4.LAN Warfare 0 / 0%
5.LAN-o-War 0 / 0%
6.LAN Attack 1 / 4%
7.Knights of the LAN Table 1 / 4%
8.Kill Zone 1 / 4%
9.Nerd Killers 5 / 20%
10.OTHER (Below) 4 / 16%
11.LAN Combat Gaming Centre 0 / 0%

Trying to think of some names for a (possible) new LAN Gaming shop (NOT an internet Cafe, no internet at all, just 30-40 computers connected up playing games).

If you've got your own idea, let us know

[Updated on: Thu, 16 September 2004 03:27]

Send a private message to this user    
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: LAN Gaming shop names Mon, 13 September 2004 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lan-o-nerd? Razz

i cant pick, im useless.

[Updated on: Mon, 13 September 2004 12:47]

SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: LAN Gaming shop names Mon, 13 September 2004 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nerd-Hangout-type-place-with-the-games-and-the-all -the-killing-and-fighting

[Updated on: Mon, 13 September 2004 12:51]

SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: LAN Gaming shop names Mon, 13 September 2004 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nerd Killers
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: LAN Gaming shop names Mon, 13 September 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SupraPete wrote on Mon, 13 September 2004 22:48

Nerd Killers

I think you've got your answer right there buddy.... Wink
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: LAN Gaming shop names Mon, 13 September 2004 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wat about the lan we dont speak of and dare not enter Rolling Eyes
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: LAN Gaming shop names Mon, 13 September 2004 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Mon, 13 September 2004 23:10

wat about the lan we dont speak of and dare not enter Rolling Eyes

Your girlfriend?
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: LAN Gaming shop names Mon, 13 September 2004 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=45110&start=0&rid=4430&S=4257983bef0 3897f84d2b86874e55192
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: LAN Gaming shop names Mon, 13 September 2004 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
havent u seen that movie "The Village"
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: LAN Gaming shop names Mon, 13 September 2004 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LAN-OR-DIE.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: LAN Gaming shop names Mon, 13 September 2004 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"frags"

"the spawn area"

"the gibbed"

ummm...

i feel young nerds (me being one my whole life) would be most drawn to a name that kind of portrays a "secret underground establishment". this type of name would tap into their fantasy style mindset. Make them enthusiastic about going to your shop as they would be embraced by this underground community which i feel most nerds yearn for.

ill just throw a few things out in the wind

"its not gaming its a mission"

"gaming is life"

"live for the LAN re-spawn for the LAN"

hope this helps..
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: LAN Gaming shop names Tue, 14 September 2004 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nerd Killers rules!
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: LAN Gaming shop names Tue, 14 September 2004 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Losers And Nerds. (LAN)
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: LAN Gaming shop names Tue, 14 September 2004 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
These are great guys!

Love "LAN or DIE"

And Rob, your dead right about the "secret underground establishment" thats definately what we're trying to create. Away from the prying eyes of the public, where Nerds can be Nerds.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: LAN Gaming shop names Tue, 14 September 2004 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frag-Or-Die
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: LAN Gaming shop names Tue, 14 September 2004 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lan of the token ring. Fellowship of the frag.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: LAN Gaming shop names Tue, 14 September 2004 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One token ring to rule them all ...
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: LAN Gaming shop names Tue, 14 September 2004 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What about LAN Combat

Simple but effective.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: LAN Gaming shop names Tue, 14 September 2004 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Be carefully to think about your names properly. Some of the ones you have may end up sounding like a place for little kiddies to go and play their little kiddie games. The ones I think sound a bit childish are LAN Attack, Nerd Killers and Kill Zone. Although if done right, Kill Zone could be rather cool.

Rather that "It's not Gaming, it's a Mission", how about "It's not a Game, it's a Mission", but that is less a name and more a catch phrase.

Just off the top of my head:
Downtime
Live Fire
Duel

I'll think of some more later.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: LAN Gaming shop names Tue, 14 September 2004 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What about just Combat
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: LAN Gaming shop names Tue, 14 September 2004 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"I need a girlfriend"
or maybe should be the slogan

Lan war(or something)
if your here, you probably need a girlfriend.

[Updated on: Tue, 14 September 2004 09:48]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: LAN Gaming shop names Tue, 14 September 2004 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SupraPete wrote on Tue, 14 September 2004 17:41

What about just Combat

Too vague.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: LAN Gaming shop names Tue, 14 September 2004 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LAG - Local Area Gaming
LAW - Local Area Warfare

Or..

Digital Combat
"The place your children go to learn to kill people."

Wink , or:

Cyber War
"We make mass murder, FUN!"

I'm sure that will get the kids in. Could have some problems with parent groups though.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: LAN Gaming shop names Wed, 15 September 2004 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Need something for the sign out the front so that people (nerds) can see it and go "ooh, I wanna go there".

Cyber War or Cyber Warriors is good too.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: LAN Gaming shop names Wed, 15 September 2004 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What about:

Urban Combat
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: LAN Gaming shop names Wed, 15 September 2004 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about

"The Third Eye"

and you could have the little yellow smiley face as your logo with a bullet hole between the eyes.
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: LAN Gaming shop names Wed, 15 September 2004 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Call it TRON or Wargames Razz
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: LAN Gaming shop names Wed, 15 September 2004 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"gibb city"

"crosshairs"

"127.0.0.1"

"teh LAN"

"burnt retina gaming"

"respawn"

"the mega super happy fun LAN"

LAN as different acronym - "Last Audible Noise"

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: LAN Gaming shop names Wed, 15 September 2004 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Wed, 15 September 2004 10:40

"127.0.0.1"

Buauahah
"192.168.0.1"

"SuperLAN"

"LAN-O-RAMA"

"LANTHOLOGY"

"LANDROMAT"

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: LAN Gaming shop names Wed, 15 September 2004 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Tue, 14 September 2004 10:14

Losers And Nerds. (LAN)

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: LAN Gaming shop names Wed, 15 September 2004 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iLAN

EDIT: I've been dying to say 'LANtastic' but its some piece of ghey wif teh aids software package Razz

[Updated on: Wed, 15 September 2004 04:43]

SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: LAN Gaming shop names Wed, 15 September 2004 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Respawn is awesome.

Crosshairs is good too.

If we chose a name from one of the posts here we'll give them FREE MEMBERSHIP (dunno how much it'll cost). And probably some other bonuses too.

[Updated on: Wed, 15 September 2004 07:10]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: LAN Gaming shop names Wed, 15 September 2004 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about something like "Frag zone" or something with frag in it.. then u can have a crosshair over something etc for logo
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: LAN Gaming shop names Wed, 15 September 2004 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doesn't help me, I'm in Melbourne. Sad

What kinda games will you be focusing on?

Some more:
Operation LANWAR
Jack-in
and I still like Local Area Warfare

I think your best bet to get geeks into your store is to make the shopfront look cool and inviting. There is this place, Darkzone in Box Hill (Victoria) and the whole building is done to look like some futuristic bunker, looks real good.
If you could do something like that, it could help. But I dunno how much you wanna spend on the frontage.

I went to this really cool functions room once with work. You walk into what seems like an abandoned building and looks right out of the Matrix. You go through the big old wooden door and walk down a corridor with old polished floorboards and dusty old incomplete plastering job on the walls. You then go up the staircase that looks very old and worn, and I worried a little that the staircase may collapse.

Once at the top, you're presented with an old door with one of those old iron locks and handles on it. The door barely sits in the doorframe and you only have to turn the handle about 5 degrees for it to swing open. You then walk out across a tiled floor, but not to seem out of place, it is cracked and some tiles are missing. To your right is an old window looking out across the street from the second floor and ahead is a massive mural on the wall. Left of that is the main function area. In the main area, the plaster on the support beams is smashed up, and there is no ceiling so you can see the air conditioning pipes, as well as a mass of wires going to lights. The interesting thing for me though was the mass of LAN cables that all gathered together along one wall and headed behind the bar. Now the back of the bar was only a piece of chipboard on it's side, and with no ceiling, I could see right over it to this massive network hub.

I followed these cables and walked around to the back of the bar. Back there, were about 15 computers all running the Matrix screen saver. There was also a row of servers and the network hub with little red lights all over it. It seems that during the day this place is an ISP, but during the night the receptionist becomes a bar lady, the chief network administrator becomes their Sushi Chef, and the whole place converts into a exclusive function room. To finish it off the 2 windows that overlooked the street opened up into little outside drinking/smoking areas, and there was a unisex bathroom. All that was missing was a pair of big leather lounge chairs. Obviously whoever came with this idea had seen the matrix like, a BAJILLION too many times, but it was still freekin' cool none the less.

So yeah, that’s an idea. Very Happy

Oh, and if you want any graphic design done for membership cards, logos, letter heads, scoresheets or whatever, I'm just gonna plug myself here, as I'm a graphic designer. So yeah, PM me if ya like.
maxdamage75
Regular

May 2002

Re: LAN Gaming shop names Thu, 16 September 2004 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about the title of this thread but with names removed? i.e. LAN Gaming Shop
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: LAN Gaming shop Thu, 16 September 2004 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Topic changed max.

Shraka, we're definately going to theme it. Would be cool to do a big old warehouse, but the shop we're looking at at the moment it wouldn't be possible. We're looking at getting a very small single room (3 others in the building).

The theme we both like is the "Sky Blue camouflage"

http://www.nexternal.com/armynavy/images/skycamo[1]8.jpg

Or the "Urban Camoflage"

http://www.nexternal.com/armynavy/images/boonie9[1]18.gif

We'd do up the room in camouflage - painting desks, monitors and keyboards, hangning netting up on the walls etc.

Would also be easy to have a uniform for working there. Jeans and a camou shirt.

Make it look like a military intelligence room.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: LAN Gaming shop Thu, 16 September 2004 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh heh, sounds cool. I like the cyberpunk idea better, but it's probably a hell of a lot harder to do.

And I would go further with the uniform, and have camo cargo pants too. Or just cargo pants and a plain green/gray (EDIT: errr, blue or gray) tshirt with the company name on it.

[Updated on: Thu, 16 September 2004 04:04]

crayz legz
Regular

January 2004
Re: LAN Gaming shop Thu, 16 September 2004 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey when you open up the shop can i plz have a job? lol. what about LANTRIX for the name? an just out of taste i think the grey camo is better. and another idea could b using dog tags for the mebership card/dog tags...
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: LAN Gaming shop Thu, 16 September 2004 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dog Tags are a great idea! no idea how we'd get them made though.

Will check out different camou colours when we need to chose. Name first.

crazy, you serious about a job? Where you live? Gimme a PM.
crayz legz
Regular

January 2004
Re: LAN Gaming shop Thu, 16 September 2004 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm sent
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: LAN Gaming shop names Thu, 16 September 2004 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 15 September 2004 12:58

rob_RA40 wrote on Wed, 15 September 2004 10:40

"127.0.0.1"

Buauahah
"192.168.0.1"

"SuperLAN"

"LAN-O-RAMA"

"LANTHOLOGY"

"LANDROMAT"

"The Gateway"
IP Address: 192.168.0.1

"Localhost"
IP Address: 127.0.0.1

"Subnet"

"su root"
"bash, grep, finger, ping"

"Domain SAS.trainingground.com"
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: LAN Gaming shop Thu, 16 September 2004 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheap dog tags:
Get some of those key ring tag things in black (you know, the little plastic ones that pop open) and put a little bit of white paper in there with their name and ID printed on it.
Give it to them on a bit of string and sell metal chains seperatly.

You could also have a premium membership that comes with proper metal dogtags.

Alternativly you could make up some kind of futuristic dogtags out of a laminated buisness card.
dwango
Regular

July 2004
Re: LAN Gaming shop Thu, 16 September 2004 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
o can i come n live in Sydney. uu's guys are gonna make some money. Sad
I rekkon to get people other than the standard PC computer users it'd be an idea to include a ps2 and/or xbox lan section too.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: LAN Gaming shop Thu, 16 September 2004 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres a place in brisbane called the bunker.. charge decent rates.. have all latest games.. about 70 comps and its full 24/7.. they rake it in
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: LAN Gaming shop Fri, 17 September 2004 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah The Bunker is shit hot. If we can get it half as good as those guys we'll be happy.
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: LAN Gaming shop Fri, 17 September 2004 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about 'fire in the hole'? Confused
jaikat
Regular

June 2004
Re: LAN Gaming shop Fri, 17 September 2004 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if your going for a army/spy theme here's a few suggestions

"Lantoon"

"Sporn of the Lan"

"Intel"
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: LAN Gaming shop Fri, 17 September 2004 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joyride wrote on Fri, 17 September 2004 15:09

how about 'fire in the hole'? Confused

thats awesome, i like that one
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: LAN Gaming shop Sat, 18 September 2004 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suprapete, are you going to have a theme inside the shop? i've heard of some places (i think chatswood) that have their shops all decked out in camouflage gear and jungle-like atomsphere. maybe thats taking it a bit too far...
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: LAN Gaming shop Sat, 18 September 2004 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you go back a page it describes how I want to theme it.
crayz legz
Regular

January 2004
Re: LAN Gaming shop Sat, 18 September 2004 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joyride-there isnt any themed net cafes in chatswood, unless u call themed being a dark room wif computers
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: LAN Gaming shop Sat, 18 September 2004 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SupraPete wrote on Sat, 18 September 2004 11:59

If you go back a page it describes how I want to theme it.

whoops my bad. Embarassed

i guess another good theme would be to make the place look futuristic like the space ship from Alien (the movie).
hmmm....something scary.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: LAN Gaming shop Sat, 18 September 2004 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah Alien theme would be cool too!

Wargames is a cool name too
crayz legz
Regular

January 2004
Re: LAN Gaming shop Sat, 18 September 2004 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about "the front"? as in a battle field?
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: LAN Gaming shop Sat, 18 September 2004 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about keeping it something non-descript, but interesting.

"Black Box"
"Black Books"
or add the Smile

"The Black Box"
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: LAN Gaming shop Sat, 18 September 2004 22:41 Go to previous message
.... Area 51....

(i woke up just to post this Surprised )
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:speading fine
Next Topic:things u'd never hear a chick say
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:02:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0087718963623047 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.