Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
dgale86
Occasional Poster

November 2003
noob question Wed, 15 September 2004 15:47 Go to next message
hey guys, i'm about to get a celica off my uncle and all i can tell you that its an '86 SX model.

sorry about the lame question what can you tell me about it?
(we all have to learn from somewhere Razz )

are they good and what basic mods can i do to it to give it a bit of extra kick?

what engine and stuff would it have?

cheers guys...maybe i wont have to ask lame questions after this. i'm looking forward to getting it though.
  Send a private message to this user    

Re: noob question Wed, 15 September 2004 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your car is the ST162 Model. For information, go to the 'ST162 Dedicated Thread' in 'General Car Talk'.

Probly got a 3SGE 2L 4Cyl motor. Produces about ~110kw (SRTWINCAM will know). Most likely a 5 speed manual. These cars go hard!!! Put in terms of BASIC mods, try the usual Airfilter, CAI, Advance timing and perhaps and exhaust system!!! Also, if you game, try the JDM ECU. Of course, 3S-GTE would certainly give you a 'kick', but the depends on whether you want NA or turbo. Razz

Hope it helps!!! Anymore questions just pass em on!!! Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 15 September 2004 22:20] by Moderator

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: noob question Wed, 15 September 2004 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hrm...I wouldn't go bonkers with mods on an ST162, they're not really designed to go *much* quicker than they already do. Look up ST162, 3S-GE, 3SGE etc using the forum's search feature.

PM (private message) me with any questions that you are too lazy to search the answer for Wink
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: noob question Thu, 16 September 2004 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah stock the cars produce 103kw. they are fwd and they have really good handling. Smile
dgale86
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: noob question Thu, 16 September 2004 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers guys, i'm looking forward to getting it.
how do you reckon i'll fair up against my mates '88 SSS. We're both at similar driving abilities. (if anything i'm the better driver)

in the future i'll look at the exhaust and pod filter and other little things. I reckon i'll be getting new wheels too Smile
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: noob question Fri, 17 September 2004 02:48 Go to previous message
if you get a pod - box the bugger in - otherwise all youll make is wank noise and no extra power ..

Good boxed pod , and cold air induction will give you a few more HP to play with , instead of sucking in hot air from the engine bay ..

St162's are a great car - for what they are - and not many FWD's handle as good as them or look as sweet Smile Nice buy + good luck
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:locker VS lsd
Next Topic:Looking for a ra23/ta23
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:17:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055158138275146 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.