Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » who will rebuild my engine??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
madman
Regular

December 2003
who will rebuild my engine?? Fri, 10 September 2004 06:54 Go to next message
hi guys,
i posted a thread a while ago asking for information about rebuilding the 3s-gte in my st185.
i am currently looking for a place that is willing to take up the job.
I called a few places.
Some of them i don't trust.
There was one I trusted but he has not contacted me back on numerous occasions and he said he will. ( i will not post the shop name or the guys name.)
I understand it is a big job but I just dont know who to take it to.

I am now considering finding a low km st205 halfcut and putting that in. That is not what i would prefer tho. It would cost alot too. and i wont have the same comfort i would have of a newly rebuilt engine.

Please if you have any ideas who might have good knowlegde of these engines and can rebuild them. please let me know.

I live in melbourne.

Thank you.
  Send a private message to this user    
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: who will rebuild my engine?? Fri, 10 September 2004 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good workshops always give bad service. It's because they're busy doing good work Smile

That said, just because they don't call you doesn't mean they're not doing burnouts in a customer's car!
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: who will rebuild my engine?? Fri, 10 September 2004 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you will probably be the best person to rebuild your engine - dont be afraid to ask for advice here or with your mechanic(s) and engineer(s) but treat everything we all say as suspect.

Do the stuff you feel confident with, get mechanics to do the hard bits.

oh... get another car while you do this - you cannot do this via public transport, taxis and couriers
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: who will rebuild my engine?? Fri, 10 September 2004 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shame your not up her in sydney i would do it for you for a bottle of rum or two if your a finacial meber of toymods aslong as you did the leg work! give MOE engines a ring if you need the number just give me a yell! i deal with him alot and i trust him 100%. i hate recommending other people but he is a legend. tell him mick from austrack motorsport said to ring him etc.
give me a yell if you get stuck.
mick
madman
Regular

December 2003
Re: who will rebuild my engine?? Fri, 10 September 2004 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks mick i appreciate your support.

what do you guys think about me looking for a st205 halfcut?
what are my chances of finding a good low km one, and how much would I be looking at?
I know it wont be cheap but it might be an easy way out for me.
Mx62
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: who will rebuild my engine?? Fri, 10 September 2004 13:59 Go to previous message
7M-Brisbane wrote on Fri, 10 September 2004 18:50

Good workshops always give bad service. It's because they're busy doing good work Smile

That said, just because they don't call you doesn't mean they're not doing burnouts in a customer's car!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I wouldnt expect any change out of $1,500 for a rebuild... why not do it yourself ?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Stock sprinter + $3000, advice?
Next Topic:1jz...where do these go?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 06:25:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0038959980010986 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.