Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Johnny_K
Regular

June 2004
86 4AGE swap in perth Thu, 09 September 2004 15:21 Go to next message
hey guys. Just wondering for those people in perth who have swapped their crummy old 4ac for a 4age and was wondering where they got the conversion done and how much was it. After that toymods cruise i weas worried that ma crack in the head in the 4ac would come back and it did and it's on it's last leg gettin me to work and back. so now i'm planning to save my ass off for a 4age and other parts (i need shocks!!!) for the conversion, can anyone help me please!!!! thanks JoHnNy_K
  Send a private message to this user    
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: 86 4AGE swap in perth Thu, 09 September 2004 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got my conversion done at my house
Cost: nothing, except some skin off the knuckles Very Happy
Johnny_K
Regular

June 2004
Re: 86 4AGE swap in perth Thu, 09 September 2004 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dam! you serious. Did you have an engine hoist or alot of friends or something. Dam if it's possible to do it by yourself then maybe i should give it a go. hey could you give us some more details on how you pulled this conversion for nothing cause if i could get it done for nothing i could probly get the money for the conversion sometime the end of this year (dam school won't let me work!!!) thanks JoHnNy_K
jazree
Occasional Poster

October 2003
Re: 86 4AGE swap in perth Fri, 10 September 2004 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
same here mate!! took us 3 days to take out and install 2 4age's into our sprinters..it was lot's of fun and lot's of smoking!!!hheheheh
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: 86 4AGE swap in perth Fri, 10 September 2004 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine was easy all i had to do was swap everything over from a jap wreck

yeah i used an engine hoist, removed the engine and box from both cars in one piece.

[Updated on: Fri, 10 September 2004 04:58]

ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: 86 4AGE swap in perth Fri, 10 September 2004 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
me and a mate did all the work = costs nothing Very Happy
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: 86 4AGE swap in perth Fri, 10 September 2004 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im fairly curious too i dont have a sprinter ( still saving ) how much is it on average to get it professionally fitted im guessing the 86kw is cheaper to install than the 100kw
i read a gze tutorial and that was saying over 4k for an install would that be about the same? (minus the IC and piping of course)
Johnny_K
Regular

June 2004
Re: 86 4AGE swap in perth Fri, 10 September 2004 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey AE95 i was wondering how much was the half cut???. also was it easy to find like where did you get your hands on a halfcut of a JDM 86 i thought there rare to find!!!. but yeah the way you say it i guess you can say it's easy and very tempting...
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: 86 4AGE swap in perth Fri, 10 September 2004 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i bought a complete jdm car which had been stolen and crashed.
friend of a friends car
Johnny_K
Regular

June 2004
Re: 86 4AGE swap in perth Fri, 10 September 2004 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dam your lucky, i'd say the chances of me knowing a friend of a friend who has a crashed JDM 86 for sale is very low but yeah about that crashed 86 is there anything else left in it thats worth selling???.
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: 86 4AGE swap in perth Fri, 10 September 2004 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eng, gbox, diff,efi tank and lines all gone
doors will be going on my car soon and front panels/lights will be kept as spares.

i got a shit load of interior bits if u need
Johnny_K
Regular

June 2004
Re: 86 4AGE swap in perth Fri, 10 September 2004 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has God finnaly answered one of my prayers!!!. Yes i am very interested mainly in the dash and the seats . how much would you sell them for and would i be able to come and see them one day ?? thanks JoHnNy_K
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: 86 4AGE swap in perth Sat, 11 September 2004 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seats were rx7 s5 buckets which im going to fit.
sorry dash is in my car.
cytribe
Regular

June 2003
Re: 86 4AGE swap in perth Sun, 12 September 2004 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm looking for a few interior pieces for my ae86 in Perth as well. If you could e-mail me at cytribe@hotmail.com I'd be very interested. Cheers, Liam.
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: 86 4AGE swap in perth Sun, 12 September 2004 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a lot of interior plastic bits, its all in a big pile. arrange to come over and make an offer on what you want. the plastics are all brown if im not mistaken, some are in average condition.
cytribe
Regular

June 2003
Re: 86 4AGE swap in perth Sun, 12 September 2004 12:31 Go to previous message
I don't care what colour they are, nothing a bit of paint can't fix Very Happy I am definately after the right front speaker grill as it's the only part of my interior missing after assholes tried to hotwire my car. I'll pay a reasonable price for it if you have one in ok condition. Please reply to cytribe@hotmail.com as I'm pretty desperate Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Attn: Twinky Owners in Sydney
Next Topic:REALLY QUICK QUESTION
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 10:22:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052559375762939 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.