Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Miscellaneous » FS: RA65 celica F & R springs for sale !

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon1.gif  FS: RA65 celica F & R springs for sale ! Mon, 07 October 2002 23:13 Go to next message
I have for sale:

1 pr front JUMBOZ springs 1"
1 pr rear JUMBOZ springs 1.5"

been in car for 2 months, driven on for only 1 month only !!

$150 !!! bargain !!!

Please contact me Smiley =

(Ps reason for sale - I am going to dump my celica 3"s all round... 1/1.5 inches good for a cumfy ride)
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FS: RA65 celica F & R springs for sale ! Tue, 08 October 2002 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude...did I just hear you say you were going to dump your RA65 3" all round? You have traction problems now right? Well, they're going to get worse because the back of your car is going to look like this.

// \\
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: RA65 celica F & R springs for sale ! Tue, 08 October 2002 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe 2.5"s...

gotta see how low it sits with all the gear back in the car...

i want the supra rims to sit well into the guards... 2.5 - 3"s for sure Rolling Eyes
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FS: RA65 celica F & R springs for sale ! Tue, 08 October 2002 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You will end up with a SHITLOAD of negative camber on the back if you lower it more than what you already did. The IRS makes it do that.

Your car will handle worse, chew tyres and have no grip Sad
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: RA65 celica F & R springs for sale ! Tue, 08 October 2002 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if they fit ma61... consider them SOLD

where are you ?

cheers
ed
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: RA65 celica F & R springs for sale ! Tue, 08 October 2002 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: RA65 celica F & R springs for sale ! Tue, 08 October 2002 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JCMF... will the springs fit the MA61 ??? (I will maybe just get 2.5" then man...)

Ed - I am in Sydney, car is near Campbelltown... I will need to purchase the new springs first before I can package/sell them to you.. Cool may be a few weeks yet ok ALSO, i will need to check to see if they fit the MA61 first...
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: FS: RA65 celica F & R springs for sale ! Tue, 08 October 2002 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dudes the ra65 and ma6x supra share the exact same suspension and brakes, so they are interchangeable, i know this for a fact as i have done the aforesaid many times over now

for what its worth i have lowered a ra65 by 4 inches and there is a fair bit of negative camber but this is easily overcome, two ways i can think of are shorter struts to suit, which would bring it in a bit and/or grind out a section where the springs touches the chassis so the spring stays like normal and the car is lowered

cheers
wayne
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: RA65 celica F & R springs for sale ! Tue, 08 October 2002 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
les

have got the thumbs up on interchangability.

no probs having to wait a few weeks, suits me fine actually. will give you a deposit if you want it.

few q's though:

- whats the spring rate?
- they were custom made for you, or stock jumboz items?
- original $

cheers
ed
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: RA65 celica F & R springs for sale ! Tue, 08 October 2002 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spring rate ??

They were Jumboz custom springs...and they cost me $250 Smiley = so quite a bargain as i have not really used them!!

No need for a deposit - when they do come off, I will private message you ed !! (but yeh a few weeks, if you can wait)
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: RA65 celica F & R springs for sale ! Tue, 08 October 2002 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celicamad85 wrote on Tue, 08 October 2002 19:42

for what its worth i have lowered a ra65 by 4 inches and there is a fair bit of negative camber but this is easily overcome, two ways i can think of are shorter struts to suit, which would bring it in a bit and/or grind out a section where the springs touches the chassis so the spring stays like normal and the car is lowered

is the neg camber really that bad for the car ? will 2.5 to 3 inches affect the camber much then?

[Updated on: Tue, 08 October 2002 22:58]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FS: RA65 celica F & R springs for sale ! Tue, 08 October 2002 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes it will. The car will chew tyres and have no grip on a launch. Try looking at a Commodore wagon when its fully loaded, the back wheels look stuffed. Lowering an inch on an RA65 would make it to it a little, but thats cool, lowering say two more inches would make it quite bad unless you too some steps to overcome it.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: RA65 celica F & R springs for sale ! Wed, 09 October 2002 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: RA65 celica F & R springs for sale ! Wed, 09 October 2002 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spring rate:

ie how stiff are they?

hella stiff, kinda stiff, saggy like a tribesman's tits?

do you know the figures (guess not), or know what % over stock stiffness they are?

cheers
ed
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FS: RA65 celica F & R springs for sale ! Wed, 09 October 2002 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice analogy for the spring rates ed...shouldn't you be studying?

Les,
why you keep leaving blank messages?
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: RA65 celica F & R springs for sale ! Wed, 09 October 2002 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
biatches

-they are solid, minimal roll mate !!

-blank message - for an extra post jcmf

if you want the spring rate... exact.. ask ALLSPRINGS man... give them a call 9825 0355 ! they'd be able to tell ya !! Very Happy
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: RA65 celica F & R springs for sale ! Wed, 09 October 2002 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
solid is good Smile

does it hurt your kidneys to go over speed bumps? are they that hard?

allsprings> they did the springs for you?

sorry bout the 20 q's btw, just interested Very Happy

cheers
ed
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: RA65 celica F & R springs for sale ! Wed, 09 October 2002 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, the back of a xA6x Supra and and ra65 are the same, so springs etc are interchangeable... but I'm pretty sure, if not certain that the fronts are different. I think the stock Supra springs would 'raise' an RA65 a little at the front, so the other way round with lowered springs.... dunno.

I do know that most places have different a different spring for the fronts of Supras/Celicas even if the rear springs are the same. From memory, I belive King Springs even have a slightly different rear/celica spring because of the different weight/wheelbase etc etc etc between the two cars.

BTW anyone who slams their car for looks alone is an idiot. (like people who "fill the guards" with really tall ratio tyres and just end up loosing acceleration) I think 2" drop for an IRS celica is about the sensible max

ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: RA65 celica F & R springs for sale ! Wed, 09 October 2002 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*slaps forehead*

god, why am i so stupid!

all i was looking at w/ regards to interchangability was spring height... forgot that the ra65 only has that damn 22r in it... dammit!!

whack a 7m in there, and those fronts are going to be squished lower than anything found when on the ra65 Sad

LES, might have to get back to you again. if it all goes to hell up the front, will you separate?

cheers
ed

celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: FS: RA65 celica F & R springs for sale ! Wed, 09 October 2002 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7m , wow that is too psycho Shocked ....i looked into this but found if i was going to have to weld the mounts i may as well go with something a little bit newer.....like a 1uzfe ?.....yeah im dreaming Laughing

id go with stock height, ultra hard springs/shocks, and slightly softer on the back

low low cars suck, especially when you go into a carpark, driveway or mcdonalds etc.

major bottoming out Sad
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: RA65 celica F & R springs for sale ! Wed, 09 October 2002 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed - its 'livable' the suspension, not heappps hard... but solid
and yeah allsprings at Moorebank sorry !

Stefan, whats yours lowerd ?
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: RA65 celica F & R springs for sale ! Wed, 09 October 2002 13:21 Go to previous message
I have King Springs all round, the 40mm drop ones. (which I think works out to 1" and a bit, 1" 3/16ths or something stupid, just under 1.25" anyway)

If anyone wants to look at the rates of lowering sprigs for an ra65 from a few different brands, go to my site at www.speedtoys.com/~stefan, click mods, then springs. Just the info I got told/found out when I was looking a buying some.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE 82 Parts
Next Topic:f/s : apexi N1 muffler $350 .. silencer included > for N/A use
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 06:22:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058038234710693 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.