Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
QIK 3SGTE
Regular

September 2003
Chrome plating Thu, 09 September 2004 04:33 Go to next message
I need some parts chrome plated. Does anyone know of any places in Sydney that are reasonably priced. Also after a place that does plastic chroming if possible.

Thanx
  Send a private message to this user    
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Chrome plating Thu, 09 September 2004 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Jack, I am interested in this too, I wouldn't mind getting a few orignal bits rechromed to make it like it was way back in the day. I will keep an eye on the thread, but let us know what the finish comes up like, particularly on the plastic.

Cheers,

Hang on, some kids down at the underpass pass are into "chroming", perhaps I should talk to them. If the silver finish comes up half as good on plastic as it does on their face I would be cheering Laughing
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Chrome plating Thu, 09 September 2004 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jack, my man, check you Yellow Pages for "Everlast Bumper Repairs", My re chromed 22/23 bumpers all come from them. I still have your 22 bonnett vents and other bits here for you.

regards Chuck.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Chrome plating Thu, 09 September 2004 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey chuck how much did it cost to rechrome the bars? i got their num and book for new bars ($300 a bar swapped)

there is also bluchrome in condell park, quoted me $180 a bar to rechrome. i found out that if you ask for 2 bars he will charge $360, but if you go there with everything he does it cheap considering the price individually cause he will do them all in one drop instead of coming back and forth all the time
dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: Chrome plating Thu, 09 September 2004 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jack, i got some plastic croming done at the bronzing studio at castle hill, they done an excellant job but the bill is pretty scary Shocked

i actually got the rear vents behind the quarter window done, they come up really well, but as i said the bill isnt cheap
pr1nce
Regular

April 2004
Re: Chrome plating Thu, 09 September 2004 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go to ausrotary.com

they know everything about who does chroming cause all the people with rx3's and shit had to get theirs done lol
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Chrome plating Thu, 09 September 2004 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dcving wrote on Thu, 09 September 2004 20:19

jack, i got some plastic croming done at the bronzing studio at castle hill, they done an excellant job but the bill is pretty scary Shocked

i actually got the rear vents behind the quarter window done, they come up really well, but as i said the bill isnt cheap

how much was it?
Razor
Regular

May 2004
Re: Chrome plating Fri, 10 September 2004 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Plastic Chroming is a bit difficult most normal electroplaters dont accept these jobs as it normally melts the plastic
but absolutely can be done
I got my centre console panel chromed before for $200 but the place I had it done made it too thick.

but I'm in brisbane so no use for you
gr8r-x
Regular

September 2004
Re: Chrome plating Fri, 10 September 2004 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I remember seeing an ad for a chrome plating kit in some magazine a while ago.

Can't for the life of me remember which one, and haven't been able to find any info on it, sorry.

Oh, and re: plating plastic. You basically have to use a conductive powder or paint and ensure that the item doesn't heat up to much. Difficult, but not entirely impossible. Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 10 September 2004 03:05]

alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Chrome plating Fri, 10 September 2004 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gr8r-x wrote on Fri, 10 September 2004 12:52

Can't for the life of me remember which one, and haven't been able to find any info on it, sorry.

PPC POR15 RANGE?
gr8r-x
Regular

September 2004
Re: Chrome plating Fri, 10 September 2004 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alex_ta22 wrote on Fri, 10 September 2004 14:30

gr8r-x wrote on Fri, 10 September 2004 12:52

PPC POR15 RANGE?

??? Confused
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Chrome plating Fri, 10 September 2004 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.chrometech.com.au/
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Chrome plating Sat, 11 September 2004 06:42 Go to previous message
Hi,

The Bronzing Studio (Castle Hill) only chrome plastics and other wierd things like roses, baby shoes and stuff like this. They don't do metal, so don't bother going there and asking to get your rocker cover or anything like that chromed.

Pity, 'cos they do good work (though expensive) and do other finishs such as bronze, gold, etc. I thought a bronze rocker cover would look shmick, but alas, they don't do metal.

seeyuzz
river
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Able to get a RWC on panel damaged car?
Next Topic:Another turbo question
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 01:18:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060911178588867 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.