Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
insurance process Thu, 16 September 2004 13:36 Go to next message
hey guys, i am asking for a relative, he basically lightly tapped someone in the rear end, and has no insurance, the other guys insurer sent out a letter of notification like 1.5months later after the accident, just stating that its his fault and thats it, they haven't worked out the damage's, so what is his suppose to do? just wait out until they send a letter of demand ? or just call them ? the other guys insurer is GIO fyi.

thanks.

[Updated on: Thu, 16 September 2004 13:36]

Send a private message to this user    
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: insurance process Thu, 16 September 2004 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think you should contact the insurer...and he'll have to pay for the repairs out of his own pocket
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: insurance process Thu, 16 September 2004 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, but like his poor right now and he came to me for money too but i am poor too Razz so his trying to stall time as long as possible so he can save up, so can just call insurance and arrange something with them ?
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: insurance process Thu, 16 September 2004 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah... in that case stall it and wait till they send you a quote for the damage or something. Then if you need more time, say you wanna get an independant assessment of the damage and get a quote from somewhere else Razz
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: insurance process Thu, 16 September 2004 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
insurance companies can be quite lenient with such payouts. my brother once smashed into a car and it was his fault they asked for $5000, but they were willing to settle for $2800 bacause we told them his situation (broke and unemployed), and that was the last we heard of it. tell him to make them an offer he might be surprised.
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: insurance process Thu, 16 September 2004 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
warrior wrote on Thu, 16 September 2004 23:53

insurance companies can be quite lenient with such payouts. my brother once smashed into a car and it was his fault they asked for $5000, but they were willing to settle for $2800 bacause we told them his situation (broke and unemployed), and that was the last we heard of it. tell him to make them an offer he might be surprised.

I'm surprised that insurance companies are lenient ... I thought they won't throw you in jail but they could make you bankrupt if you couldn't repay the amount?
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: insurance process Thu, 16 September 2004 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea..thats what we thought too. but we thought fuck it...we tried and it worked out great
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: insurance process Thu, 16 September 2004 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah thanks guys for that, so what exactly did you do warrior, if you want you can pm me and tell me more details..
thanks
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: insurance process Fri, 17 September 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we got my dad to ring and ask to speak to the manager, he told the manager that my brother is currently not working and doesnt have a cent to his name....we can either take this to court and you will have to pay for lawyers and waste everyones time and the end result is that you will get like $10 a week for the next 10 years or you can accept this payout. he said that they would call him back the next day ..they did and they decided to accept the offer. Smile

good luck
Southo
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002
Re: insurance process Fri, 17 September 2004 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not all insurance companies are bastards, and not all insurance claims staff are going to go out of their way to screw every last cent out of you.

It comes down to attitude.. yours, and subsequently - theirs...

The claims recovery officer has a job to to (get the money back for the company), but they also have a few guidelines that are lenient, then they have rules which are not...

Eg, if the damage is $10,000 and you say "Ill give you $2,000, and you piss off" then the claims person is going to dig their heels in and use every bit of the law to screw you to ensure he gets the full amount..... but, if you called up, were polite, listened and explained your financial situation, and let them work WITH you, not against you, then you will be able to come up with a suitable compromise.

Claims recovery staff are measured on how much they recover from third parties, if they come across a person who is legitimately in a bad financial position, they will usually do all they can to help ease the burden of a huge settlement.

I have sent you a PM with my number - call me if you want to know more...

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: insurance process Fri, 17 September 2004 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What are people doing driving around without insurance? It's not like 3rd party is particularly expensive.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: insurance process Fri, 17 September 2004 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Fri, 17 September 2004 17:21

What are people doing driving around without insurance? It's not like 3rd party is particularly expensive.

I agree with the shraka here, mine cost me $230 a year w/out fire and theft and my car is twin turbo, the ute costs me $93 a year so how much could an AE86 cost to insure, the insurance companies dont watch initial D so to them its just an 84 model RWD corolla... Razz
Flogbag
Regular

December 2003
Re: insurance process Fri, 17 September 2004 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
depends if ur car is modified then most insurance companies dont want to know us
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: insurance process Fri, 17 September 2004 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not really, becuase whn insuring someone for third party they are really insuring the driver and not the car but I guess I am just lucky...as I have mine through the guild
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: insurance process Fri, 17 September 2004 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Fri, 17 September 2004 18:13

I agree with the shraka here, mine cost me $230 a year w/out fire and theft and my car is twin turbo, the ute costs me $93 a year so how much could an AE86 cost to insure, the insurance companies dont watch initial D so to them its just an 84 model RWD corolla... Razz

your a lucky bastard...i just did a just car quote for a slightly modded (exhaust and air filter) corolla and it'll cost me $600 for 3rd party or $880 for 3rd party + fire and theft

I've got a clean record and everything
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: insurance process Fri, 17 September 2004 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that sucks man, i really feel for you, just remeber insurance companies will pull out faster than a 13 year old having sex!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: insurance process Fri, 17 September 2004 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh, the joys of having insurance premiums not from Sydney.
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: insurance process Fri, 17 September 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WA is definitely the place to be, although QLD, SA and TAS aren't too bad. VIC is heading the way of NSW...
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: insurance process Fri, 17 September 2004 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sydney sucks dick when it comes to insurance Mad
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: insurance process Fri, 17 September 2004 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SA is by no means good either I was just lucky... Very Happy
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: insurance process Sun, 19 September 2004 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know it's a bit off topic, but I have another question to ask.

About 6 weeks ago someone hit me, only slightly and caused about $500 damage (3 quotes, all around $500). He wanted to go through insurance which was fine. I asked to be payed out for the damage which was agreed apon, and I was told they'll be mailing me out a cheque.

All this happened within a week of the accident...6 weeks later I have no money, and the insurance company told me that they are waiting for "their client to fulfil their obligations".

Does this mean they are waiting for their excess, or are they just trying to screw me around? The bloke was a real wanker, wasn't answering his phone and being rude when I asked him for his insurance details...do you think he's stalling just to piss me off?

Can I do anything to hurry them up, or just be patient?
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: insurance process Sun, 19 September 2004 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i reckon he's stalling you...you could offer to go to court with them...but that'll be a waste of time and money. Just make it a threat Razz
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: insurance process Sun, 19 September 2004 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy77_03 wrote on Fri, 17 September 2004 18:34

MR 1GGTE wrote on Fri, 17 September 2004 18:13

your a lucky bastard...i just did a just car quote for a slightly modded (exhaust and air filter) corolla and it'll cost me $600 for 3rd party or $880 for 3rd party + fire and theft

I've got a clean record and everything

same here, clean record and im paying more then younger people that have bad records and crashed cars Confused
Southo
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002
Re: insurance process Sun, 19 September 2004 16:34 Go to previous message
-NiCkeL- wrote on Sun, 19 September 2004 19:43

I know it's a bit off topic, but I have another question to ask.
All this happened within a week of the accident...6 weeks later I have no money, and the insurance company told me that they are waiting for "their client to fulfil their obligations".

The bloke has not paid his excess or lodged his claim yet.
If there was no damage to his car, then he will have to lodge and claim and pay his excess first before the insurance company will be able to pay you out.

My suggestion - send him a letter of demand asking him to pay you the full amount of the claim or lodge the claim / Pay his excess ASAP.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:wat should i do with this
Next Topic:Anyone seen a 2tg turbo?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 23:51:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0067908763885498 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.