steeko
Regular

July 2002
FS: QLD MA61 Supra Mon, 30 August 2004 06:17 Go to next message
8/1984 MA61 supra
white body, blue/navy interior

2.8L 5ME engine Auto
REG QLD till NOV 04

3rd owner - oil change every 5000kms or 2months (whichever comes first)
Sports steering wheel (woodgrain and chrome with boss kit).
New carpet, restitched front seats
Standard with cruise, elec.windows, digital dash, elec.mirrors.
Have fitted immobiliser and keyless entry (mongoose alarm system).
Reco'd twin-cam style radiator (from import).
Auto has new cooling lines and auto-trans oil change.
Brand new YUASA battery.
Recently replaced (in the last 30,000 kms) fuel filter
and all engine belts, most air hoses.
New radiator hoses (top and bottom).
New water pump (have receipt).
New thermostat and alloy thermostat housing.
Replaced starter motor (plus have spare).
Blue halogen headlight bulbs.
I've also got the Haynes repair manual too (cost me $55 from dymocks).

Fed premium ever since I've owned it (since Mar 2001 approx).
291,000 Kms

needs - aircon regas
- heater core

Few very small bits of surface rust on the tailgate (where the glass meets the body in the bottom left hand corner). Also some under the passenger pillar (near rear quarter window). A small dot starting on the passenger a-pillar. Myself and the last owner had this car garaged.

you can find pics at:
http://unitylowridercc.tripod.com/supra.htm

I'm asking $3000 ono
Will get a safety certificate for it this week or when someone is genuinely interested.
Would like for this car to goto a good home where they too will look after it. This is an honest car and I've noted all things it has and hasn't got. I need a cheaper daily driver and my chevy is my project now.

I'm in Brisbane (Alderley) if anyone is interested.
Scott Gibson - 0401625174
or email me at
sgibson@jitc.com.au

I'm looking for a decent KE70 wagon if anyone is interested for a trade with cash adjustment.
  Send a private message to this user    
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: FS: QLD MA61 Supra Mon, 30 August 2004 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks neat - and good price! Smile
Good luck with the sale... There are a few people looking at buying MA61s on the forums so hopefully it will go to a good home.

Damo
TRD 83
steeko
Regular

July 2002
Re: FS: QLD MA61 Supra Tue, 31 August 2004 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanx mate Smile yep it's priced to sell and is ONO. I'm pretty much the only mk2 that I know of in my area. These cars are getting pretty thin on the ground.
Am getting the safety cert this weekend so I'll be driving around if anyone wants to view the car.
Thruan
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: FS: QLD MA61 Supra Tue, 31 August 2004 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds nice. if its still for sale in 2 mths, i should have the money to buy it. itll most prob be gone by then, but any way, how much rego is there left on it? any probs with it? like cold morning's? do you have any pics of the interior? i AM intrested but have depts to pay b4 i get a new car.
sprinter_86
Regular

July 2003
Re: FS: QLD MA61 Supra Tue, 31 August 2004 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mate where bouts u located i have a white ma61 in shailer park area. haha. might have seen yours. sorry for the waste of time post.
steeko
Regular

July 2002
Re: FS: QLD MA61 Supra Tue, 31 August 2004 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thruan.. 2months, mmm I'm hoping it'll be gone by then.
I do have picks of interior on my home PC somewhere. Will have to dig em up.

Rego is till 15 Nov 04 from memory. I might hold onto it a little while longer if need be but I travel a fair distance to work and need a 4-banger. No prob's with starting - sometimes it has a little trouble to start when it's hot (ie driven for 45mins - 1hr or more). I think it's got to do with the coil???
I've taken it to the 3 different auto-elec's and they each said there's absolutely nothing wrong with the starting system. I've even cleaned all of the wires to the battery etc in case it was a bad earth. It's a bit moody, sometimes it'll be fine for weeks, then one time it'll give you the "tick, tick, tick". lol
I put new sparkies in about 30,000 kms ago too, but I didn't think that'd have any impact on the hot starts?

Sprinter - i'm about 5 mins north-west of Briz. I've seen very very few mk2's on the north side period. Might be a few on south side not sure. I drive to work and back each day and I may spot a mark2 maybe once every 2 or 3 weeks. I had my mk2 at all toyota day this year aswell. Was only one other mk2 there it had candy flake red paint job.
steeko
Regular

July 2002
Re: FS: QLD MA61 Supra Wed, 08 September 2004 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This car MUST be sold, I have another car in my sites.

$2000 or nearest offer.
Thruan
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: FS: QLD MA61 Supra Wed, 08 September 2004 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ARGH!!! im seein what i can do about putting off my depts so i can buy it then pay my depts later. dont know yet but im working hard on it.ill let you know next week. if i can i would be able to buy it within a mth but like i said i dont know if i can yet....whats she like on fuel on the highway? cause i live in mackay qld, which is like a 12 hour drive nth from brissy, and was gona fly down and drive it back up.and what do you mean by 'tick,tick,tick' is that from the starter motor?anyway ill let you know soon as possible. my email is walkerspyder@hotmail.com if you find those interior pics.

[Updated on: Wed, 08 September 2004 03:59]

steeko
Regular

July 2002
Re: FS: QLD MA61 Supra Wed, 08 September 2004 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thruan..
yep, it's a fair way to Mackay. The starter wiring is still
sh!tting me. No auto elec knows jack about these cars. I cleaned up the connections on the wiring for the starter yet it still gives me grief. Now it starts when hot, but not when cold!!!
The rear 2 tyres are a little down on the inner side cuz the camber must be set inwards a little. The front strut control rods bushes are squeeking now too (great). I haven't had time to get the safety cert for this.. $1750 unregistered (will probably need 2 new tyres for rear).
steeko
Regular

July 2002
Re: FS: QLD MA61 Supra Wed, 08 September 2004 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
btw for fuel..
I did straight highway driving this week.
371 Kms travelled took 37.8 Litres (BP Ultimate).

As for inner city driving - sheesh.. it's now around:
130 Kms travelled took 20 Litres (BP ultimate).
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: FS: QLD MA61 Supra Wed, 08 September 2004 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've passed this one onto a friend looking for a MA61..
This is a bargain price people! Smile

steeko - are you happy to have your car leave QLD for a happy home in WA??! Very Happy

Wish I had the money for it... i could have a whole Army of white Mk2 Supra's!! hahaha

Damo
TRD 83
steeko
Regular

July 2002
Re: FS: QLD MA61 Supra Wed, 08 September 2004 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WA_TRD_83, I dont really mind where the car goes. Of course I'd prefer it to goto a fellow Toyota enthusiast. I know if I park it on the side of the road some ricer will buy it and destroy it.

Bargain price but it's gotta go. I'm also moving to a new place which duzn't have a garage, so I'm gonna get a little KE70 and maybe park it in one of those super cheap car accomodation thingies if they're worth it.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: FS: QLD MA61 Supra Wed, 08 September 2004 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks very neat, same as my supra Evil or Very Mad

free bump, hope it goes to a good home. Very Happy
The Wombat
Regular

February 2004
Re: FS: QLD MA61 Supra Wed, 08 September 2004 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would you be able to arrange shipping to another state at cost to the buyer and/or would you be able to make sure it would meet a transporter at your end if one was arranged
steeko
Regular

July 2002
Re: FS: QLD MA61 Supra Thu, 09 September 2004 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wombat - yeah mate that wouldn't be a problem.
I'm not sure of the costs involved to transport it down to Victoria, I'm guessing around $600 through a transport company???
The Wombat
Regular

February 2004
Re: FS: QLD MA61 Supra Thu, 09 September 2004 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
assuming i get rid of my falcon for my asking price $2k ono(which is pretty low for whats been done to it, wanna do a trade lol) Razz i probably will take it (no promises) but ill also get some quotes for transporting as well where exactly do you live in QLD
steeko
Regular

July 2002
Re: FS: QLD MA61 Supra Thu, 09 September 2004 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Wombat,, good luck with the sale of the falc. I would do a swap but i'm getting a 1.3L corolla cuz I do alot of Kms - trying to get away from the 6cyl.
With petrol as it as you need to be rich to run a 6.
By the way I live at Newmarket at the moment, about 5 to 7 mins North of the Brisbane CBD. I am moving in 2 weeks time to Thorneside which is about 35 - 40 mins East from Brisbane CBD. So I can have the car at any one of these addresses. When I get my digi cam back this weekend, I could take some video footage of it if that helps? And post it online for you to download.
The Wombat
Regular

February 2004
Re: FS: QLD MA61 Supra Fri, 10 September 2004 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that would be great, now i just have to see how well mine does if anyones intrested just ask sorry to hijack the post Razz
steeko
Regular

July 2002
Re: FS: QLD MA61 Supra Mon, 13 September 2004 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got pics of engine bay and seats etc on weekend.
Can't upload from home at the moment, so I'll bring em into work to try to post there.
The Wombat
Regular

February 2004
Re: FS: QLD MA61 Supra Mon, 13 September 2004 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
np
Thruan
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: FS: QLD MA61 Supra Mon, 20 September 2004 01:08 Go to previous message
hey guys. 1750 sounds good to me Cool , its pushing my buget but i want this car. do you have the RWC for it? ive got a friend down in brissy that i would like to look at the car for me.is that cool? i am busy at work atm so i can't get down there for 3 weeks it'll be around the middle of oct. ill let you know exact date when i find out.so yeah let me kno and ill get my mate to ring you to arange a time to look at it.if you could can u send those pic's and vid or whatever to my emailwalkerspyder@hotmail.com and yeah 0407962667 is my mob.so txt, email call whatever and let me kno so i can arrange everything.

[Updated on: Fri, 24 September 2004 03:11]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FS:PICS OF THE KE25 ***SOLD***
Next Topic:Sprinter 4Sale $2700 ono
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 11:07:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066299438476562 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.