Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
squeaky wheels - TA22 Sun, 05 September 2004 22:54 Go to next message
When ever I go round a very slow corner (driving into my drive way) the front wheels give off a med-high pitched moaning noise. Have I bolted something up too tight???

Cheers
Az
  Send a private message to this user    
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: squeaky wheels - TA22 Mon, 06 September 2004 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes.
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: squeaky wheels - TA22 Mon, 06 September 2004 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing

Care to elaborate....
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: squeaky wheels - TA22 Mon, 06 September 2004 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My reply is about as detailed and useful as your description. I can see you've tried to describe the problem (when it happens, what it sounds like) but it's really hard to gie you advice over a web forum for this?

What did you do to make the problem appear?

[Updated on: Mon, 06 September 2004 03:31]

Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: squeaky wheels - TA22 Mon, 06 September 2004 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've put new brake pads in, new 16in wheels, but that's about it, factory rotors and calipers. Unfortunately I have no idea whether the problem was present before I bought the car as it wasn't running, only just got it on the road and noticed it when I took it for a drive. Not too sure what other information i can give you Confused Obviously not a common fault. Guess I might have to hang my head in shame and drag my car off to a steering shop
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: squeaky wheels - TA22 Tue, 07 September 2004 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My girl friends TA22 does the same thing and its been doing it for at least 6 months.
I haven't been worried about it Smile
schmitt
Regular

February 2004
Re: squeaky wheels - TA22 Tue, 07 September 2004 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it is something that nearly all ta22 do. dont be too worried cause if we are talking about the same thing it is harmless. is it when you have the whell at full lock or close to it and you go over a bump. if so dont worry. there is nothing wrong with your car. whether or not you can make it go away i am not sure.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: squeaky wheels - TA22 Tue, 07 September 2004 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The full lock noise you are describing is when the full lock limit adjusters are pressed against the stopping point on the lower control arm. As the suspension moves it makes the limit adjuster rub against the stopper point on the control arm and you get that groaning/squeaking noise at full lock (Only at full lock, noises at any other point, I have no idea without seeing????).

When the cars were new the bolt head (limit adjuster) had a plastic/nylon cap on it and would not have made this noise. 20 or more years down the track it has probably been removed or fallen off on the road. So now you get metal on metal at full lock and a nice squeak or groan as the suspension moves Very Happy .

My old Ke38 corolla did this too, a bit of a clean on the full lock limit adjuster points and a very light smear of grease stopped the noise for a long time Very Happy better would be some new caps for the limit adjuster bolts, but I have never seen new ones.

Worth a try and very easy to do as a first option!
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: squeaky wheels - TA22 Tue, 07 September 2004 12:06 Go to previous message
im in the same boat. bought a wreck fixed minor rust and new brakes and have a similar squeak sound at low low speed when turning.

ive traced mine back to the pitman arm bush. either needs replacing or it needs a light greasing.

not that big a deal tho so ive never checked it out properly.

Hope this helps.

Nathan
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:aftermarket ecu's
Next Topic:hilux oil pump into 18r engine???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 02:57:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051641464233398 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.