Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
2tg EFI wiring Sun, 12 September 2004 23:08 Go to next message
Just two questions. I've been translating my wiring diagram for a 2TGEU and can anyone tell me what the Vf pin goes to. On the diagram it joins up with a power and earth wire in something (relay, computer, switch etc). On the Diagram all I can make out is EFI (not much help).

The second question is what does the emmision control computer (OT pin) do, or more importantly is it better to include it back into my engine loom?

Thanks in advance

Az
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2tg EFI wiring Sun, 12 September 2004 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here's a wiring diagram I have for the 18R-GEU, which I thought was practically the same as a 2T-GEU. Apparently not though, because none of the stuff you're talking about is there!

http://www.norbie.net/images/eficirc.gif
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: 2tg EFI wiring Mon, 13 September 2004 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Norbie. essentially they are the same wiring, although the engine/diagram I have is slightly more indepth. I have attached a copy of the wiring diagram (haven't finished it yet) with the area in question circled in red.

http://www.geocities.com/khi_santh/temp/toyo-2tgeu .pdf

ps. feel free to point out anything else I may have gotten wrong.

[Updated on: Mon, 13 September 2004 22:39]

Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: 2tg EFI wiring Mon, 13 September 2004 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
::bump:: Very Happy

Could this be the diagnostic port??

[Updated on: Mon, 13 September 2004 22:39]

RT104GT
Regular

September 2004
Re: 2tg EFI wiring Tue, 14 September 2004 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From what I remember from my 3TGTEU...
OK from the Circuit B+ or Bee Plus as it is known is the switched 12 volt rail from the main relay. The socket marked with B+ E1 and Vf, I think is a diagnostic socket as it does not plug into anything. Unless it is the dashboard.
Where is the socket exactly? if I can find my old compuetrs and I havent thrown them out I will check for you but I think I tipped them years ago..

There is obviously some control exercised from the ECU chip. V possibly is Volts lower case f unknown, forward voltage, frequency? so many variations in electronics are possible only the manufacture would know. Suggest you check through other wiring diagrammes and eventually you may find a reference that is not abbreviated. An 2TGGEU handbook would work but cant help there. Why not ask one of the Jap shops in Australia who import 3TGTEU engines??

I doubt if it will stop the engine running as I used a 2TGEU computer to start and run and act as a get home computer for my 3TGTEU in 1984 long before any of this wiring information was released to the general public.

The computers are pretty basic, spark, injector pulse and and bit of engine management. Your EFI anti pollution computer uses some basic inputs from the O2 sensor in the exhaust manifold, throttle position etc and can be discarded. I never used it on the 3TGTEU engine. Dont forget also there is a speed limiter or cutout somewhere in the dashboard wiring to limit domestic models to 180 kph. Shaun Maloney can assist his number is elsewhere on these pages.

You know what the japs are doing to Nissan 280ZX EFI?? Chucking em out and fitting triple weber carbies. There is a message in there somewhere..

http://www.s130.net/photo/photo_01.html.

[Updated on: Tue, 14 September 2004 00:18]

Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: 2tg EFI wiring Tue, 14 September 2004 01:35 Go to previous message
I'm not entirely sure where it plugged into as I had stripped it out of a half cut TE71 before I was really sure what I was doing, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't into the dash. I'll have a look in the engine bay to see if there is a diagnostics port. Luckily I don't think the speed limiter is a problem as I stripped the engine wiring loom right back, and discarded anything that didn't belong. I do have the limiter chime so I too can make my car sound like Takumi Twisted Evil
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WHY does my 3tg act like a 3tc
Next Topic:Soarer MZ 12 brake pads
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 04:57:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058870315551758 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.