Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Dodgy mechanics Fri, 03 September 2004 19:01
Well, I had just purchased a 1990 Chaser 1ggte/5spd halfcut for my Hilux, I am happy, driving along at 60kph, dog in the back of the ute. Just about to get onto the motorway and do 100kph when all of a sudden it feels like I am driving over a cattle Grid, there was that much vibration that my dog could hardly stay on her feet. I hit the brakes and start puling over, at about 30kph I hear something like CLANG BANG CLANG CLANG BANG BANG, then I stop. Fearing the worst i get out and have a look under the ute, oh look theres the end of my tailshaft resting on the ground and oh wow look at those huge dents in my fuel tank. Upon further inspection I find a mangled snapped bolt (non-high tensile) hanging out of the flange where the tailshaft bolts to the diff. well i scrounge around in the cab of my ute and manage to find 3 bolts and nuts that kinda fitted, it was enough to limp the ute 3km down the road to my mates work were he was able to supply the appropriate bolts, cheers Shane Smile.

I got the ute from my stepdad so i give him a call and ask when was the last time somoene would have unbolted that flange, seems it was 12 years ago when they replaced the diff.

So you see dodgy ass mechanical work may get you going for a while (maybe even 12 years), but damn imagine if it was 2 minutes later while I am on the motorway doing 100-110 kph in peak hour traffic.

/rant off.

Dust.
  Send a private message to this user    
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Red SX corolla turbo Who was it?
Next Topic:guys...im so f****** car crash story!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 09:35:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064070224761963 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.