Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Half Way There - Progress pic :)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Half Way There - Progress pic :) Tue, 08 October 2002 06:40 Go to next message
Well after more than 12 months and numerous setbacks I am about halfway there with the new engine Smile

http://www.toymods.org.au/~rod/TRBO22/Almost%20in%20002.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 14 October 2002 04:38]

Send a private message to this user    
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Half Way There :) Tue, 08 October 2002 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can i have details plz???

Thanks
Ben
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Half Way There :) Tue, 08 October 2002 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet
thats looking damn good to say the least, keep it up hehehe hehehe hehehe

Nice plates too

Mani
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Half Way There :) Tue, 08 October 2002 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've seen that garage before somewhere!! Home Improvment??? Tim The T00L man???
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Half Way There :) Tue, 08 October 2002 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
12 months?!?
what on earth has dragged it out to 12 months?
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Half Way There :) Tue, 08 October 2002 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Draven,

Mate 12 months is easy to lose when your builing an engine ! You start with a budget then as you reserch things further you double the budget which is fine but everything takes longer. Engine hasn't even turned over and its on its second turbo and manifolding Smile (What can I say.. Build it once and build it right !)
Oh and add being married with a Mortage and there is your 12 months ! Prolly be another 6 before it running again !

Cool 1,

Your just Jealous Wink

Ben,

What did you want to know ??

Mani,

Plates may actually be up for grabs (still deciding) I have new ones in hold for it ! Smile
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Half Way There :) Tue, 08 October 2002 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just what u've done/doing to the motor, and what u expect to get out of it?
Anymore more pics? I would be interested in seeing more, as would the other guys Smile

Thanks
Ben
dorikin
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Half Way There :) Tue, 08 October 2002 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod,

those clear indicators look sweet. they really finish it off nicely with the white paint!!! came to think of it, they really finish off my car too with it's yellow paint!!! hehehe...
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Half Way There :) Tue, 08 October 2002 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aahhh... buil;ding an engine
that makes a lot more sense
I was thinking you wre doing a "simple" transplant, but building an engine... I can see how that could take a lot longer than 12 months
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Half Way There :) Wed, 09 October 2002 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben,

Mate the engine is taking the whole car back to the right period so its basically a stroked 2TG (uses 3T crank and rods etc) for some of the finer detail you should check the "members cars" section. http://www.toymods.org.au/memberscars.php

Soe of the details have changed, exhaust manifold is being remade due to the change to a GT25 (from a CT20B) and the intake manifold is going to be reworked a little.

Each members car details are displayed next to there name and those members that have sent us pics and details have them listed as a link under there name and vehicle. You can see what I am up to there Smile Under the members name there is the finer details and we use a standard format. Under the car type we link to a pic of the car.

If anyone hasn't done this and want to all you need to do is type out the details of your car in the listed format and send it to Max max@toymods.org.au or Sam sam@toymods.org.au
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Half Way There :) Wed, 09 October 2002 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heehee sam and max.. that still cracks me up!! Laughing
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Half Way There :) Wed, 09 October 2002 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe It's kinda hard picking which one of us is the monkey though.....

Razz
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Half Way There :) Wed, 09 October 2002 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looking sweet Rod....as for setbacks..I think I said Id have Sams and my new engines built and in before the baby arrives right?....hahaha 4 weeks to go and all I can say is ....fat chance! Confused , Im guessing that well have Sams in and mine still sitting in pieces on the bench waiting for parts Smile, besides 12 months is not so bad it took me 18 months to build the first one for the sprinter for the same reasons....always the same reasons LOL bloody money!! the sooner people start accepting rocks as currency the better off well all be Razz
dorikin
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Half Way There :) Wed, 09 October 2002 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey Rod, if you are taking the whole car back to the right period, what's going to happen to theose 17 inch billet wheels??? Laughing Laughing Laughing
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Half Way There :) Sun, 13 October 2002 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, Found a few hours to play on the weekend and its getting closer Wink

http://www.toymods.org.au/~rod/TRBO22/Getting%20Closer%20001.jpg

Dorikin,

Mate the rims are only 16" and with all the Hotrods that run billets I thinkI can get away with those Smile
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Half Way There :) Sun, 13 October 2002 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If only it was a RA23 Razz

Looks very VERY nice, Very Happy
20valve69corona
Regular

May 2002
Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Mon, 14 October 2002 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lookin damn fine Shocked , keep us up to date with the pics. Laughing
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Mon, 14 October 2002 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SHMICK !!

I love the paint
looks very shique(spl)
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Mon, 14 October 2002 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fark.....nice machine man....very nice
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Mon, 14 October 2002 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lookin' awesome Rod... Needs to be finished though... Any deadlines yet??? See if youo can beat mine Laughing Laughing Laughing ... I have given myself one and it's 1 month... That's the stereo, motor, wheels & tyres and the interior... Hmmm, I should make it...
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Mon, 14 October 2002 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, what brake mater cyclinder have you got in place there?
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Mon, 14 October 2002 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn rod that is one fine TA22 mate, keep up the good work it AINT easy!!!!!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Mon, 14 October 2002 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That looks awesome Rod. Even the engine bay looks so damn clean and stuff, you've done really well! Keep up the good work Very Happy
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Mon, 14 October 2002 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you should replace that overly large windscreen wiper motor too!
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Tue, 15 October 2002 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy wrote on Mon, 14 October 2002 16:47

Lookin' awesome Rod... Needs to be finished though... Any deadlines yet??? See if youo can beat mine Laughing Laughing Laughing ... I have given myself one and it's 1 month... That's the stereo, motor, wheels & tyres and the interior... Hmmm, I should make it...

well benny.. tomorrow i should get polished off the stereo wiring, head-unit install (with your fudged brackets) and help put some interior back..... but mainly fix up that wiring mess
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Tue, 15 October 2002 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool 1,

Mate the wiper motor is in desperate need of some paint and the Master Cylinder is from a Toyota Tercel.

Rolla Boy,

Its deadline was September 2001 Rolling Eyes lol so now Its just finished when its finished. I'd love to see it at the next Dyno Day but I don't think it will be ready. There is still along way to go.

Thanks for the comments guys Smile I was over it for a while there but am all fired up again now to get it finished !
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Tue, 15 October 2002 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you never get over an old celica Very Happy

im about to embark on a similar job Rod... getting a new RA28 without rust... will take quite som time, but will be nowhere near the finish quality you have there mate. I'm still undecided as to whether i spray the new car as i build it or just swap the engine and suspension and stuff... then spray it later.... Confused
i just can't decide. Of course money is also an issue
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Tue, 15 October 2002 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod, a wiper motor out of a GA70 will bolt in and they are much smaller! Just need to rewire the loom Very Happy
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Tue, 15 October 2002 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Really !

Ok so who has a GA70 wiper motor for sale and are they the same as the MA70 one's ????

Thanks for that Shane I appreciate it. Engine bay and Autronic has to be rewired anyway so one a little more effort won't kill him or my wallet. ( will it Mos ?? Wink )
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Tue, 15 October 2002 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rod - did you get new clutch master cylinder, or just detail the old one?
I'm considering prettying up some components of the ma61 before I put everyhting back in... just the ones that are filthy
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Tue, 15 October 2002 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The MA70 is the same yes!
From memory they have a third mount point on them which you can just cut off with an angle grinder! But doing this little bit of work does wonders for looks!
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Tue, 15 October 2002 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello all, very nice TA22 Rod.

I just noticed that the grill in the first shot is different from the one in the second. Did you make the grill in the second shot?

Cheers
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Tue, 15 October 2002 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Youngy,

Mate the grill is actually a TA22 GTV grill. (Almost Identical to the GT grill bar the badge spacing)

Anyone got a GTV badge they wanna part with ?

Draven,

It is both mate was new and painted Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 15 October 2002 23:57]

stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Mon, 21 October 2002 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man, that's looks so sweet. I'd love to have my car looking so sweet.
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Mon, 21 October 2002 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks friggin awesome rod

what more can i say!!!
justinharwoodran
Regular

May 2002
Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Mon, 21 October 2002 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice work mate. I just painted my wiper motor. Those wiper arms on yours look sweet. Any chance of a close up pic on top of the stut towers. I'm guessing your rubbers are new.
I see what you mean about the larger Hilux ajustable round bonnet rubbers. I will investigate this week.

Justin

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Tue, 22 October 2002 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justin,

Mate I think the rubbers are just tire blacked they are the stock part.

Wiper arms are Chromed which works ok. I have to buy a New pair and have them done again before I will be 100% happy with them.

sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Tue, 22 October 2002 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have u got any other pics???
Love the car and would like to see more of it if theres any pics available Smile
Thanks
ben
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Tue, 22 October 2002 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben,

Mate I don't have alot of pics of the car as yet and don't have any other current ones. When it comes back from the new Radiator and intercooler I'll post one of how they turned out. Will hopefully have the turbo sitting in there in the next few weeks too !

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Tue, 05 November 2002 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slowly Slowly ......

Well here is a pic of the almost finished radiator.

Alloy PWR core and Diamond plate Tanks for extra grip when I'm working on the engine Wink !

http://www.toymods.org.au/~rod/TRBO22/Unfinished%20Radiator.jpg
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Tue, 05 November 2002 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DUDE THAT LOOKS SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cant believe how good a bloody radiator can look with a bit of checker plate Smile The real stuff!!!

Keep us posted.

Thanks
Ben

PS- how much did that cost???
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Tue, 05 November 2002 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rod.. that is full HORN! Shocked

i just want one....
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Tue, 05 November 2002 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's cool... But look Rod, you already have a few skuff marks on it... The trick is to tape cardboard to it while you're working on it to protect the core... Also, while you're installing it...

If that's what the radiator looks like, can't wait to see the intercooler...
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Thu, 07 November 2002 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man i need 1 of these to go with my intake manifold Smile
i should get the whole set Smile

looking awesome rod
Keep it up
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Thu, 07 November 2002 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Josh,

Mate the idea is indeed to have a matched set. The Diamond plate is pretty pricey but I wanted something different. I am yet to see the diamond plate in another car. ( Except yours now of course ! lol )

Rolla Boy. We had it boarded up for most of the work and will resort the fin's before it is installed ! Smile
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Thu, 07 November 2002 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sbyder,

Scary thing is I don't know yet ! When I find out and come too I'll let you know Rolling Eyes
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Fri, 08 November 2002 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
god damn that looks cool

you going to take it to summernats or something??

id love to see it there

keep it up man, u'll have the sweetest ride
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon12.gif  Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Fri, 08 November 2002 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is that diamond plate metal much heavier than the normal flat sheets?
is it jepordising much weight???
i think it look unreal!!!!
LOVE IT!!!
cant wait to see it rolling..
JUZZO
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Fri, 08 November 2002 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont think the radiator will roll that well justin.. Very Happy

GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Fri, 08 November 2002 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I never knew a Radiator could look so sexy Very Happy
But stop teasing us Rod and get it finished, Razz
its looking tops Cool
MaNGeW
Forums Junkie

Formerly TRD_RoLLa

May 2002
Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Sat, 09 November 2002 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats an awesome radiator Rod!
good luck with ure conversion.
Smile
freaky
Regular

October 2002
Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Mon, 11 November 2002 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats a paint job like that worth??
Teenz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Mon, 11 November 2002 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freaky,

Paintwork waas done more than six years ago and back then, not including the NEW panels from Toyota, the paintwork alone cost a cool $9000.00.

Regards

Teenz
(Rod's extremely better half!)
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Mon, 11 November 2002 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
freaky wrote on Mon, 11 November 2002 23:10

whats a paint job like that worth??

YOUR SOUL!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Mon, 11 November 2002 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow
even for a paint job that good (and it is beautiful) I wouldn't pay $6k
for $6k you can get a pretty good spray job plus some air brushing
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Mon, 11 November 2002 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Turn the 6 upside down..and thats how much it cost
freaky
Regular

October 2002
Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Tue, 12 November 2002 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WOW Shocked , that was done properly then coz it lasted for more then 6 years... i wanna pay around 3 for my paint job but i know the guys.

i hope it lasts 6 years as well Very Happy
just for interested whats the car cost you so far???
Teenz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Tue, 12 November 2002 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Draven,

Quote:

even for a paint job that good (and it is beautiful) I wouldn't pay $6k
for $6k you can get a pretty good spray job plus some air brushing

I suppose you pay for the finish you want and the professionalism of the job.....in my eye's and most peoples, the car is very smick. I would be suprised if any half decent re-spray is much less then $6000.00.

Freaky,

To answer your question about how much.......

Purchase Price $10k
Additional to Rego $10k +
current mods $17K and climbing !

Previous owner inverstment Over $30k in receipts !

Hmmmmm, I think I will have to have a chat to Rod!

Cya's
freaky
Regular

October 2002
Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Tue, 12 November 2002 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe i c...
i'll have to take out a morgage on the car
Laughing
cheers
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Half Way There - Progress pic :) Tue, 12 November 2002 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
oh, no questions asked it wouldn't be that good.
but it could be a pretty decent job for half the price (although I guess I do know the guys).

in general, a re-spray is not something you want to skimp on
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Holden Barina
Next Topic:GTR VS soarer
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 13:03:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0088698863983154 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.