Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Promo Video - Now with tough still pics!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Promo Video - Now with tough still pics!! Fri, 17 September 2004 09:35 Go to next message
Im in the search for sponsorship and a mate of mine made this promo video for me.

Its 61 meg

My Promo Movie

Link to Codec

UPDATED TO WORKING VIDEO!!!

Cheers
Simon

[Updated on: Thu, 23 September 2004 09:34]

Send a private message to this user    
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Fri, 17 September 2004 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks to Mr1G for hosting Wink
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Fri, 17 September 2004 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im downloading, ill tell ya what i think Very Happy
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Fri, 17 September 2004 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice choice of music Smile Hell, if my business was making any money, I'd probably sponsor ya Razz
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Fri, 17 September 2004 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers, i should have put in my two crashes,. at oran and calder

then it would suit Wink smacking my bitch up and all Wink
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Fri, 17 September 2004 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its interesting to watch the difference between the CA18 and the 4AGE, the 4AGE you seem to be coming into the corners smoking, the CA18 on a couple of corners just torches the rears.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Fri, 17 September 2004 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe the beauty of power!!, i havwent lost my insane entry speeds by fitting a turbo engine now. Dispite what crap people sprout on initial D Wink
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Fri, 17 September 2004 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
downloading now
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Fri, 17 September 2004 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon!

Fantastic promo.. no fluff, fun to watch, clear and straight to the pont while being enjoyable

heck.. and it sure makes your car look tempting for advertising! no question you will find some sponsorship mate good luck with it Very Happy

If I was in a relevant field I would sponsor ya
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Fri, 17 September 2004 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Downloading as well ... can't wait to watch it. Smile

Ooer ... does this mean I have to get with Shano now and produce a similar video for him as well, innit? Twisted Evil
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Fri, 17 September 2004 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got a corrupted video file error just before the ca18det footage
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Fri, 17 September 2004 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep i got the same error
so far so good tho Very Happy
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Fri, 17 September 2004 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
error towards the quarter end..
good good..
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Fri, 17 September 2004 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satoshi wrote on Sat, 18 September 2004 07:02

error towards the quarter end..
good good..

Bah! Same thing ... no sponsorship for you now! Twisted Evil

Nice vid ... but it didn't say that Simon had an attitude problem. Razz

Will pass on to Shano - quite a good watch. Very Happy

Perhaps zip the vid file to prevent any corruption?

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Sat, 18 September 2004 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm d/l this on a dial-up so it better be worth it...probably take all day Razz

*mutter mutter*
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Sat, 18 September 2004 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
downloading now
better be good
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Sat, 18 September 2004 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah I got that error too! crashed the player... .just thought it might have been me...
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Sat, 18 September 2004 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Error at the end to Crying or Very Sad , sorry i don't know how to contact you for sponsorship

Have you posted this on other sites Simon

The one handed drifto is very impressive , i haven't seen that done before Smile
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Sat, 18 September 2004 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm interesting. maybe its the codecs used? Has everyone nupdated their Dvix codecs?
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Sat, 18 September 2004 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got an error too at like 5:46 or something, from memory

other than that, looking good. i dont really know much about drifting, but that looks cool Very Happy
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Sat, 18 September 2004 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the problem is that its a wmv file which uses its own codec i beleive. should have been an avi file and u wouldnt get this error
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Sat, 18 September 2004 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try this
http://www.riverpast.com/en/support/tutorials/conv ert/wmv/avi.php
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Sat, 18 September 2004 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got the error too... What I saw though was very good and professional looking. Well done. Very Happy

I was very impressed with the one handed driving... Corners were linked nicely as if you could do it with you eyes closed. Surprised

Oh, and just a thought, in that movie Once Upon a Time in Mexico Johnny Depp's character had a fake arm that he used as a decoy. People who cant drift one handed could make themselves one of these so they have an arm out the window the whole time plus two on the wheel. Razz You definitely don't need one Simon. Wink

[Updated on: Sat, 18 September 2004 05:40]

ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Sat, 18 September 2004 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice vid simon - nice skills.

I get the same error part way through too - and am using all the latest codecs (for EVERYTHING you could imagine) no drama for me - I'll convert it to something else so I can see the last part Very Happy

*once I get my business up and running properlly - as in have cash flow rather than a bloody negative number..I'll give you a PM for some sponsorship info.*

*impressed*
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Sat, 18 September 2004 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A program i've found which can fix most corrupted WMV files is ASF Tools. Best of all it's free...

http://www.geocities.com/myasftools/

Try the basic repair first, usually sorts out most problems...
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Sat, 18 September 2004 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cant even download the thing, dead link for me.
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Sat, 18 September 2004 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt-AE86 wrote on Sat, 18 September 2004 19:42

i cant even download the thing, dead link for me.

I concur.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Sat, 18 September 2004 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try now. works for me Wink

right click and save as
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Sun, 19 September 2004 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Negative on the download.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Sun, 19 September 2004 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awesome work.. but it fucks up as everyone sais
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Sun, 19 September 2004 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah well. i dunno what it is causing the prob then
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Sun, 19 September 2004 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i SPOSE its ok
Very Happy

hehehe

i rikey!
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Sun, 19 September 2004 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so your sponsoring then garth Wink
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Sun, 19 September 2004 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh
soon matey soon.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Sun, 19 September 2004 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol hurry up sonny Wink

dont make me kick your sorry arse at pool again
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Sun, 19 September 2004 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Sun, 19 September 2004 21:05

lol hurry up sonny Wink

dont make me kick your sorry arse at pool again

HAH

u LOSE!
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Sun, 19 September 2004 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not so says he who's ball spends more time on the ground then on the table Wink
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Sun, 19 September 2004 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Sun, 19 September 2004 21:11

not so says he who's ball spends more time on the ground then on the table Wink

THAT WAS YOU! hah

anyhow i beat u all at inital d arcade stage
heh

Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Sun, 19 September 2004 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
by 1/8th of a second

and you admitted you were fully l337 at inital D where as ive never played the game before Wink

BAM!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Sun, 19 September 2004 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Sun, 19 September 2004 21:16

by 1/8th of a second

and you admitted you were fully l337 at inital D where as ive never played the game before Wink

BAM!

hahaha
1/8th
dont you mean 18

Wink
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Sun, 19 September 2004 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
initial D is a great game for close racing.. but at 2 bucks a game at arcades and my place of schooling being right next to an arcade.. i had to give up
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Sun, 19 September 2004 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lock in's are your friend

unless your locked in with garth Wink
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Sun, 19 September 2004 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Sun, 19 September 2004 21:18

initial D is a great game for close racing.. but at 2 bucks a game at arcades and my place of schooling being right next to an arcade.. i had to give up

i hope u dont mean qantm. Wink
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Sun, 19 September 2004 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Sun, 19 September 2004 21:19

lock in's are your friend

unless your locked in with garth Wink

true dat
Southo
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002
Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Sun, 19 September 2004 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon,
I have filmed, edited and produced quite a few very successful promo and sponsor videos for lots of different sports from including rallying, Circuit, Australian Safari Rally and Go Karting, as well as personal promotional videos for people applying for major international sales positions, product launches and TV commercials and the like, so If I may offer you some constructive comments

(Apologies if what I say happens after the video crashes)

This is a good video compilation display of your skills and how much fun it is, but it does nothing to say to the prospective sponsor - "what's in it for me".

As a prospective sponsor, there are lots of things I want (NEED) to know....
1. How much is it going to cost me ??
2. What benefit will I get either personally, or via my business
3. How can this DIRECTLY help increase my business.
4. Who is this guy driving the car, what does he look like, is he marketable OUTSIDE the car.

You also need to be able to provide facts and figures - stuff like how many of these events there are every year, how many spectators and what are their demographics. why are YOU and YOUR CAR more marketable than the others that you compete against. What type of media coverage can you expect to provide them with - from press releases to tv /video interviews etc..

The video needs a voice over, preferably yours or if you are camera/voice over shy someone that has the confidence to give the video credibility. Having lots of text on the screen makes people skip things or fast forward until the action happens. Use a solid voice over that introduces YOU and your sport and what you are doing that makes you stand out.

Regarding the vision.
I know it's not always easy to get people that can hold a camera steady and are not "zoom happy" - but seriosuly, loose the footage that looks very amature - it does not help to promote the sport as professional. Try and chase up some footage from the events filmed by the professionals and see if you can use that. Or invest in a good tripod and someone really smooth with the camera that enhances the action.
Voice overs explaining how the competition is won or lost, what the judges look for etc are all great to include. Also, lots of crowd pictures - I noticed in one section there were thousands of people spectating - this is who will be seeing the signs on the car - so make sure the sponsors are aware they are there, give average numbers and ages, demographics etc.

Whilst it would be great to get Car product companies to sponsor you, and having Toyota, Bridgestone, TRD and Mobil on the side of the car would be cool - think outside the square at the age group and buying potential on those that attend these events - Look at clothing labels or stores that target this market, sports drinks, soft drinks, fast food outlets etc -

lots more I could add, but it's 3.30am...
Bed time for me.....

no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Sun, 19 September 2004 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dont suppose someone has some still pics of the car, I think it looks real sweet with the decal etc.

Just curious, what made you opt for the CA18 over the SR20 when going outside the Toyota square?
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Sun, 19 September 2004 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Southo wrote on Mon, 20 September 2004 03:03

Simon,
I have filmed, edited and produced quite a few very successful promo and sponsor videos for lots of different sports from including rallying, Circuit, Australian Safari Rally and Go Karting, as well as personal promotional videos for people applying for major international sales positions, product launches and TV commercials and the like, so If I may offer you some constructive comments

(Apologies if what I say happens after the video crashes)

This is a good video compilation display of your skills and how much fun it is, but it does nothing to say to the prospective sponsor - "what's in it for me".

As a prospective sponsor, there are lots of things I want (NEED) to know....
1. How much is it going to cost me ??
2. What benefit will I get either personally, or via my business
3. How can this DIRECTLY help increase my business.
4. Who is this guy driving the car, what does he look like, is he marketable OUTSIDE the car.

You also need to be able to provide facts and figures - stuff like how many of these events there are every year, how many spectators and what are their demographics. why are YOU and YOUR CAR more marketable than the others that you compete against. What type of media coverage can you expect to provide them with - from press releases to tv /video interviews etc..

The video needs a voice over, preferably yours or if you are camera/voice over shy someone that has the confidence to give the video credibility. Having lots of text on the screen makes people skip things or fast forward until the action happens. Use a solid voice over that introduces YOU and your sport and what you are doing that makes you stand out.

Regarding the vision.
I know it's not always easy to get people that can hold a camera steady and are not "zoom happy" - but seriosuly, loose the footage that looks very amature - it does not help to promote the sport as professional. Try and chase up some footage from the events filmed by the professionals and see if you can use that. Or invest in a good tripod and someone really smooth with the camera that enhances the action.
Voice overs explaining how the competition is won or lost, what the judges look for etc are all great to include. Also, lots of crowd pictures - I noticed in one section there were thousands of people spectating - this is who will be seeing the signs on the car - so make sure the sponsors are aware they are there, give average numbers and ages, demographics etc.

Whilst it would be great to get Car product companies to sponsor you, and having Toyota, Bridgestone, TRD and Mobil on the side of the car would be cool - think outside the square at the age group and buying potential on those that attend these events - Look at clothing labels or stores that target this market, sports drinks, soft drinks, fast food outlets etc -

lots more I could add, but it's 3.30am...
Bed time for me.....

wow...good tips, u really made me think outside the square.. good karma for u.. Smile
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Mon, 20 September 2004 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jason, long time no chat, Thats the sort of feedback i was after. This was our first attempt at something like this and i really had no clue when it came to what i should be putting in the video and so forth.

a second attempt might be called for Wink
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Mon, 20 September 2004 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Mon, 20 September 2004 10:44

jason, long time no chat, Thats the sort of feedback i was after. This was our first attempt at something like this and i really had no clue when it came to what i should be putting in the video and so forth.

a second attempt might be called for Wink

also.. if you do decide to have text on screen try make it more professional
things like transitions, you can do all this with adobe premeiere.. but they look cheap
there is a program called discreet combustion, i use it for my 3d stuff.. its an after effects program
so u can make all sorts of awesome text effects aswell

like you could say make the video footage fade to black.. as that happens a big fussy writing comes from 0 visibility to full and then the fuzz fades away to normal text.. and then it fades out at the same time as the new footage fades in.

program takes a bit to learn.. but a few tuts will have a more professional look

EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Mon, 20 September 2004 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not bad but you will find Kristians name is with a K not CH Razz
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Mon, 20 September 2004 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no its CH, this is Christian at JMS.

Jag: thanks for that tip, was the text hard to read? What about the screens where i had text only (right at start) was that ok?
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Mon, 20 September 2004 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my bad Rolling Eyes
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Mon, 20 September 2004 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Mon, 20 September 2004 10:59

no its CH, this is Christian at JMS.

Jag: thanks for that tip, was the text hard to read? What about the screens where i had text only (right at start) was that ok?

its not that it was hard to read or anything
just unprofessional
like behind text id either use a sorta faded out pic..
black(i like best)
or have various pics on 1 side(or a montage,to break up footage aswell) and the text on the other(or top bottom/whatever)
the text at the start is fine.. but could do with some sort of voice over.. and a pic of you...
also(this might be bad suggestion) but after all ur pics of ur car.. have the camera looking at nothing and the car just come out of no-where and the rear left 1/4 slide RIGHT infront of the camera and continue for a little bit , do you understand what i mean? . and then with rest of footage.
Also depends on how much u trust urself and or someone trusts you.
could also do this with camera on slight zoom on tripod and jsut do it till you get it right.. and then crop the picture and size it so it looks that way

Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Mon, 20 September 2004 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like a plan Wink
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Mon, 20 September 2004 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn - I spent all that time d/l that thing only to get the same error Sad Maybe I'll try that ASF tools thing.

Anyway - yeah I definitely agree with everything southo said - you have to think of what the sponsors want/need to know! Next time there's a drift event on I'll try to get some good footage for you (I have a tripod and fair to decent camera skills) that looks more 'pro' even though I, too, am an amateur.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Mon, 20 September 2004 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grr - that didn't work either, now it goes for 4:51 so I must be missing a minute of it or something.
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Mon, 20 September 2004 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
great stuff i really like the bit at the start(bout 1:35 in) where it has a head on of you coming down the main strait at Mallala and the car just starts stepping out without turning the corner even an inch Shocked (i get to about 4:50 before it stops), but to be honest it looks like a cool drift montage, rather than a publicity movie. i think the points said before by Jag7799 are really good, perhaps some closer footage of the people in the croud with a "this is the demographic that your advertising will reach" kind of thing could be usefull.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Mon, 20 September 2004 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats the best pre apex footage i have, if you look closely you can see where all the handbrake marks are from people pre apexing into that corner, and im well and truely before that Wink

We have made this video using bits of footage that myself and my friends have collected from various events. we really need to make a video using footage for the sole purpose of the video.
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Mon, 20 September 2004 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea same (video error), that just wrecked my day!
28.8 modem time was taken up for that!

[Updated on: Mon, 20 September 2004 04:31]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Promo Video - what do you think? Mon, 20 September 2004 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
could do something like i quickly did with the background here for your text
so it doesent look so plain
http://members.optushome.com.au/jag7799/simon.jpg
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:How much does your CTP cost u ?
Next Topic:check out what 10KW can do!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 22:10:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0086629390716553 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.