September 2004 05:24 Go to next message
is the engine bay loom and other looms different in the RA28 and TA23?
I took my 1g out of the TA23, with the engine bay loom as the 1g loom had been grafted to it, plugged it into the RA28, where the wiring comes out near the strut towers...
turn the key and I can get ignition etc, the charge lights light up, but then the next turn to "start" does nothing...
or could it be the ignition barrel etc ? I dunno....
not that I can actually run the engine properly yet but I just wanted to try crank it to see if the wiring was all good... it was all working good in the TA23.

Brendon
  Send a private message to this user    
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: RA28 - TA23 wiring, different ?! Wed, 01 September 2004 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nothing at all? can you hear the somenoid click on the starter? Check the voltages at the starter motor to see if the solenoid is getting the power to throw.

Tim.
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: RA28 - TA23 wiring, different ?! Wed, 01 September 2004 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow, moving everything into an RA28 snyper, cool.
Got any photos of it on the net?
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA28 - TA23 wiring, different ?! Thu, 02 September 2004 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nothing at all, was thinking maybe the start wire on a TA23 is different on the RA28 loom...
battery is in boot so thre power cable goes straight to the starter....
there is a start relay in the engine bay aswell, that my mech did when he wired it up in the 23...
haven't spoken to him about it yet but yeah...

Brendon
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: RA28 - TA23 wiring, different ?! Thu, 02 September 2004 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you swap the engine? If you swapped the engine you should be able to chase this one up Wink

shit, just turn the ignition on and cross the starter Wink

Does the start relay click when you turn the ignition? is the relay hooked up to the starter? you don't even have to worry about the 1G look, as much as I can remember the starter wire that that terminates on the plugs near the ecu plugs just runs straight to the starter. unplug the (small) wire that runs to the starter and plug in the wire that used to tell the 18R to crank.

Tim.
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA28 - TA23 wiring, different ?! Thu, 02 September 2004 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
had the 1g put into a TA23, and 1g wiring loom grafted to the ta23 loom...

I have now put the 1g engine and ta23 enhgine bay loom that the 1g loom was grafted to into a RA28, plugged into where they join near the strut towers...
was running fine in the ta23 but yeah, now in the 28 it wont start... spoke to my mech and he said it sounds like the solenoid wiring somewhere, cos I told him the relay has power, but the solenoid doesn't when you click it or anything, just thought if it were easy enough to fix myself I would do so.

Brendon
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RA28 - TA23 wiring, different ?! Thu, 02 September 2004 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi there Brendon, check your TA23 'Internal Loom" against the RA28 Loom, you will find the guy who did the initial install, would have probably had to sort a few wires from the ignition switch. Either copy the wiring into the 28 loom, or transfer the 23 loom to the 28.

regards Chuck.
rxtoy
Regular

December 2003
Re: RA28 - TA23 wiring, different ?! Fri, 03 September 2004 12:21 Go to previous message
i've swapped a custom engine loom (ford v6) in an RA28 into a TA23 with no problems, didn't last long though, back to toyota power Very Happy

should be exactly the same, i'd say more than likely the starter wire was run separate of the loom from the ignition, i did this in my TA23 to shorten/hide the wiring.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2tg question..... possibly stupid
Next Topic:1975 mazda 1000 ute
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 02:05:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0038180351257324 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.