Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MrJoo
Regular

May 2004
Aw11 vs *LOL* Sun, 19 September 2004 05:20 Go to next message
Coming home from a late night I was cruising at the legal speed limit of 80kmh. In the rear view mirror I could see something comin up fast. Must have been doin over 100+, came up right behind me, swerved to my left side and continued. He saw the lights turn yellow up ahead.. He could have kept goin but he braked hard so i could catch up to him at the red light. So i putter up the red lights. It was a " P " plater in a Hyundai Excel, Lowered, rims and a huge visible Tacho, sports muffler and the young driver was so laid back in his seat he couldnt see the supercharger sticker on the side of my car ( which i will be taking off soon ).He gives me a little rev and so did I. Light goes green I hear his tyre spin. I take off in fist gear and I literally slingshot past him with very minimal wheelspin. By the time I was at second and about to hit 80kmh where I didnt want to go over the speed limit, he was pretty far behind. So i just kept at 80 and the P plater in the excel decided to do the loser flyby thing again doin 100+.
I was like.. umm rrriigght Rolling Eyes ...

Send a private message to this user    
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Aw11 vs *LOL* Sun, 19 September 2004 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha nothing better than someone in a Riced up piece of junk, preferably a 1.5 SOHC or MR lancer.
jim8o
Regular

June 2004
Re: Aw11 vs *LOL* Mon, 20 September 2004 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing no words are need just watch the little face dude to the left
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Aw11 vs *LOL* Mon, 20 September 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
loser fly-bys are so gay. they should accept the fact that their car is not a performance car. i would love to take on a ricer to show them the real world Laughing
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: Aw11 vs *LOL* Tue, 21 September 2004 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wouldnt call it a loser fly by if its another car ur racing but in this case its only an excel so im 100% sure it is Very Happy
whats im tryin to say is that if ur mr2 is stock, u find most other car coming charging past you at bout 120km/h and might over take you aswell. trust me i've had many street runs since i bought my mr2, on a rolling u wont pull away from a slightly modded lancer, and a slightly modded pulsar SSS will overtake you. slightly modded sr20s get similar ET to mines at wsid
just reminding fellow aw11 owners not to get too cocky on the road,
unless u've got upgraded pulley, then all i can say is im jealous Smile
i need replace my slipping clutch first b4 i get one
MrJoo
Regular

May 2004
Re: Aw11 vs *LOL* Tue, 21 September 2004 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I wasnt getting cocky, as I stated before I was doin the legal limit, and I had no intention to race until he stopped quickly at the lights up ahead on the yellow to give me a run, and when I had hit 80 he was a far behind so I knew that it was over then so i kept at 80

Quote:

on a rolling u wont pull away from a slightly modded lancer, and a slightly modded pulsar SSS will overtake you

So.. even the stock 4ag + supercharger wont have the legs to beat lancer on a rolling start...

methinks the Gze is a little overrated then as i think lancers only have 74kw for the 1.5 and 88kw for the 1.8 and 92kw for the 2.0?
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Aw11 vs *LOL* Tue, 21 September 2004 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about a corolla sx (100kw) vs sss pulsar? a friends bro has one with exhaust and pod filter...
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: Aw11 vs *LOL* Tue, 21 September 2004 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MrJoo wrote on Tue, 21 September 2004 20:55

I wasnt getting cocky, as I stated before I was doin the legal limit, and I had no intention to race until he stopped quickly at the lights up ahead on the yellow to give me a run, and when I had hit 80 he was a far behind so I knew that it was over then so i kept at 80

Quote:

on a rolling u wont pull away from a slightly modded lancer, and a slightly modded pulsar SSS will overtake you

So.. even the stock 4ag + supercharger wont have the legs to beat lancer on a rolling start...

methinks the Gze is a little overrated then as i think lancers only have 74kw for the 1.5 and 88kw for the 1.8 and 92kw for the 2.0?

nah was having a go at u for racing man, i do it all the time. just wanna let people know u cant just claim victory at 80-100km/hs

yeah thats from experience i had rolling with lancers MRs before with exhaust as soon as i punch it i was bout half car ahead and never pull any further. they have slightly less power but weigh so much lighter aswell. have heaps of races against pulsars, u leave them dead first 2 gears and in third they just power right next to u, beyond 400m they prolly overtake you

its a 1.6L after all, but a tough one, with a supercharger it makes the car feel more like a 2.5L engine. put a nevo pulley and probably be in V8 territory.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Aw11 vs *LOL* Tue, 21 September 2004 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats why you turbo charge it... Evil or Very Mad

You have to absolutely positively leave these ricers behind.
only a 1.6.......... hehe looks at bens 10second mr2.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Aw11 vs *LOL* Tue, 21 September 2004 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MrJoo wrote on Tue, 21 September 2004 20:55

im pretty sure the gze with a pod filter would get over 100kw. had a gze in mine with pod extractors, exhaust etc, was killing lancers
Very Happy
MrJoo
Regular

May 2004
Re: Aw11 vs *LOL* Wed, 22 September 2004 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lancer's modded or not weren't an issue either on rolling starts and stoplights when i was driving the twinky around...
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: Aw11 vs *LOL* Wed, 22 September 2004 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you are not killing pulsar SSS and lancers (except evo's) in your AW11sc you really need driving lessons as you have as much power at you LSD equipped rear wheels (with the advantage of midship launch) as they do at the flywheel and weight is nearly the same.
AW11sc = 400mtrs in 15sec flat
Pulsar SSS = 16sec flat at best.
Lancers = slower again.
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: Aw11 vs *LOL* Thu, 23 September 2004 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
superaw11 wrote on Thu, 23 September 2004 02:25

If you are not killing pulsar SSS and lancers (except evo's) in your AW11sc you really need driving lessons as you have as much power at you LSD equipped rear wheels (with the advantage of midship launch) as they do at the flywheel and weight is nearly the same.
AW11sc = 400mtrs in 15sec flat
Pulsar SSS = 16sec flat at best.
Lancers = slower again.

i was referring to slightly modded pulsars. at wsid i see na pulsars run high 14s to low 15s. exhaust, airfilter etc... one had quad throttle bodies and i think the other had aftermarket cams. after few even runs with pulsars on the road i talked to them found out they only had full exhaust incl extractors and airfilter.

the rolling with a lancer really shocked me though, i mite not be good driver but its not too hard to take off in 3rd at 80km/h. then i look over and its still next to me. if u think about it, lancer = 86kw add bit more for mods, then taking their weight of under 1000kg??? (thats 150kg lighter then SSS and AW11). they mite lack low down torque, and have bad launch (fwd) but once they get going its not too bad

give u example what stock AW11 are like
heres my timeslip against new model integra

http://www.members.optushome.com.au/r32/Stuff/timeslip.JPG

its same with pulsars (and alot of other cars), i win the launch, then by end of third theyd catch up next to me, given more road theyd easily pass me
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: Aw11 vs *LOL* Thu, 23 September 2004 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mt friends versed a SSS pulsar in his AE82 86kw 4AGE and he kept with him
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Aw11 vs *LOL* Fri, 24 September 2004 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you didnt win... it was his BOOST mate * in voice of habib* Laughing
good work.
i raced a riced excel not long ago.. i forgot to put it into 1st when i stopped.. took off in secnond(my car takes off fine in 2nd too) and by the end of 2nd(95km/h) he was AGES behind
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Aw11 vs *LOL* Fri, 24 September 2004 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my friend has an N15 SSS, another friend has an 86kw FX GT corolla. The SSS beats the rolla, but its very close. and i beat em both with my 100kw 4age ae86 Wink
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Aw11 vs *LOL* Sun, 03 October 2004 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MY dad has an NI5 SSS, drove it today nothing special really, the brakes feel pretty shit with no give until the pedal is half way in, it's stock, but i didn't get a chnace to open it up as my mum was sitting next to me, by feel though, I reckon it would be pretty line ball between my corona my mums camry touring and the SSS. Once at higher speed the torque of mine and my mums car would see us win I feel.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Aw11 vs *LOL* Sun, 03 October 2004 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Sun, 03 October 2004 16:03

MY dad has an NI5 SSS, drove it today nothing special really, the brakes feel pretty shit with no give until the pedal is half way in, it's stock, but i didn't get a chnace to open it up as my mum was sitting next to me, by feel though, I reckon it would be pretty line ball between my corona my mums camry touring and the SSS. Once at higher speed the torque of mine and my mums car would see us win I feel.

be intresting to see how quick the SSS would go hey, I'd love to have a drive of one

[Updated on: Sun, 03 October 2004 07:40]

kyler
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: Aw11 vs *LOL* Fri, 08 October 2004 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SSS's can break 200km/h without too much trouble (speaking from experience) on an open road. I thought the SR20's generally had good torque?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Aw11 vs *LOL* Fri, 08 October 2004 02:10 Go to previous message
They have reasonble torque 179Nm stock from a 2.0l but it is quite high in the rev range remember my car has around 200Nm of torque and thgis is at 2,8krpm, thus I can sit on my nice fat curve between 2.8 to around 5krpm and reel him in. My car has seen 185 and was still pulling very nicely but I had to back off as there was a corner coming up and the fact that my tyres are rated to 210kph thus I dont want to push them too hard and have a blowout at that speed, my life is worth more than a fang.
mY sisters boyfriend had an N14 SSS and said that whne they were in canberra once he had it up over 200kph and then his passenger a little tipsy at the time thought it would be funny to put the window down. Lets just say that the window struggled to go back up up going down as it had power windows.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Hi there
Next Topic:civic vs r33 **RAIN**
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 22:35:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.068788051605225 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.