Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Detailers to get rid of vomit and maybe poo smell/leftovers

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
icon9.gif  Detailers to get rid of vomit and maybe poo smell/leftovers Mon, 06 September 2004 10:37 Go to next message
Looking for a good detailer. A relative of my gfs has spewed in a 5 month old CRV and was left overnight. The guy that did it had a 60 dollar job done on the car but obviously didn't do the trick (I thought 60 bucks wouldn't get much more than vacuum and armor all).

Apparently someone took the car to another detailer today and reckoned they couldn't get rid of smell (it has soaked into carpet). I was wondering if anyone knew someone either out Hills - Blacktown way or Nthn Beaches that could work some magic Smile We had a good detailing job done in Narrabeen but I dont think they are there any more.

I think the seats need to come out and the cabin flooded with suds or something.

Sorry about the short essay.

Thanks

[Updated on: Mon, 06 September 2004 10:37]

Send a private message to this user    
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Detailers to get rid of vomit and maybe poo smell/leftovers Mon, 06 September 2004 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehe, spewin!

Laughing
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Detailers to get rid of vomit and maybe poo smell/leftovers Mon, 06 September 2004 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I finally managed to get rid of puke smell out of the RA60. It involved cleaning it up, then a liberal dose of disinfectant. Then I coated it in Febreeze a few times really heavily, made sure whenever I could the car was well ventilated, and got a decent air freshener...didn't go away straight away, but you couldn't tell it now.
HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Detailers to get rid of vomit and maybe poo smell/leftovers Mon, 06 September 2004 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys. Febreeze hey...
Doesn't sound like it's going to come out that easy. Nobody really wants to fix it up themselves, grossed out by a relatives vomit, the one that did it won't clean it up or spend up to get it fixed (though I think he's going to get walloped with the bill, the silly guy Sad!)

Hate to use the mastercard thing again..but:

Beers at a wedding..free
Cost of spewing/pooing(yet to be fully proven) in new car...priceless

[Updated on: Mon, 06 September 2004 11:49]

Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Detailers to get rid of vomit and maybe poo smell/leftovers Mon, 06 September 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
take the seat out and hit it with a hose and that chemcical dry cleaning shit
worked on my mums car for when the cat pissed\puked on the back seat
HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Detailers to get rid of vomit and maybe poo smell/leftovers Mon, 06 September 2004 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So do you just soak the seat with water? Chemical dry cleaning shit - I'll have to look it up - but sounds pretty good Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Detailers to get rid of vomit and maybe poo smell/leftovers Mon, 06 September 2004 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HighRolla wrote on Mon, 06 September 2004 18:53

Thanks guys. Febreeze hey...

The Febreeze will get rid of the smell, provided you get rid of the source. Hence the quantities of disinfectant. One of those wet/dry vacuum cleaners with some good cleaning fluid and some more disinfectant would probably be a good thing.
spirokeet
Regular

July 2004
Re: Detailers to get rid of vomit and maybe poo smell/leftovers Mon, 06 September 2004 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
U explained the vomit smell, what about the poo?!?
HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Detailers to get rid of vomit and maybe poo smell/leftovers Mon, 06 September 2004 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Loss of control both ends it seems. The guy is yet to explain, kind of an embarrasing night. It's not the standard thing to do that's for sure. The relative isn't me though..promise.

The guy is pretty unhelpful with trying to fix the stench/poo/vomit left in his trail.

He went for a nap in the car after having one to many, the family came back to the car later in the night - only to find a disturbing sight. There seemed to be poo remains in front seat when it was pushed down with cloth Sad

[Updated on: Mon, 06 September 2004 11:57]

Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Detailers to get rid of vomit and maybe poo smell/leftovers Mon, 06 September 2004 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rofl
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Detailers to get rid of vomit and maybe poo smell/leftovers Mon, 06 September 2004 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No No No

To truly clean that kinda shit out you are going to need to assault it on several fronts, but you'll definitely need to use an air freshener for a while afterwards even after your disinfected, and chemically cleaned the - err - crash site. The smell will sit in the car for a while regardless, you can try orange power as well , that stuff can work pretty well.
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Detailers to get rid of vomit and maybe poo smell/leftovers Mon, 06 September 2004 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

You lose either way.

If you don't wanna scrub and soak the hell out of your seat, then you can NEVER get the smell out of your car.

on the contrary, if you put in the elbow great, etc.etc.
your seat will never be as plush again..

hmmm
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Detailers to get rid of vomit and maybe poo smell/leftovers Mon, 06 September 2004 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okies, the seats will have to be removed and so will the carpet... When they are out, you'll need to dry clean the seats and carpet using a wet vacuum and lots of disinfectant...

Then clean all the floorpan with disinfectant aswell and make sure it is completely dry before putting carpet back in... Make sure the smell has comepletely gone and then refit all the interior parts and you should be right...

If a small smell is still evident, you could try using febreeze or Glen 20 to kill the germs...

Then use an air freshener spray or those car ones that clip onto the vents...

That should do the trick for you...

Best bet would be to go to a detailer to do all this work for you and it may be a couple of days work aswell... So prepare for a nice bill at the end...
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Detailers to get rid of vomit and maybe poo smell/leftovers Mon, 06 September 2004 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had the world's worst stench in my Supra once... a plastic bottle of orange juice had been left under the passenger seat by one of my friends, and in the Queensland summer sun it eventually burst and the putrid contents soaked into the carpet. The ONLY way to get rid of that gag-inducing stench was to completely rip the carpets out and attack them with lots of elbow grease and heavy-duty cleaning products.

The carpet came up great in the end, they were cleaner and fresher than they'd ever been! As it turns out I was too lazy to ever put the carpets back, and the car still has a bare steel interior, so I guess my story doesn't help you much. But trust me, it's much easier to clean spills off a painted steel floor. Smile
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Detailers to get rid of vomit and maybe poo smell/leftovers Mon, 06 September 2004 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FUKEN FUNNIEST POST TITLE IN AGES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Detailers to get rid of vomit and maybe poo smell/leftovers Mon, 06 September 2004 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive also got a question.

My stupid ex gf spilt maccas OJ on my ma61 floor, and it stained it. will std interior cleaner take it off? its freakin yellow Mad BAH! WOMEN!
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Detailers to get rid of vomit and maybe poo smell/leftovers Mon, 06 September 2004 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Mon, 06 September 2004 21:33

But trust me, it's much easier to clean spills off a painted steel floor. Smile

Yeah, just open the door, and turn a sharp corner!

Or you do what I did to my MA61 parts car that was sitting outside in winter with a leaking sunroof.
I just drilled a dozen holes in the floor, watched the water drain away!!!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Detailers to get rid of vomit and maybe poo smell/leftovers Mon, 06 September 2004 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, yes, and worked well it did Smile
HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Detailers to get rid of vomit and maybe poo smell/leftovers Tue, 07 September 2004 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys for the words of advice. The father rang up a detailer who said pulling out the seats isn't part of their job :S I've given the gf a list of detailers from yellow pages to find one that will do more than that.

Can't be that hard to find I'm sure. Just don't want to call from work (which eliminates B/hours), then everyone in the office would be asking/thinking why there is a poo/vomit remains in the the car I'm enquiring about.

V8 MA61 I've used the Kitten Interior cleaner (under 10bucks from kmart or supercheap) in a can that foams up - has a plastic kind of brush on the lid which is handy also. Worked pretty good on dirt stains etc..Definately woth a go on the OJ. Just question it's ability on spew and poo.

[Updated on: Tue, 07 September 2004 10:29]

V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Detailers to get rid of vomit and maybe poo smell/leftovers Wed, 08 September 2004 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HighRolla wrote on Tue, 07 September 2004 20:27

Thanks guys for the words of advice. The father rang up a detailer who said pulling out the seats isn't part of their job :S I've given the gf a list of detailers from yellow pages to find one that will do more than that.

Can't be that hard to find I'm sure. Just don't want to call from work (which eliminates B/hours), then everyone in the office would be asking/thinking why there is a poo/vomit remains in the the car I'm enquiring about.

V8 MA61 I've used the Kitten Interior cleaner (under 10bucks from kmart or supercheap) in a can that foams up - has a plastic kind of brush on the lid which is handy also. Worked pretty good on dirt stains etc..Definately woth a go on the OJ. Just question it's ability on spew and poo.

thanks mate. ive got two cans of the cheapo shit that were left in my grotty trade in ma70...so ill give em a go when ig et a moment!
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Detailers to get rid of vomit and maybe poo smell/leftovers Thu, 09 September 2004 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is the funniest thread I have ever seen. And I dont get out much!

Good luck
HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Detailers to get rid of vomit and maybe poo smell/leftovers Fri, 10 September 2004 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the guy ran away, the family asked for money to clean it, the stinge got out before he had to pay up. what a tight wad, I thought i was tight.

Shocked

the smell apparently still hits you like a punch in the face at the moment. My gf is checking this thread and likes some of the ideas - thanks guys.

I don't think they'll use Norbie's idea of driving around with
Quote:

bare steel interior
but they may need to rip up the carpets.

[Updated on: Fri, 10 September 2004 08:55]

Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Detailers to get rid of vomit and maybe poo smell/leftovers Fri, 10 September 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sort of on topic
anyone know how to get blood stains out of velour?
seems like car detailers can only do so much for those kind of stains :/
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Detailers to get rid of vomit and maybe poo smell/leftovers Fri, 10 September 2004 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cyber-punk wrote on Fri, 10 September 2004 21:33

sort of on topic

blood stains...damn man could'nt you've chosen a better day to be "flirting" with your mrs in the supra?

[Updated on: Fri, 10 September 2004 12:19]

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Detailers to get rid of vomit and maybe poo smell/leftovers Sat, 11 September 2004 02:25 Go to previous message
Cyber-punk wrote on Fri, 10 September 2004 21:33

sort of on topic

Cyber-punk wrote on Thu, 02 September 2004 19:33

i dont like breaking virgins in
most of them cry or keep saying how much it hurts
not a very good turn on :/

Maybe you should be careful who you do in your car dude Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Nice car
Next Topic:Restoration places
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-