mk2garage
Regular

June 2004
my mk2 supra Sun, 29 August 2004 08:24 Go to next message
Just thought i'd post up a few pics of it,

Specs are
17x8 front 17x9 rear Simmons FR
Tyres are Falken Ziex.

Has Kings low springs in the front and super lows in the back. With pedders shocks, but i want some better quality shocks, maybe tokicos. Car was not lowered in pic.

7MGTE is being installed at the moment, as i blew up the 5ME circuit racing it

Computer is a Haltech E6X

Will put more pics up when its finally going, been off road for 3 months.

http://www.gotboost.biz/picture_library/Nate/1.jpg
http://www.gotboost.biz/picture_library/Nate/2.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: my mk2 supra Sun, 29 August 2004 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks awesome Smile

she's a real stunner
bstjunkie
Regular

July 2004
Re: my mk2 supra Sun, 29 August 2004 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks very clean and straight!!! Smile

Out of curiosity, how much do they weigh???
mk2garage
Regular

June 2004
Re: my mk2 supra Sun, 29 August 2004 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont know, usually ppl say 1290kg. Mine is stripped to all buggery tho, so i'd guess its in the 1100 odd kg mark now tho.
bstjunkie
Regular

July 2004
Re: my mk2 supra Sun, 29 August 2004 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1290kg!!!!!!! thats awesome, and yours is 1100kg thats gona fly!!! alot lighter than the mk3s
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: my mk2 supra Sun, 29 August 2004 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very very very nice

i like all these supras popping up at the moment, good stuff Very Happy
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: my mk2 supra Sun, 29 August 2004 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well blacksupra, I believe I may have to concede at this point. You were right - a good black mk2 does look rather nice. Smile

mk2garage: Can I have your rims? I'll even pay for shipping! Very Happy
Keep us posted on the progress and get some more pics for us!

And yeah, the mk2's weight around 1300kg. They're pretty easy to get weight out of too - everything behind the drivers seat for example. (-:

-J-
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: my mk2 supra Mon, 30 August 2004 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lord, I do love black-centred Simmons wheels on a Mk2 Cool
And you'll love the E6X - so much fun to play with Rolling Eyes

Please keep us posted and add pics when you can - that's a mighty fine looking car.

Justin
JZA61

PS: Outa curiosity, what have you removed to lighten it?

[Updated on: Mon, 30 August 2004 06:00]

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: my mk2 supra Mon, 30 August 2004 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Black MA61 = teh HOT!

looks awesome........gotta love a sweet ma61 with simmons Smile

Keep us updated.

mk2garage
Regular

June 2004
Re: my mk2 supra Mon, 30 August 2004 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what have i removed, everything behind the rear seats, inner guards, Bits in the engine bay that look heavy. Sound deadener.

it used to have a 5ME , took that to tarmak dragway and it ran a 16.2, i cant remember the KMH.

You are all going to choke when i tell how much the simmons cost me. $1500 and no thats not a typo. were on a car for a few kms, and then gargaged for 3 months, then sold to me.
The rubber was pretty much brand new too Very Happy

Engine is in it now, wiring is getting done, intercooler and other bits have to be put on it, Itll be fun.

Thanks for all the kind comments, is taken me awhile to get it the way i want, will put more pics up soon.

Cheers
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: my mk2 supra Mon, 30 August 2004 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive got some OM's, its only draven and joorsh that will be jealous Razz
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: my mk2 supra Mon, 30 August 2004 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I would rob mk2garage for his rims, but he's all the way in bloody tasmania... so I'll just settle for stalking blacksupra, thumping him on the head and nicking his rims at the next toymods meeting. Razz

-J-

P.S. Speaking of... do I have to wait for the next toymods meeting to become a member, or I can organise membership at any old time? And yes, I believe that this is the best place to ask this question, so shutup.
mk2garage
Regular

June 2004
Re: my mk2 supra Mon, 30 August 2004 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was gonna get OM's just like the Celica Supra project car, but i liked the FR more and then comes along a set! Stoked, Can ppl from Tas be Toymods Members?
mk2garage
Regular

June 2004
Re: my mk2 supra Tue, 31 August 2004 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also I am looking for an intercooler for it, you guys know the deal with which coolers go on 7M's PM me if you have one you wish to sell.
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: my mk2 supra Tue, 31 August 2004 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The intercooler on mine was custom made, so I dunno if you'll have much luck. If you want to fit it in the front bar without chopping it needs to be a thin core. It can be fairly long and high, but if it's thicker than about 75 you're going to have problems (unless you do some hacking or removing - which isn't too hard).

-J-
mk2garage
Regular

June 2004
Re: my mk2 supra Tue, 31 August 2004 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who made yours?
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: my mk2 supra Tue, 31 August 2004 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk2garage wrote on Mon, 30 August 2004 18:22

You are all going to choke when i tell how much the simmons cost me. $1500 and no thats not a typo.

I only paid $563 for mine Very Happy Centres need to be repainted, but meh.

Looks sweet. Re the I/C, it seems like they are all custom jobbies. Mine is an ARC cooler from a 7M-GTE powered MZ20, and I'm having fun fitting it (the pipes anyway), as the caster rod mounts create a bit of hassle

Cheers

Michael B
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: my mk2 supra Wed, 01 September 2004 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey dood - Nice Mk2 !! Smile

I'm interested in your suspension set up as its most likely the next on my list, and I was thinking of running the Kings springs. Why Lows front and Super Low on the back? Does it make much of a difference? Can I get some pics of the current suspension set up?!

RE: Intercooler - speak to JCMF on that one - I don't think his is custom made.. may be able to point you in the right direction?!...

And finally - your rims are sweet. I got some Simmons 16" b45s, and they cost me $550 per rim, without tyres!! Dang expensive Simmons... its a good thing they look sweet and make other Mk2 owners jealous!! Laughing

look forward to future updates

Damo
TRD 83
mk2garage
Regular

June 2004
Re: my mk2 supra Thu, 02 September 2004 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all its got is pedders on the rear stock fronts, but the kings are a fair bit stiffer, i wanted to make rear a bit lower as its got no weight in it, but its pretty much made it all even round the ride heights. The front is a bit lower now, the new engine must be a lil bit heavier than the old ones.
Mines about as low as this one
http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/589ebce6_m40c143ef/82b1/__sr_/db11.jpg?phpfmNBB1WXFpJK0
http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/589ebce6_m40c143ef/82b1/__sr_/9aac.jpg?phpfmNBB.JKTqD5K
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: my mk2 supra Thu, 02 September 2004 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ditch the shocks. I'd even raise the rear a bit as the neg camber from being so low is a tad severe. Seriously consider the neg camber mod to the rear subframe as championed by Paul Pyvvara (hopefully the spelling is OK)

Need sonme better pics of your though....
mk2garage
Regular

June 2004
Re: my mk2 supra Thu, 02 September 2004 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah ill get better pics when the car is out of the workshop, The car is higher in the back than that one, due to having no weight in the back, but as it is the car handles beautifully, A lot of grip, i do use the car for a fair bit of drift, so its generally good for high speed drift.

The rear end does have a fair bit of camber tho, so i will look into the camber mod.
Where do i find the info for it?

But the shocks do need to be changed as they do not match the spring rates, I would like some high quality jap shocks with bump and rebound adjustment, who makes the good shocks for mk2s?
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: my mk2 supra Thu, 02 September 2004 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk2garage wrote on Thu, 02 September 2004 20:28

The rear end does have a fair bit of camber tho, so i will look into the camber mod.
Where do i find the info for it?

Norbs posted some info a while back, do a search or contact Norbie.

mk2garage wrote on Thu, 02 September 2004 20:28

I would like some high quality jap shocks with bump and rebound adjustment, who makes the good shocks for mk2s?

BlackSupra (Glen) imported some Tockico's from the States (via eBay) at a reasonable price (once again, info is listed, need to do a search). I used Koni Yellow's, but the rears took a bit of fabbing to fit.

Depends on you budget and requirements, but the Tokico's are a good bet.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: my mk2 supra Fri, 03 September 2004 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any of you bitches with simmons wanna sell them, or at the least hurry up and crash your cars?
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: my mk2 supra Fri, 03 September 2004 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Fri, 03 September 2004 10:42

any of you bitches with simmons wanna sell them, or at the least hurry up and crash your cars?

mmmmmwwwwwwwhhhhhaahahahhahahahahahhaha
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: my mk2 supra Fri, 03 September 2004 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Seconded.

-J-
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: my mk2 supra Fri, 03 September 2004 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joorsh wrote on Fri, 03 September 2004 11:21

Quote:

Seconded.

-J-

Swap to 5 stud and get Pord Palcon mags Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Oh, AND I got Simmons as well !!!!! Cheap Evil or Very Mad
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: my mk2 supra Fri, 03 September 2004 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Did I hear someone say Tokico HP group buy?

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
mk2garage
Regular

June 2004
Re: my mk2 supra Fri, 03 September 2004 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm i may well be in on it
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: my mk2 supra Mon, 06 September 2004 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did it
Done it
Liked it
Loved it.

There is no subsitute for coke.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: my mk2 supra Mon, 06 September 2004 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Mon, 06 September 2004 18:00

There is no subsitute for coke.

you obviously have a flawed opinion, coke is only good when you cant taste it, when its heavily laced with spirits
pepsi is the choice of legands!

Celica-Sue: Since i now have a bit of money again(just paid the last of my shitty debt off last week), i'd be interested in a tokico group buy
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: my mk2 supra Mon, 06 September 2004 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

OK. I'll look into the group buy thing a bit more seriously (either rears or both, either Tokico HP's or KYB Gas-adjust) and ley y'all know ... in a NEW thread Rolling Eyes
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: my mk2 supra Mon, 06 September 2004 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Celia-Sue wrote on Mon, 06 September 2004 19:01

OK. I'll look into the group buy thing a bit more seriously (either rears or both, either Tokico HP's or KYB Gas-adjust) and ley y'all know ... in a NEW thread Rolling Eyes

You da man!

On a side note, i demand more pictures of this stunning creature Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: my mk2 supra Mon, 06 September 2004 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Celia-Sue wrote on Fri, 03 September 2004 12:43

Arrg! Don't do it, cos if you have a big price difference on them, I'll just end up with another thing to go with my Truetrac footrest!
mk2garage
Regular

June 2004
Re: my mk2 supra Mon, 06 September 2004 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
should be finished soon, will put pics up
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: my mk2 supra Mon, 06 September 2004 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Mon, 06 September 2004 23:05

Arrg! Don't do it, cos if you have a big price difference on them, I'll just end up with another thing to go with my Truetrac footrest!

Mine is comfartably residing in the boot till I decide what ratio to use. 4.1, 3.58 or 4.3 Rolling Eyes
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: my mk2 supra Thu, 09 September 2004 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Tue, 07 September 2004 06:18

justcallmefrank wrote on Mon, 06 September 2004 23:05

Mine is comfartably residing in the boot till I decide what ratio to use. 4.1, 3.58 or 4.3 Rolling Eyes

Likewise, but I'm deciding between 4.1, 3.727 and 3.909

Oh, and my Tokico's are finally NOT paperweights!
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: my mk2 supra Fri, 10 September 2004 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=CrUZsida wrote on Thu, 09 September 2004 16:57Likewise, but I'm deciding between 4.1, 3.727 and 3.909

Oh, and my Tokico's are finally NOT paperweights![/quote]

Well, I KNOW when I get my Truetrak-doorstop in I will want something lower than the 4.11 I currently have. Probably the 3.7, but I haven't gone far down that track yet.

Shocks are a bit more of a priority for me at the moment. I'm waiting for Russell from WA Suspensions to get back from holiday, to see what the best deal he could put together would be. Then I'll look into the group-buy PS purchase options. Hmm ... something to keep the front door open as well, just in time for Summer. Rolling Eyes

Justin
mk2garage
Regular

June 2004
Re: my mk2 supra Wed, 15 September 2004 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just bought a cruise car while the supras being done, the car is a 1983 Toyota Cressida. Its a good car to drive + i feel like a pimp driving it, not too bad for $750.

mk2garage
Regular

June 2004
Re: my mk2 supra Thu, 25 November 2004 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm car should be finished within the next months, Just Bought 1400 dollars worth of fuel system for it, it should honk!
mk2garage
Regular

June 2004
Re: my mk2 supra Wed, 01 December 2004 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just thought i'd put up a pic of it again

http://www.boostcruising.com/database/journal/files/BiHflava200404150848journalfile2.jpg
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: my mk2 supra Thu, 02 December 2004 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn man, WTF is that RX7 in the background???
rabbitt
Occasional Poster

February 2004
Re: my mk2 supra Thu, 02 December 2004 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha nice photochop in that last pic. where in tassie are ya from?? im in hobart.. drive a twincam ae82, got a mate with a mk2 supra down here. has the twin turbo import motor in it.. auto unfortunately, but next time your down south send me a pm, should meet up. im sure he'd be keen to check it out. cheers and good luck with it
van-
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: my mk2 supra Thu, 09 December 2004 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice man, very nice! These are so much hotter than the MkIIIs, it's just not funny. Good choice! Of course, it's no MkIV Wink

Hahaha that RX7 is off it's tits, how retarded!
mk2garage
Regular

June 2004
Re: my mk2 supra Wed, 22 December 2004 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rabbitt wrote on Thu, 02 December 2004 13:53

haha nice photochop in that last pic. where in tassie are ya from?? im in hobart.. drive a twincam ae82, got a mate with a mk2 supra down here. has the twin turbo import motor in it.. auto unfortunately, but next time your down south send me a pm, should meet up. im sure he'd be keen to check it out. cheers and good luck with it

Yeah i am from Launceston

are you talking about Riley, i have been meaning to catch up with him, the supra is ready as of Jan 15th Will come down there then!
mk2garage
Regular

June 2004
Re: my mk2 supra Mon, 05 September 2005 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok shes now all finished, heres there pics!
Suspension is not stiff enough, LSD is shagged. I drift too much!
Oh and its matt black now Shocked

http://gotboost.biz/picture_library/mini/haskell.jpghttp://gotboost.biz/picture_library/Nate/eng.jpg
http://gotboost.biz/picture_library/Nate/sup2.jpg
http://gotboost.biz/picture_library/Nate/sup4.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 05 September 2005 16:25]

Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: my mk2 supra Mon, 05 September 2005 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Love your rims mate Surprised
mk2garage
Regular

June 2004
Re: my mk2 supra Tue, 06 September 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heres a couple more

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/hazkell/NScruise008.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/hazkell/NScruise025.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/hazkell/Hobart16-04-05003.jpg

btw i made a front lip spoiler out of a XE Falcon Spac! looks quite good actually

[Updated on: Tue, 06 September 2005 08:48]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: my mk2 supra Wed, 07 September 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tell me more about this XE Falcon lip spoiler, got pics?
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: my mk2 supra Wed, 07 September 2005 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is one ghetto spec 7m conversion.

Almost taking norbies crown.

But use of coke bottle is sheer brillance!
mk2garage
Regular

June 2004
Re: my mk2 supra Wed, 07 September 2005 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha that coke bottles gone now, theres a proper overflow can now. The coke bottle overflow is very popular modification in tasmania Laughing
My car is ghetto as all hell! The Paint job only cost me 80 bux. The engine is the only real thing i spent money on Razz
Its funny though. I really have wrecked it, when i bought it, she was bog stock!

Will get pic of front spoiler, hoping to get a full kit sometime soon, but i gotta get some decent suspension and LSD that actually works all the time!
negative boost
Regular

October 2004
Re: my mk2 supra Sun, 11 September 2005 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ha, thats insane! Truly a wild conversion there. Where do you go drifting at? Got any videos?

I'll have check it out nextime im up north ways
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: my mk2 supra Mon, 12 September 2005 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks awesome, im going to be the owner of a black 7mgte supra soon Smile

don't want to spare any of the black interior you ripped out do you? i have $$$ Evil or Very Mad
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: my mk2 supra Mon, 12 September 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What bits do you need Riley?
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=61701&rid=4164&S=d8aded7b4cbeb1a7bbd68e8 63d400d13&pl_view=&start=0#msg_568653
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: my mk2 supra Mon, 12 September 2005 02:09 Go to previous message
ill reply in your thread, thanks matey Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Cuts ST205 Group A Rallye
Next Topic:Jap Spec S15
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-