Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Project: Front mesh grill -celica

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Project: Front mesh grill -celica Fri, 17 September 2004 12:04 Go to next message
hi everyone

PROJECT: putting mesh in the fron grill

okay this one fairly simple but i think it looks good it is rice but it something someone else might like to do.

Equipment:
+ the mesh (approx $32 from repco)
+ tin snips
+ wire/other things to secure it with

Method

1) remove the front grill
http://users.bigpond.net.au/dunkymonkey/pic_files/image001.jpg
on the celica you will need to remove 13 bolts and 6 pop screws.
note the pop screws are a pain the arse to remove i broke 2 getting them out and didn't bother putting them back in as its behind the grill where the mesh is now
http://users.bigpond.net.au/dunkymonkey/pic_files/image003.jpg

2) you will need to cut the mesh into a more workable piece i found that if you but it in half long ways it will work generally well (note i was lazy and only used the one piece as the fod lights over up that its little bit too short)
then line up the mesh over the grill where you want it.
http://users.bigpond.net.au/dunkymonkey/pic_files/image005.jpg

then you need to cut around the top outer-edges to get it to sit flush up against the grill.
i used wire here to to secure the top of the grill around those edges you can wire it thru the wholes that the pop scres went thru on those edges. and for the bottom i found mine was fine just to fold over the edge as long as you remember to put it in and tuck it in well when you put the grill back on your car, it should look kinda like this now:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/dunkymonkey/pic_files/image007.jpg

this is where i had to cut out the foglight holes, but otherwise you can just go back and pop the grill back on the the car.

finished project look liks this:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/dunkymonkey/pic_files/image009.jpg
with fog lights on:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/dunkymonkey/pic_files/image011.jpg
another angle:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/dunkymonkey/pic_files/image013.jpg

So what do you all think, please give feed back i will probably do another write up for the battery relocation in the celica.
  Send a private message to this user    
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Project: Front mesh grill -celica Fri, 17 September 2004 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks good, and easy to do, now fix the oil leak thats causing the puddle in your driveway! lol

DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: Project: Front mesh grill -celica Fri, 17 September 2004 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would but that was from when i missed the oil opening on the top of the engine, car was burning off that oil for 2 days, god i hate that smell, i think some of that was from the busted CV boot from my last service.
OnAHigh
Regular

March 2004
Re: Project: Front mesh grill -celica Fri, 17 September 2004 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dude ,

i cant do that lil mod cause i dont own a celica , but it has given me ideas for the camry lol

looks pretty smick
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Project: Front mesh grill -celica Sat, 18 September 2004 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Think I might give it a go on my wifes 95 ZR celica hehe.

DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: Project: Front mesh grill -celica Sat, 18 September 2004 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah the mod isn't just for the celica owners, but i did it to mine and i don't know how to get other cars front bars off.

yeah i think it makes the car look cleaner, so i think it was worth the effort. you may also look into some metal clips they are around places to sell them.

so what does everyone think about the write up, any suggestions to a change in format or anything. will be doin a battery relocation one soon.
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: Project: Front mesh grill -celica Sat, 18 September 2004 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heres what the car looked like when i brought it in feb:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/dunkymonkey/pic_files/compare.jpg
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Project: Front mesh grill -celica Sat, 18 September 2004 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice nice Smile
duncansucks
Newcomer

September 2004
icon13.gif  Re: Project: Front mesh grill -celica Sat, 18 September 2004 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a few things to say about this "project".

1. it is pure rubbish!!
2. it is really really bad!
3. it looks shizenhouzen!

you would have to be the saddest mofo in the world to do that! i hope the wire corrodes, and little bits of it go through your air filter! also it is cheap! it is a rice car!

cya another time! cya ming!!! Twisted Evil
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Project: Front mesh grill -celica Sat, 18 September 2004 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jump back in your datto 120y and go away, lol
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: Project: Front mesh grill -celica Sat, 18 September 2004 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
real funny dick, my car is faster then yours!!!
duncansucks
Newcomer

September 2004
icon13.gif  Re: Project: Front mesh grill -celica Sat, 18 September 2004 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can't diss a dato 120y! they are beasts!

and to the dunckymonkey person who did the self lame mods,
i don't care that my car isn't as fast, i don't need to compensate for something!!!!(if u get what i mean! it is so tiny!!)
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: Project: Front mesh grill -celica Sat, 18 September 2004 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and this whole tiny, compensation crap, you are basing this on what??? why don't try and argue something with a fact not what ever your little mind and conjure.
Bourne Boy
Newcomer

March 2004
Re: Project: Front mesh grill -celica Thu, 23 September 2004 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DunkyMonkey wrote on Sat, 18 September 2004 23:55

my car is faster then yours!!!

Not unless his car is slower than 93 Daihasu Charade
Wink , hey dunky Laughing
Bourne Boy
Newcomer

March 2004
Re: Project: Front mesh grill -celica Thu, 23 September 2004 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
duncansucks wrote on Sun, 19 September 2004 00:12

i don't need to compensate for something!!!!(if u get what i mean! it is so tiny!!)

Yeah, and speaking of lame sunshine... you don't ussually state the obvious when your trying to crack a funny one....
Rolling Eyes
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: Project: Front mesh grill -celica Fri, 24 September 2004 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't look at me greggles, i didn't post that!!!
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: Project: Front mesh grill -celica Fri, 24 September 2004 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and speaking of which that rade didn't beat me, not yet anyway!!
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Project: Front mesh grill -celica Fri, 24 September 2004 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't worry boys, it's just school holidays again Laughing
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: Project: Front mesh grill -celica Fri, 24 September 2004 11:49 Go to previous message
yeah its prime time to get a speeding fine, ~i had mine, i just hope i don't get any more!!!~
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Polishing Rims... What next?
Next Topic:Toyota - Jeep tranny info...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 12:29:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0067968368530273 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.