Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

**Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Sat, 28 August 2004 13:44 Go to next message
Time: 9:30 meet, 10am departure.
When: Sunday, 19th September.
Where: Bunnings Car Park, Camden Valley Way, The Cross Roads (approx. 3Km south f Liverpool)
Destination: Burragorang Lookout for a BBQ lunch, maybe a kick of a footy etc, then the scenic route home through Picton.

Well it's been a while since we've had a nice sunday BBQ lunch cruise (or any cruise for that matter Rolling Eyes ), and nor have we been anywhere new for a while, so we're going somewhere new.

We'll do the usual meet & greet at 9:30, where I should also have some maps to hand out, then leaving at 10am we'll make our way along Camden Valley Way. This takes us west then south, where we take the Camden Bypass down to Burragorang Rd, which is a nice long country road leading to our lunch stop.
We'll fire up the barbie, burn a few snags & have a good old baggin' braggin' & bench racin' session. Very Happy

Once we've had our fill, we'll pack up & start heading back up Barragorang Rd but we'll turn off at Barkers Lodge Rd, heading south, & follow that down to Picton.
Once we've had a bit of a refresher stop we'll head north out of Picton, towards Camden, maybe checking out Old Razorback Rd (with a name like that it's gotta be good! Smile) and depending on what time it is find a suitable fast food establishment to have dinner.

Don't forget to fill up with petrol, & bring along your CBs.

[Updated on: Wed, 22 September 2004 14:32]

Send a private message to this user    
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Sat, 28 August 2004 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if your in ya celica i might be interested
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Sat, 28 August 2004 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrAiGzEE wrote on Sat, 28 August 2004 23:55

Snob! Razz Laughing

Pretty sure I'll be there Joel as my trip to Canberra that weekend is probably off the cards.. I might be best trying to ride along with someone though as the Corolla isn't in best health at the moment Sad
ScreaminRolla
Regular

October 2003
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Sun, 29 August 2004 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds good ill have to try and get this day off work.By the way Old razorback is a pretty good road Very Happy
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Sun, 29 August 2004 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lucid wrote on Sun, 29 August 2004 09:19

I might be best trying to ride along with someone though as the Corolla isn't in best health at the moment Sad

Lucids car is powered by an army or crickets Laughing If you've been near it you'll know what I mean.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Mon, 30 August 2004 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your timing sucks arse Joel. it's my sister's 21st the night before, so there is no chance i will be awake then.

i think there was this 20m tall piece of writing i saw just near smiggins holes yesterday which summed up my thoughts now....

"JOEL LOVES COCK"

Razz
Ms Puzzleman
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Tue, 31 August 2004 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not Sure if we can get the day off work but Craig and I are keen especially since this cruise is one that is closer to us Smile . Yaaay that means we'll be on time (days off permitting) since it's only 15 minutes from our house. Shocked
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Wed, 01 September 2004 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd be keen for this cruise... new ECU and boost controller would be in by then too. Very Happy
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Wed, 01 September 2004 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lucid wrote on Sun, 29 August 2004 09:19

CrAiGzEE wrote on Sat, 28 August 2004 23:55

Snob! Razz Laughing

Pretty sure I'll be there Joel as my trip to Canberra that weekend is probably off the cards.. I might be best trying to ride along with someone though as the Corolla isn't in best health at the moment Sad

hehehe Razz

nar ill meet up with you guys at the BBQ. good to catch up been a while
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Fri, 03 September 2004 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool i will get the day of work. it like 5 min drive to bunnings
from our place
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Mon, 06 September 2004 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod and I will prolly be there, we usually are...... But what is with the sunday cruises ppl???
Man there so needs to be more days in the week!
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Tue, 07 September 2004 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like fun. I'll be there for a nice cruise.
pannelvan_screema
Regular

November 2002
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Sat, 11 September 2004 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am there being one of the locals and all.
should be a good cruise
The cressy is all rimmed up.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Sat, 11 September 2004 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pannelvan_screema wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 12:34

I am there being one of the locals and all.
should be a good cruise
The cressy is all rimmed up.

Top stuff!! It will be good to see a few fellow westies along to a cruise for a change.. c'mon guys, there are plenty of us out this way! Very Happy
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Sun, 12 September 2004 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill try and make it, another for the westies! depending on if i can sort my brake problem first, dont need another acco.
`Cuda
Regular

June 2002

Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Mon, 13 September 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll try an be there joel.. Be good to catch up an say hi to you all.also to give the truck a good run B4 i go bush 4 a month or so

[Updated on: Mon, 13 September 2004 10:59]

JZX90T
Occasional Poster

December 2003

Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Mon, 13 September 2004 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is good were doing something out our way Very Happy
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Tue, 14 September 2004 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What's the approximate time taken to drive down?
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Tue, 14 September 2004 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't make it first up, but I may be able to catch up later though. On the corners though, not on the straights, I have to get used to FWD & only 66kW again Laughing hopefully Rolling Eyes

Where are you going to be stopping?
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Tue, 14 September 2004 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Sounds like fun. I'll be there for a nice cruise.

Im sure you will Smile is this gona be the first outing???

hmm im tempted to come... but I have to ask permission LOL
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
icon1.gif  Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Tue, 14 September 2004 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joorsh wrote on Tue, 14 September 2004 13:08

What's the approximate time taken to drive down?

Josh - Did you mean from the meeting point to the picnic spot, or from the Hills area to the meeting point?

The meeting point is about 15 minutes past Liverpool (just stay on the Hume Hwy until you reach the Crossroads). From there to the destination (Burragorang Lookout) I'm a little iffy on how long it will take.. When I've driven out there before it's been on a weekday and I haven't had to face Sunday drivers.. I wouldn't imagine it should take more than an hour and a half though. The return route could be a little longer but that's half the fun. Very Happy

Steve - The only real stop that's planned is going to be the lunch break out at the lookout.. Should hopefully provide a few nice hours of relaxation (I also spied a kiddies swing set when I went out there last, so I'm sure that at least a couple of Toymodders would be up for a little bit of public embarrassment Laughing )

Michael - Come along!! I want to see your Corolla gooooooo..!

Just a reminder everyone, it is actually a National Park area, so bring along some spare change to purchase a parking ticket (if you don't want to risk a fine).
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Wed, 15 September 2004 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Michael - Come along!! I want to see your Corolla gooooooo..!

well other than bieng allowed to escape for the day it would seem ill have a little problem with this cruise.... I only get 200kms to a tank and im not sure of to many servos in the national park Smile

and im not real keen on carrying extra fuel on a cruise

does anybody know some rough distances between some definate fuel points??

[Updated on: Wed, 15 September 2004 05:55]

puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Wed, 15 September 2004 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate there is fuel station's all the way from Liverpool 2 picton!
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Wed, 15 September 2004 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
getting to camden isnt the issue its the rest of the cruise .. if there is no service station for over 200kms i will run out of fuel mid cruise, i.e if the cruise through national park from station to station is longer than 200kms, i am screwed.

heres a rough idea on what my fuel consumption is.... Blacktown to Camden last friday night with some heavy sections of traffic but most of the time cruising and 3 or 4 spirited sessions meant I used quarter of a tank.... one way! Sad

so if im cruising 50% of the time with a few quick blasts the other 50% I wont get 200kms out of a tank. Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 15 September 2004 06:45]

ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Wed, 15 September 2004 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill have to come with the big commohore station wagon and bring everyones supplies Cool

Ben.
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Wed, 15 September 2004 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool Ill have a support crew Razz
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Wed, 15 September 2004 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IRA11Y wrote on Wed, 15 September 2004 16:40

so if im cruising 50% of the time with a few quick blasts the other 50% I wont get 200kms out of a tank. Very Happy

Hahaha... don't you mean transport and competitive? Razz Wink

We're not actually going THROUGH the National Park, it's just that the place we're stopping at is operated by the NPWS (hence the parking fee). I would think a refuel at Narellan (before the road up to Burragorang Lookout) would give you plenty of juice to get up there and back through to a servo at Picton afterwards (fuel choice may be limited there though - BYO octane booster Wink ).

But, well... If you're not allowed to come... Wink Razz
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Wed, 15 September 2004 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I havent asked permission yet... but im getting to it LOL
Pube
Regular

May 2002
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Wed, 15 September 2004 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like you will be cruising through my back yard!! Though celica isnt finished so i will have to bring the subaru.

Burragorang Rd isnt a bad Rd especially in the arvo when everyone is trying to get home, it turns into a bit of a race track with a nice high speed S bend just before you hit the Oaks.

Old Razorback Rd is a tight little number. You just have to hope no one is heading back in the other direction. Also hope no one goes over the edge. Shocked

I will be meeting you on Burragorang Rd. Looking forward to seeing yas out there!
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Wed, 15 September 2004 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

liverpool, M5 turn off, narellan, camden, i think 'the oaks' has a petrol station. i vaguely remember there IS a servo near the lookout (or near the hill down 'into' the valley, can't remember the name of the locality there)

you can pick up a jerry can from my place if ya want Wink

i might come for the start of the cruise, as i'm heading out there anyways..

Cya, Stewart

IRA11Y wrote on Wed, 15 September 2004 16:40

getting to camden isnt the issue its the rest of the cruise .. if there is no service station for over 200kms i will run out of fuel mid cruise, i.e if the cruise through national park from station to station is longer than 200kms, i am screwed.

heres a rough idea on what my fuel consumption is.... Blacktown to Camden last friday night with some heavy sections of traffic but most of the time cruising and 3 or 4 spirited sessions meant I used quarter of a tank.... one way! Sad

rotatr
Regular

April 2003
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Wed, 15 September 2004 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill see if i can make this one Rolling Eyes

fingers crossed the spare w40 ill be putting in on friday is ok Smile

also the distance from camden to the lookout and back to picton isnt that far.

its definately not 200kms Smile
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Wed, 15 September 2004 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pube wrote on Wed, 15 September 2004 20:39

Burragorang Rd isnt a bad Rd especially in the arvo when everyone is trying to get home, it turns into a bit of a race track with a nice high speed S bend just before you hit the Oaks.

Old Razorback Rd is a tight little number. You just have to hope no one is heading back in the other direction. Also hope no one goes over the edge. Shocked

yeah, coming back from the oaks down the 'old coal road' onto the straight is a favourite place for young kids to lose their lives at high speed Sad, excellent runup down the hill

i'm glad someone mentioned that ORR is tight.. it's bad enough riding a bicycle down there at speed Laughing, and have had a few close calls (as well as friends go off!!) the main road is ok, and higher speed limit, but again, you don't wanna come off Wink

razorback lookout is good on a clear day (and at night when there are bushfires...)
dylusion
Regular

May 2002
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Thu, 16 September 2004 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am pretty keen for a cruise... permitting my gearbox is back in and in an operating condition... Very Happy

What is the affair... we bring our own meat.. etc?

Cheers, Lucas.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Thu, 16 September 2004 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dylusion wrote on Thu, 16 September 2004 15:37

I am pretty keen for a cruise... permitting my gearbox is back in and in an operating condition... Very Happy

What is the affair... we bring our own meat.. etc?

G'day Lucas - Food (generally sausage sandwiches) will be available on the day for a small cost. If you want to BYO then there shouldn't be any drama with that, but we'll be bringing along a BBQ to cook the food up for everyone anyway.. Smile
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Thu, 16 September 2004 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yay my back brakes work now so im def going Very Happy look out for the multi-coloured sprinter Very Happy Very Happy
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Thu, 16 September 2004 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will do - Will be good to meet you dude!
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Thu, 16 September 2004 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
likewise Smile will also be going to the monthly meeting (monday night?) hopefully to join up, only been meaning to do it for about four years Embarassed

[Updated on: Thu, 16 September 2004 09:06]

dylusion
Regular

May 2002
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Thu, 16 September 2004 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul - cheers mate... i went on a cruise before and it was a byo affair... but if you guys are taking a bbq... well i am happy to pay! Smile
dylusion
Regular

May 2002
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Fri, 17 September 2004 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok... i am in.. my gearbox is done... i will be there Smile
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Fri, 17 September 2004 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool Lucas me and Cassie will catch up with u. c ya there!
dylusion
Regular

May 2002
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Fri, 17 September 2004 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
puzzle man wrote on Fri, 17 September 2004 13:52

cool Lucas me and Cassie will catch up with u. c ya there!

Ahh a familiar face... will see you there champ... i have to try and work out how to get there first! :S damn not really knowing sydney! Very Happy
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Fri, 17 September 2004 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hopefully there won't be any problem finding the meeting point tomorrow morning, but here's a little map ('cos I know how much people like pictures Razz )

http://www.luc1d.net/images/map.jpg

The blue line assumes you're heading down the Hume Highway from Liverpool. After you veer right at the Cross-Roads, you turn left into Beech Rd. You will see a row of bushes etc on your left, and you need to take the first car-park entry that you see on the left (sign posted Bunnings). Once in that car-park, take the first left turn, then left again and that will be the car-park we're meeting in.

Lucas - Which area are you coming from? (I might be able to help out better with general directions for getting there).

Anyway, my mobile number is 0409 824 873 in case anyone gets lost in the morning. Smile
Levin4Kevin
Regular

May 2003
The M5 route Fri, 17 September 2004 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another route. If you are headed south on the M5 you will pass under Beach Road, keep to the left and then take next exit. Get off here at Camden Valley Way, turning left again. Then drive about 400m (not drag strip) up to the first set of traffic lights and turn right, thats Beach Rd at Bunnings. Hope to make it (family commitments) as its less than a kilometer from my place. If not, I'll try to pop in and say hi at the start.

Cheers, Kevin
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: The M5 route Sat, 18 September 2004 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anybody else heading down from Blacktown hills district?? want to meet up early and head down as a group?? gimme a call on 0438 817 333 or send me a PM maybe well meet at eastern creek shell serice station and take the back road out?
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Sat, 18 September 2004 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
c u all 2 morrow. i will put my car on the side of the road so u can c were 2 turn!
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Sun, 19 September 2004 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well it was a pretty good days driving and i did enjoy it quite a bit until the hail started to belt down at the end. So i'd just like to share a few words of wisdom....

joel - "well the weather held out after all"
"so offically the weather responsibility ends here?"

paul - "what colour are the clouds?"
"black"
"you have to worry when they are brown because that means hail"

paul - "i think its hailing guys"

startlet dude- "the servo has a roof!"
chrizer
Regular

October 2003
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Sun, 19 September 2004 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra Laughing So true, was a good day though, really enjoyed my frst toymods cruise.
When the hail started coming down I thought, "meh, its only a corolla" Laughing
Side note: BlackSupra I think you are more scared of red corollas than hail??? Rolling Eyes

Also thanks to Joel for organisation.

[Updated on: Sun, 19 September 2004 06:59]

Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Sun, 19 September 2004 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, it was quite an enjoyable drive. I'm glad a few of the local guys who came along were able to take us along some more interesting roads than what we had originally planned. A good mix of cars helped made it an interesting day as well. Smile

Yes the hail at the end of the day sucked, but at least it was fairly minor.. I don't think there's going to be any damage as a result.

Other quotes:

Glen - "That engine doesn't sound too good"
Me - "Just close the bonnet.."

Will put some photos up soon..
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Sun, 19 September 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A few photos Smile

http://www.luc1d.net/cruises/190904/

Chrizer - You must've been in the GZE70? Sorry dude, didn't realise that was you! Embarassed
chrizer
Regular

October 2003
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Sun, 19 September 2004 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah man, thats me. Smile
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Sun, 19 September 2004 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heres some of my pic
i love this pocket rocket
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/370000-370999/370203_225_full.jpg
this is what 48.some thing % dam level looks like
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/370000-370999/370203_227_full.jpg
did u know if we do not get rain IN THE CATCHMENT AREA the dam will b empty by dec 2006
any way here u go glen
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/370000-370999/370203_230_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/370000-370999/370203_229_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/370000-370999/370203_233_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/370000-370999/370203_232_full.jpg

[Updated on: Sun, 19 September 2004 09:11]

puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Sun, 19 September 2004 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was all good untill this
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/370000-370999/370203_234_full.jpg
QUICK EVERONE GET SOME FUEL
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/370000-370999/370203_235_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/370000-370999/370203_236_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/370000-370999/370203_231.jpghttp://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/370000-370999/370203_228.jpg
ScreaminRolla
Regular

October 2003
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Sun, 19 September 2004 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Had a great day,it was good to finaly have a cruise close to home Very Happy It was a shame about the hail but there dosent appear to be any damage.
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Sun, 19 September 2004 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey forgot to say thanks heaps Joel for organising this cruise. It was a nice change for us to not have to travel so far for the cruise meeting point. It was a good day. Plus we'd both like to say what a good effort it was for those who did have to travel as much as we normally have to, yay for you supporting the club (ie. lucus and company, Joel and family, and Glen Shocked )
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Sun, 19 September 2004 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The hail that pelted the back of my head in the maccas carpark was much bigger than that in the picture!

puzzle man wrote on Sun, 19 September 2004 19:29

Plus we'd both like to say what a good effort it was for those who did have to travel as much as we normally have to, yay for you supporting the club (ie. lucus and company, Joel and family, and Glen Shocked )

No worries. T!

puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Sun, 19 September 2004 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes it had melted a bit when i took that
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Sun, 19 September 2004 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A good day out... thanks Joel and the team, a good selection of roads on this cruise....that little run down the razorback confirmed everything about my car and that i have built it for all the right reasons... and thats before the suspension and brakes are all in hahaha go the body roll!!!

some nice driving by the little starlet in there too to keep out of the green stuff Wink bet you had to clean a stain or two when you got back home Smile Im glad i backed off a bit a few corners earlier or it could have been a different ending.

heres a link to some more pics.. dunno why I diddnt take many car shots.. oh well

http://ira11y.qnix.com.au/Toymodsevents/BungCruise /

Had a great time, thanks to all that were there for a nice social outing.. oh and you guys should have seen the hail coming thru the back of Eastern Creek... it was like snow when I went thru ... and I didnt even get into trouble for being late home Wink

[Updated on: Sun, 19 September 2004 10:05]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Sun, 19 September 2004 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice to see an ae86 there representing the driving club!

http://www.luc1d.net/cruises/190904/IMG_3830.jpg

i wish i could have come. looked liek a comfy lil cruise.
but my cars very sick at the moment. my poor lil girl.

also. whos 2 tone supra. holy shit thats nice!
dylusion
Regular

May 2002
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Sun, 19 September 2004 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers Joel for the high quality organisation... i must say the carbonated bevrages were nice and cold Razz Nah.. seriously tho... was a top day. Always good to find an excuse to go for a drive...

The hail was hell sus... came out of nowhere. I managed to find a park under the awning at the front door of the servo... gotta love having a small car Twisted Evil

Mic: heheh... few of those corners my car was acting somewhat like a RWD... but it is all good. I got home safe and did my washing! Very Happy
I tell you who was moving... (sorry champ i forgot your name Embarassed ) the guy in the champagne cressi... holy mofo... he was moving... nothing i couldnt handle tho Cool Razz
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: **Official Toymods Cruise: Burragorang Lookout** Sun, 19 September 2004 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
i could keep up on the straights, but the corners... damn my car handles like shit Laughing
i now know the importance of roadsigns. that intersection caught me way off guard!
and paul, thanks for the flattering photo of my car, thats about the only angle it looks half respectable from Smile
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:when can we have another AE86 cruise
Next Topic:;)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 12:05:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0098559856414795 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.