Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » cheapest way to get rid of your wrecked car?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
cheapest way to get rid of your wrecked car? Tue, 14 September 2004 03:04 Go to next message
i've got a completely stripped t-18 in the yard my partents are starting to bug me to get it out of here,
how do u guys normally get rid of yours, pay somsone to pick it up?
hmmm...whens the next council clean up?
  Send a private message to this user    
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: cheapest way to get rid of your wrecked car? Tue, 14 September 2004 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look in your local rag, there are people who pay 50 bucks and come and pick up your wreak. Its worth money due to the value of the metal.

Unsure if they like rolling or not. best to ask them
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: cheapest way to get rid of your wrecked car? Tue, 14 September 2004 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A mate of mine had a similar problem. He cut it into pieces with an angle grinder and went down the street on garbage night dropping a piece into each garbage bin that had space Smile
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: cheapest way to get rid of your wrecked car? Tue, 14 September 2004 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha classic.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: cheapest way to get rid of your wrecked car? Tue, 14 September 2004 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
call piccies. they will either take it for free or give you a few bucks if they want it or if its worth anything.
Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: cheapest way to get rid of your wrecked car? Tue, 14 September 2004 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
most places up here will only take a car for free if its still got an engine in it to make up the weight. and those ones also require wheels aswell.
but luckily weve got a couple of metal recyclers nearby who have contractors who will come and take almost any scrap metal as long as theres about as much as a cars worth in volume( usually a car full of shit in my case) they just pick it up with a crane and go.

i have never heard of anyone coming to take a car and giving you money unless its almost complete they only make $50 or so per car shell so theres no margin for them to pay you
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: cheapest way to get rid of your wrecked car? Tue, 14 September 2004 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
renegade auto salvage will pic up scrap cars for free, they're in SW sydney, dunno how far they go.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: cheapest way to get rid of your wrecked car? Tue, 14 September 2004 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you can get it onto a trailer, take it down to your nearest Simsmetal type place.. There's one out near Blacktown/Kellyville somewhere that my mate has gotten rid of a couple of shells at. Has even made money back from the steel. Smile
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: cheapest way to get rid of your wrecked car? Tue, 14 September 2004 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Post it up for free on Toymods parts for sale section... you'd be amazed what people will take if its free!
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: cheapest way to get rid of your wrecked car? Tue, 14 September 2004 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Tue, 14 September 2004 18:11

Post it up for free on Toymods parts for sale section... you'd be amazed what people will take if its free!

Only if it comes "with pics" hehehe
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: cheapest way to get rid of your wrecked car? Tue, 14 September 2004 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lucid wrote on Tue, 14 September 2004 18:14

Toobs wrote on Tue, 14 September 2004 18:11

Only if it comes "with pics" hehehe

too true.
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: cheapest way to get rid of your wrecked car? Tue, 14 September 2004 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another way to do it is like the "Hot" way by dumping the chasis in the river? Laughing
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: cheapest way to get rid of your wrecked car? Tue, 14 September 2004 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ZZT231 wrote on Tue, 14 September 2004 19:52

Another way to do it is like the "Hot" way by dumping the chasis in the river? Laughing

I also like the idea of taking the RTA up on their offer of "Dumped Cars Removed" (shown on electronic signs on the F3 Freeway heading North).. Laughing
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: cheapest way to get rid of your wrecked car? Wed, 15 September 2004 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats an idea, drag it with the landcruiser to out on the street and report it dumped

fairdinkum about the cars for sale section? ill take pics!
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: cheapest way to get rid of your wrecked car? Wed, 15 September 2004 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's how we used to do it. Grind off all identifying features, drag it out into the street and report it dumped.

The other way we discovered by accident. One night we parked in a busy suburban area and found a relatively empty car park. On return we discovered our we had parked in a private carpark and had been towed away by a private towing company. A taxi ride to the boonies and $165 later we were able to get our car back. Our revenge was easy. We drove all cars we needed to dump to this carpark and this towing company doing their citizenly duty would tow them away. After we dropped off the fifth one, the guard chased us with a bat demanding we remove our car. Laughing

[Updated on: Wed, 15 September 2004 08:53]

Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: cheapest way to get rid of your wrecked car? Fri, 17 September 2004 05:58 Go to previous message
my mate slowly chopped up a datsun pulsar and put bits out week by week in the garbage collection.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:PLEASE READ! FREIGHT COMPANY NEVER TO DEAL WITH!
Next Topic:locker VS lsd
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 03:34:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063540935516357 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.