Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Chriph
Regular

May 2002
ta22 3t-gte Sun, 06 October 2002 06:20 Go to next message
Just had a look at the trading post and there was a ta22 advertised as an unfinished project - 3t-gte with haltech, and a big turbo. Price was $2750. It's in Queanbeyan in NSW, just next to Canberra ACT. PH: (02) 6297 3918.
  Send a private message to this user    
physh
Regular

May 2002
icon5.gif  Re: ta22 3t-gte Sun, 06 October 2002 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
think thats a good price for it?

"TA22 WITH 3TGTEU,1.8 LTR TWIN CAM EFI, HALTECH F9, 3" MANDREL EXHAUST WITH BRAND NEW HIGH FLOW CAT, TWIN SPOT FRONT CALIPERS, 400HP TURBO AND CUSTOM MANIFOLD, 32mm WASTEGATE, MODIFIED EXA BUCKETS ("TURBO" PRINTED ON BACKREST), SURGE TANK AND VL TURBO PUMP, UNLEADED FUEL FILLER FITTED IN ORIGINAL FILLER NECK, HEAVY DUTY CLUTCH, UNFINISHED PROJECT. HAVE ALSO CUSTOM INTERCOOLER NOT INCLUDED IN PRICE. CAR IS ALMOST FINISHED AND NEARLY READY TO ENGINEER, OVER $8000.00 SPENT. WILL FINISH FOR BUYER FOR A PRICE."

Chriph
Regular

May 2002
Re: ta22 3t-gte Sun, 06 October 2002 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry I didn't actually see that one. This is the ad I meant: Celica TA22 3TGTEU, 1.8 twin cam EFi turbo, Haltec, big turbo, unfinished project, $2750 QUEANBEYAN 02-6297 3918 - if the car itself is in decent shape and it doesn't require too much more for rego then it's a great price, especially if the haltech's already been set-up. If I had the money I'm spending getting an engine rebuilt (another 3t-gt) I'd probably buy it myself, oh well... there always seems to be an even better bargain appearing after you spend all your money. If anyone's really interested in it and not from around here, let me know and I might be able to pop out there next week sometime - I'm kind of keen to see how it's set-up.
I couldn't find that other ad. Where did you find it? Sounds like it really is pretty much ready for engineering, which shouldn't cost too much ($350 or so)... and it's got 'turbo seats' - can't put a price on that. Be good to know the contact details, I might be interested in the intercooler, did you see them? Chris.
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: ta22 3t-gte Sun, 06 October 2002 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
holy shit if i were closer id be towing it home right now, thats a bargain.....DONT tell him hes dreaming Razz
physh
Regular

May 2002
Re: ta22 3t-gte Sun, 06 October 2002 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the guy runs Whiplash performance (www.whiplashperformance.com.au) and that's where i got the other ad. he's pretty switched on.

I just put a deposit on this baby.. so the car is mine... Smile
I'll pick it up next weekend - running and ready to load on the trailer.

the intercooler is custom made for the TA22 - he wants 250 for it with the car (prolly more if you want it separate), but it's gonna take some major freakin round with the throttle bodys / plenum (it faces sideways at the moment, i need it to face forwards) to get it on.

anyone had much luck putting a front mounted intercooler on a 3TGTE in a TA22? plenum etc?
also, is it worth putting a BOV on this sucker?

It seems like it's a good car, got cold air intakes, but an annoying bonnet scoop... but we'll see how it goes.

The Haltech F9 only does the fuel though... Sad

seats aren't bad either - out of a nissan pulsar Exa turbo. reasonably comfy and supportive. go through engineering like a breeze.

cheers

-nick
Chriph
Regular

May 2002
Re: ta22 3t-gte Mon, 07 October 2002 04:30 Go to previous message
Yeah if I'd seen that a few years ago I would have saved about 10 grand. Look forward to seeing it sometime. What's with the intercooler, is it crossflow? I'm looking at doing something similar in my ra28 pretty soon. Might check out the hybrid coolers on his website. Chris.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ta63(3t gte) for sale or trade for 4agze
Next Topic:FS:AE92 Corolla
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 07:48:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0034399032592773 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.