Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
[AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Mon, 09 August 2004 08:12 Go to next message
these are now for sale again, due to popular demand.

As seen in Simon's drift CAE86, and now a number of 86's around Adelaide.

$200 shipped.

good for a harness mount, as well as body stiffening, make a difference you can feel, even with a rollcage.

they come in unpainted aluminium, it's the top brace in this pic.
http://www.users.bigpond.com/steveg101/rearbraces.jpg

Send a private message to this user    
jaydik
Regular

July 2003
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Mon, 09 August 2004 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any special installation requirements noobs should know about?
Green_Comet
Regular

August 2003
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Mon, 09 August 2004 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does this require you to scrap the back seat??
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Mon, 09 August 2004 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks interesting...
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Mon, 09 August 2004 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the back seat is rendered useless, but doesn't need to be taken out. just folded down.

it's easy as to fit, all you need is a bit of common sense, it mounts between the 2 brackets that the seats clip into at the top, so those brackets have to be removed. but that's about it.

depending on how twisted your car is, you may need to use spacers, or sit on the brace to get it to fit. Out of the 7 cars that have them, 3 have needed spacers, one fit perfectly, and 3 were tight, needing a bit of body weight to get between the mounting points.

if spacers are needed, i can send these out after.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Mon, 09 August 2004 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alas i have one! its useful for getting kinky with girls in the back, gives somewhere to strap the handcuffs to. Other uses include tyre and rim holder/locator, holder upper. and if you carry a 12mm socket u can take it out quickly and use it as an anti road rage tool!
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Mon, 09 August 2004 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill take one, PM you for deposit details yeh Steve? Smile

looks like the rear seats are coming out again, first they were out, then back in, and now back out again lol. Laughing

cheers dude.
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Mon, 09 August 2004 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Green Comet {aka dori86} You need one , for more STREET CRED

Steve , whos messy car is that ? Rolling Eyes

Looks good Smile , i have seen weld in ones , but a bolt in is much better , could you give me a measurement of how far forward of the mount bolt holes the bar sits . I need to clear the ten fuel pumps and 50 litre surge tank ,
optionUP
Regular

February 2003
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Mon, 09 August 2004 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Steve,
how long will you be offering these for?
Is it a limited batch, or will you have "in stock" for awhile?

Cheers
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Mon, 09 August 2004 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
approx 5 cm... buit a grinder is your friend Wink

guys i must mention seriously now, this is a quality made brace, perfect for mounting harness on, it does acctually work and it bolts to a structual part of the car.

buy two! get one for the missus!

improvedae86 wrote on Mon, 09 August 2004 20:36

Looks good Smile , i have seen weld in ones , but a bolt in is much better , could you give me a measurement of how far forward of the mount bolt holes the bar sits . I need to clear the ten fuel pumps and 50 litre surge tank ,

improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Tue, 10 August 2004 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Mon, 09 August 2004 22:55

approx 5 cm... buit a grinder is your friend Wink

guys i must mention seriously now, this is a quality made brace, perfect for mounting harness on, it does acctually work and it bolts to a structual part of the car.

buy two! get one for the missus!

improvedae86 wrote on Mon, 09 August 2004 20:36

????? Simon why you quoting my post ?????
Have to much to drink again ?????????????
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Tue, 10 August 2004 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my car...you should see it now Embarassed
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Tue, 10 August 2004 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it g Ay spec now?
Patr1c
Regular

May 2002
icon1.gif  Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Wed, 11 August 2004 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mount your 5 point harness to these bars.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Wed, 11 August 2004 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Put mine in the other day.

Coz ive got 10kg springs on the front, and a pretty soft rear (cant afford rear springs atm shuttup) i normally would get heaps of bodyflex in a corner, even more so when changing direction.

This bar has reduced that flex really well. Id get some pics but my camera doesnt have a flash.. Confused
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Wed, 11 August 2004 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have an AE86 coupe GTV, i am interested in the adjustable brace between the shocks, do you sell those? im in brisbane, nobody has stuff for the coupes here (probly cos i have 1 of the 2 that are here!)
stocti
Regular

June 2004
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Thu, 12 August 2004 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have 1 not adjustable though. bought it for my hatch not realising it was 4 a coupe
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Thu, 12 August 2004 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Once it's in, how easy is it to remove/reinstall? as I do need my rear seats from time to time.
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Thu, 12 August 2004 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
easy as. 4 bolts.
genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Thu, 12 August 2004 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how can i get hold of a flash A SPEC sticker?
i got a mad a spec boot braCING panel! need to spec it up!
hit me with one!

i'll trade it for a JESSE sticker!
optionUP
Regular

February 2003
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Thu, 12 August 2004 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Steve,
how long will you be offering these for?
Is it a limited batch, or will you have "in stock" for awhile?

Cheers
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Thu, 12 August 2004 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll answer for him, He's got a few and more then likely when they run out get another batch made up.

BUY ONE NOW!
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Fri, 13 August 2004 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
right you are Cool
Pewee
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Sun, 15 August 2004 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats it made out of?
how much does it weigh?

Cheers Nathan
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Mon, 16 August 2004 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

they come in unpainted aluminium

they weigh 1.6kg
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Sat, 21 August 2004 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
optionUP
Regular

February 2003
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Sat, 21 August 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I definitely want one, but in a couple of weeks after I've done a couple of other things to the car. Maybe I could put a deposit on one?
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Sun, 22 August 2004 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm sent Smile
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Sun, 22 August 2004 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can u get defected with these and do you need an engineers cert or is it DIY
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Sun, 22 August 2004 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've been thru Regency Park(RTA) check station here with one in, and they said nothing.

however. cops have a terrible habit of picking on shit just cos they can.

but at the end of the day...

DON'T BE WEAK!! Very Happy
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Sun, 22 August 2004 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing maybe down the track, need a new radiator first
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Tue, 24 August 2004 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha, no worries.

i'll be bringing a few of these to sydney for the drift nats, so if ppl wanna see them, and maybe pick one up....just look for the hiace commuter bus with all the graffiti on the windows... Cool
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Tue, 24 August 2004 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you can produce these in Stainless and for a reasonable price (talk to Simon), then ill take one.
Regs say i cant use Alloy, or Chromoly as a harness mount. Mixed cage thing.
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Tue, 24 August 2004 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no worries, chris. what wall thickness do you want the tube in?
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Thu, 26 August 2004 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
still have a couple here for sale, ppl.

shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Thu, 26 August 2004 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(bump)

could you design these so the seat can still fold back?

i havent seen my car for a while Crying or Very Sad but i remember thinking that this would be do-able when i was designing a similar thing.

i suppose even if the seat did clip back, it would either run into the harness mount points or you would have to get rid if them.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Fri, 27 August 2004 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look, just rip the rear seats out, chuck em in the bin and buy the brace...
royal
Regular

October 2003
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Fri, 27 August 2004 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ummm... would this brace be better then a strut tower brace at the rear?

cheers!
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Fri, 27 August 2004 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shinybluesteel: i could, but it'd be too much work atm. i'm flat out with too much other stuff, otherwise i would.

royal: yup Cool
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Sat, 28 August 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you actually could make it fit with the seats in, but where the bar is, you would have to take that out of the seat, and place some type of braket on the bar, and where the seat now has a ditch for hte bar, and then it would need to be very safe. all in all its a waste of time, basically its made for the track.
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Sun, 29 August 2004 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i could make one, not a problem, but it would be from mild/stainless steel, would weigh prolly 3 times as much, and would cost more, because i'd have to go back and redesign everything, so it all fits properly, and doesn't interfere with the seat at all...

could be painful.

Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Tue, 07 September 2004 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump!
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Tue, 07 September 2004 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
still got some here Rolling Eyes
org86t
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Wed, 08 September 2004 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
probly gunna sound stupid but flip it over might be able to keep
ya seats then (mabye not)but if you want your seats dont buy it
simple i think
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Wed, 08 September 2004 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no that wont work, basically the bracket which the top half of the seat clips into must be removed, because that is where this brace is mounted, no drilling req u just bolt it in.

who wants rear seats anyways? just an excuse for someone to try n hitch a ride, weigh u down etc...

now shuttup and buy Wink

[Updated on: Wed, 08 September 2004 15:11]

Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Thu, 09 September 2004 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i couldn't agree with arch more! Surprised
lucifer D
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Fri, 10 September 2004 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey, just wondering. Is that strut brace cams approved? cause as far as i know, to have a harness installed in vehicle, it must be floor mounted with a 6mm thick 3" square M/S plate through the floor pan. Cheers for that.
lucifer D
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Fri, 10 September 2004 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey, just wondering. Is that strut brace cams approved? cause as far as i know, to have a harness installed in vehicle, it must be floor mounted with a 6mm thick 3" square M/S plate through the floor pan. Cheers for that.
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Sat, 11 September 2004 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
**** bump ******
u guys are silly for not buying this item!! my car:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/joyride/tofu86/IMG_0344.jpg

[Updated on: Sat, 11 September 2004 00:18]

Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Sat, 11 September 2004 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lucifer D wrote on Fri, 10 September 2004 16:39

to be honest, i'd have to check the rules on that one.

but hey, for average joe "street racer" it's fine. I've used this in my car at a cams event, as has simon, and they've said nothing so far...

on top of that, it's main purpose is for body stiffening, at which it does well.

nice pic, joyride....if indeed that is your REAL name...mwahahaahahaha Razz

[Updated on: Sat, 11 September 2004 11:40]

org86t
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Sat, 11 September 2004 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys i was just trying to help steve sell some more
if you want one but want your back seats buy one flip it over
and make a moddified clip for your back seat its what i would do and if that doesn't work its only 4 bolts
Yenda
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Sat, 11 September 2004 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i tried pming the guy but i dont have any reply.. i also tried adding him to icq but no reply there
wru!?
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Sun, 12 September 2004 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey yenda, i got your pm, but i don't use icq too often, sorry. You're better off adding me to your MSN.

i thought i replied to it as well...

anyway, i am working on others, but it's just a matter of finding time at the moment Rolling Eyes

Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Sat, 18 September 2004 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bumps for chumps Very Happy
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Thu, 07 October 2004 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine is in n looks great was easy as hell to install sliped right in didnt have to strip or push anything. It was like it was made for my car Laughing bumpy
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Fri, 15 October 2004 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet! Cool

bump
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Tue, 19 October 2004 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got mine yesterday and put it in today, fits like a snug little baby. Had to hit it with a hammer to get it in though, unlike babies.
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: [AE86] A-spec Rear Brace Tue, 19 October 2004 09:34 Go to previous message
takai wrote on Tue, 19 October 2004 18:52

I got mine yesterday and put it in today, fits like a snug little baby. Had to hit it with a hammer to get it in though, unlike babies.

Laughing Laughing

Most well looked after hachi dont require spacers, and the brace fits nice and tight like a virgin. Others like mine require some added width kinda like a loose whore. Surprised
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WRECKING CELICA 1998 SZ-R
Next Topic:1991 MZ20 half cut
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 1 10:59:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010869026184082 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.