Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » NT/TAS » WA: Who's interested in a Navigation Run?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
WA: Who's interested in a Navigation Run? Sat, 03 July 2004 06:23 Go to next message
Any one interested in a navigation run, in the upcoming months? I'm thinking of putting one together, for the fun of it. To compete you'd need a car with an odometer, a driver and a navigator. The style of navigation would be the same as used in all the Touring Road Events in WA, and this would be a great way to introduce yourself to those requirements! If the interest is there, I'll develop the idea further?!?

Clint
  Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: WA: Who's interested in a Navigation Run? Sun, 04 July 2004 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Definately

I just hope I'm home this time...
And my car is running...
And my speedo is accurate... (stupid 10% high)

Would you set 2 or 3 different courses?
Send of people at different time?
Challanges along the way?
Questions to answer?
etc etc?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: WA: Who's interested in a Navigation Run? Mon, 05 July 2004 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be up for it if the damn XX is on the road. Goes to spray painters tomorrow and then it's not my problem...till I get the bill Smile
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: WA: Who's interested in a Navigation Run? Mon, 05 July 2004 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interested
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: WA: Who's interested in a Navigation Run? Mon, 05 July 2004 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is this like a treasure hunt in a car? Confused

whats a odometer Embarassed
TOYCSX
Regular

June 2004
Re: WA: Who's interested in a Navigation Run? Tue, 06 July 2004 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill be up for that, hopefully my the car is back on the road by then and ill drive that, otherwise might get my mate to come in his 02' rolla and i can navigate.

Sounds like a bita fun Smile

When are we lookin at holding this event?
And will it be at night or day? saturday or a sunday?
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: WA: Who's interested in a Navigation Run? Fri, 09 July 2004 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That sounds cool I will come depending on date and time Smile
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: WA: Who's interested in a Navigation Run? Sat, 10 July 2004 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will probably lok tohold it sometime in September at the earliest as it will take quite a bit of organising, day and date are open to debate at the moment - suggest away?!

CrUZsida: Speedo inaccuracies can easily be calculated out with a correction factor - I do it all the time in the Rallies I compete in.

JCMF: sounds like you're resigning yourself to "Navigator" status!

ae95: Good!

Jackel: Kind of like a treasure hunt, but you'll have to decipher the route from the instructions, and the collecting of goods is second nature to the event! An odometer is the distance counter in your speedo.

TOYCSX: Yep looks like you'll be another navigator!

Purple Monkey: Suggest away with possibilities?!

I'll also be looking for volunteers to man a couple 0of check points and assist in organising and running of the day. The format will be three or four stages, all conducted on open public roads (so all road rules broken at your own peril guys!), and run in order, you will be given a number of start order too.

For those interested, not only in this event, but navigation in general, there is a "NAV SCHOOL" day organised by CAMS coming up towards the end of this month (July), entry is $30pp, anyone interested, PM me and I'll forward you the details?!

Clint
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: WA: Who's interested in a Navigation Run? Mon, 12 July 2004 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
September, you *might* have an appearance from the XX, so not resigning myself to navigator duties just yet Smile
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: WA: Who's interested in a Navigation Run? Mon, 12 July 2004 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Project Decade finished? ..., Laughing Laughing Laughing , yeah right!!!

For those of you interested, this is also a good way to get girlfriends and wives involved too, though regardless of who's navigating, they will need to NOT suffer from motion sickness. Personally when competing in Touting Road Events with my girlfriend, I drive all the competition stages, while she screams, and then she drives the navigation stages, while I plot. I used to suffer from a bit of motion sickness, but have developed good techniques so that it does not affect me anymore, ..., much. Having said all that, being the navigator in a R32 GTR being driven in haste and trying those techniques, will not work!!!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: WA: Who's interested in a Navigation Run? Mon, 12 July 2004 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's nice to dream. Getting sprayed now.
TOYCSX
Regular

June 2004
Re: WA: Who's interested in a Navigation Run? Mon, 12 July 2004 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, TOYCSX may be attending the event if its not till late in september, thats when im hoping to get her back and all complete. Very Happy
Otherwise i will have to be pushed to navigator Confused
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: WA: Who's interested in a Navigation Run? Mon, 12 July 2004 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet i'll be in but my odometer on my dash isn't working for some reason Sad
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: WA: Who's interested in a Navigation Run? Wed, 08 September 2004 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any more interest? I'll run it if we could get ten cars together?!
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: WA: Who's interested in a Navigation Run? Wed, 08 September 2004 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As long as it in October or later, yes, I'm there
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: WA: Who's interested in a Navigation Run? Fri, 10 September 2004 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Later in October would be good Smile
guilty_19
Regular

March 2004
Re: WA: Who's interested in a Navigation Run? Fri, 10 September 2004 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iam up for it Cool

variety is the spice of life as they say Very Happy
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: WA: Who's interested in a Navigation Run? Sat, 11 September 2004 02:24 Go to previous message
Given the requirements to run one, late October would be the earliest it would happen - more like late November. I'd also need a few people to man checkpoints too, if you don't have a car, this is a good way to look at the cars too. If you'd be a definite starter for a Sunday morning late in November, please PM me. If you'd be a definite assistant for the same day, please also PM me?!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT - Wrecking RA23
Next Topic:VYSS.net / Antilag.com Cruise - Friday 3rd September
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 14:16:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068750381469727 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.