Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rcodea
Regular

June 2004
realistic 1g power Sun, 12 September 2004 22:04 Go to next message
alright, i have been looking around for some time now, and i just simply cant find all that much information about the 3rd generation 1ggte and its reliable power potential. i know you can turn up the boost about 2-4 more lbs without messing things up, but i need something like 300hp, with the fattest torque curve possible. is this honestly a realistic gaol, or am i still dreaming. i can get parts from japan with out a problem.

Ryan
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: realistic 1g power Sun, 12 September 2004 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
300hp is a walk in the park for a 1G. All you'll need is a suitable turbo and engine management.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: realistic 1g power Mon, 13 September 2004 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and the money to purchase those bits Smile

Don't forget fuel system. Not sure how much the stock one is good for. They are 330cc injectors from memory?
rcodea
Regular

June 2004
Re: realistic 1g power Mon, 13 September 2004 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alright, so its apparent that i need to change out turbo/s. what do you guys recomend? single or twin? and what would you recomend for the engine managment? i dont know enough about toyota ECUs, cant i just have it reprogramed instead of popping for a whole new system?

Ryan
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: realistic 1g power Mon, 13 September 2004 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
300hp. I guess your talking about at the wheels
thats rougly 200kw.

165rwkw is the limit of the stock turbos with aftermarket management and stock cooler running 16psi.

so you havent got much to go.
boxh34d
Regular

May 2004
Re: realistic 1g power Mon, 13 September 2004 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does anyone know what the power potential is with highflowing the standard turbos?? or is that 165 rwkw with highflowing??
just out of curiosity.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: realistic 1g power Mon, 13 September 2004 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought he was talking about 300hp at the engine and that would be even closer to the 165rwkw mark.

Is your car auto or manual? If it is auto, you would have to piggy back a computer to the standard one as it runs the auto.

so are you looking for 300hp at the wheels or at the flywheel?
rcodea
Regular

June 2004
Re: realistic 1g power Mon, 13 September 2004 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
defanety at the wheels, and manual. i figured 300hp was about as much as i could get out of a 2L, but the way you guys are talking, 300 is just over the stock turbos and just under the next turbo upgrade. if i can get more with about the same money, i'll be glad to take it. just let me know what i have to do to get to my goal, anything over that is icing on the cake.

Ryan

PS
in all my surches, i have yet to find a site that talks about how a 1g responds to mods. any info would be great here.

[Updated on: Mon, 13 September 2004 15:12]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: realistic 1g power Mon, 13 September 2004 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you are looking for 300rwhp I would be looking at a t04 single turbo kit. Supraman on here seems to have them fairly often and usually around $1500-$2000ish. Then you would need a good intercooler, some injectors around 440cc to be safe (I don't know what fits 1g), exhaust and ECU.

There may be some other things that I have forgotten Smile

I couldn't tell you how this would drive as I only had a near stock 1g, but going by that, if you were to put a large t04 on it, I think it would be pretty laggy and then REAL fast! Smile
Do a search on "1g t04" though as I am pretty sure someone asked about it a couple of weeks ago.
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: realistic 1g power Mon, 13 September 2004 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some facts.

1ggtes have a seperate computer for the auto.

Injectors are 225cc for gen1 and gen2 245cc.

Turbo $1850 (GT25 8004 - .64 turbine cover .8 TO4S compressor cover)
HKS exhaust manifold $500 (second hand)
Computer $1400 - (microtech LTX8 specially configured)
Injectors $300 - (7mgteu plug striaght in)
Intercooler $400 - (hybrid)
Throttle body $100 - (EB manual falcon)
Coil pack $60 - (EL falcon 6 pack)
Ignition leads $100
Exhaust dump pipe and cat and intercooler piping $1600
Machining $450 - (adaptors for turbo and inlet manifold)
Temp sensor $60 - (Delco)
Fuel pump $400 - Bosch motor sport
Upgraded fuel line $50
All the things that I forgot $400 - clamps, piping, electro plating bolts etc
Dyno ??? - haven't got the bill yet but will be around $500.

About $8200. Then you need to factor in lots of weekends to assemble all of the gear and to put it all together. I have full workshop facilities so could do the fabrication of brackets etc myself. I also did all of the wiring.

The car was dyno'd yesterday and delivered 200kw at 13 psi!

I also fitted a 6 speed gearbox at the same time.

Craig
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: realistic 1g power Mon, 13 September 2004 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By the way I paid $200 plus shipping for the motor as the one I had in the car was dead.
rcodea
Regular

June 2004
Re: realistic 1g power Tue, 14 September 2004 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the help guys, i really do appreciate it. i guess i should add that i am looking for something that i can drive around daily in the terable weather we have here in Colorado, USA. everything from snow to hail to ice. i need something that will give me great low-end responce and power just off idle if possible. so i figured that doing a pair of slightly larger and more efficient turbos would be more what i am looking for. i figured on the new injectors and the engine managment too. but i am honestly looking for a great responding engine that i can get as much power out of as possible. i hear that HKS makes a twin kit that delivers 300+ right out the box. anyone know bout that set up?

Ryan
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: realistic 1g power Tue, 14 September 2004 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Find out when i eventually get mine on the dyno, lets hope within the next millinuim.
dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: realistic 1g power Tue, 14 September 2004 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ddeane, thats pretty much the same set up as what im running, except different turbo and im running the mtx8 comp.

would be interested to see your dyno graph, and power output when the boost gets wound up.

some pics of your set upwould be nice too see also Cool
rcodea
Regular

June 2004
Re: realistic 1g power Wed, 15 September 2004 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dcving, how does your set-up run on the street? is lag a big problem with you? what RMP does yours hit full boost? and you around 200KW as well?

Ryan

[Updated on: Wed, 15 September 2004 01:12]

ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: realistic 1g power Wed, 15 September 2004 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve

What Turbo are you running?

Craig
rcodea
Regular

June 2004
Re: realistic 1g power Thu, 16 September 2004 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
by the way, what is the rod and stroke lengths?

Ryan

[Updated on: Thu, 23 September 2004 19:30]

rcodea
Regular

June 2004
Re: realistic 1g power Thu, 23 September 2004 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve and Graig, anything new on your projects?

Ryan
TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: realistic 1g power Thu, 23 September 2004 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi there....

Steve has a to4e..... has made 208kw.

i also have a to4e, though different to steves.... with a factory computer and injectors it has run 12.5 @ 110.8 mph so far (only been to one meet).

it is a little lagier than the factory set up.... but i reckon it makes the same power at the same revs - ie - old set up at 3000rpm - 15psi, new set up makes bout 8 psi by 3000rpm... feels bout the same except the new turbo continues to make sheaps more power as the revs rise.

i would NEVER consider going back to factory twins.

Craig, you have to be happy with that result so far...

Cheers
Stew
dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: realistic 1g power Fri, 24 September 2004 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ya pretty much what stewy said, as for being laggy ya it is a little, not long ago i fitted one of pauls boost controlers, which made it come on a lot better i think.

a few changes will be made, and another tune and ill be back down there for another run, as ive only racked up a 13.4

(no smart ass comments from stewy needed, as i already know im lazy Razz )
rcodea
Regular

June 2004
Re: realistic 1g power Fri, 24 September 2004 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so with a t04e, there is slight more lag, but that can be drastically improved through boost controlers. see, i always thought that having two smaller turbos would spool faster and have less lag than a single setup. i guess i was mistaken. are your setups actually daily driver material? i figure they must be. you guys wouldnt happen to have dyno sheets would you?

TOY77, are you saying that you didnt change the fuel maps or injector sizes with the t04e? as in you bolted it on and went for a drive?

Ryan

[Updated on: Fri, 24 September 2004 04:34]

TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: realistic 1g power Fri, 24 September 2004 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi,

yeah mate thats exactly what i'm saying....

you will be surprised just how well it runs.....

the AF are rich but safe... and everywhere else it drives like a dream.

Cheers
Stew
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: realistic 1g power Fri, 24 September 2004 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rcodea,
you will be able to make 300hp at the wheels with garret gt25 (also referred to as a t04s of some description) - these are rated at around 440hp, with 0.82rr housing, they are only 1.85/2.12" turbine dia and should boost pretty quickly - power will not be too 'light switch' either.

Having said that; I don't have a 1G and I am running a GT30 on my 1.8L 4 cyl (I like top end and neck snapping power delivery).
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: realistic 1g power Fri, 24 September 2004 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Craig, good to hear you got your 1G together & making the numbers you wanted.

Will you be at the CCG dyno day? Chat to you then....

Cheers
Phil L
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: realistic 1g power Fri, 24 September 2004 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There was a guy getting around on the preformance fourms and he has clamed to be making 450+ rwkw with a 1G but he has custom everything and an 800hp turbo

Stew
The turbo that you have is that the one from kristian

BEN
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: realistic 1g power Fri, 24 September 2004 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phil

I fly out to PNG on the 25th so have not yet worked out the dyno day. Chances are looking better.

My car is even fatter down low with the GT25 than with the standard turbos. I am making around 45 rwkw at 2000rpm with quite a bit of boost on board. It makes the factory configuration seem laggy. I have changed a lot of things so may be some reward for that. I am also sure that there is lots of benefit in have Jake Edwards do the tuning for me.

Have to have some work done on the idle so may get the boost turned up and see what it provides.

Craig
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: realistic 1g power Fri, 24 September 2004 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Craig,
Great to hear about the car! How long are you at PNG for?! I wanna see the car! Nod
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: realistic 1g power Sat, 25 September 2004 06:38 Go to previous message
Max

For 18 month to 2 years, and no you can't borrow/look after the car. I should be there for the dyno day on the 24th.

Craig
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:which low pressure pump?
Next Topic:1jzgte to MX83 Auto 2
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 17:31:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0071020126342773 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.