Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Mon, 20 September 2004 01:13 Go to next message
Hi all,

After importing my AW11 back in may and thoroughly servicing the car, I dyno'd it for the first time on Saturday where it managed 106 rwkw at 10psi.

The car is standard bar an HKS pod filter and basic japanese exhaust. This seems to be a very good power figure considering I was expecting more along the lines of 80-90rwkw.

Since importing the car I have done the following:

Engine oil change
Replaced air filter element
Replaced engine belts
Full injector service, clean and flow test
Radiator flush
New iridium spark plugs

The car was until saturday experiencing a slipping supercharger belt until Ben from Unique Autosports (Owner of the 10 second AW11) waved his magic wand over it.

The car now drives brilliantly and is incredibly rev happy.

How does this power compare with all you other AW11 owners out there?
  Send a private message to this user    
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Mon, 20 September 2004 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not an aw11..but my ae86 pulled 110kw..and it's on the stock pullies..just got exhaust, filter, front mount, 3SGE throttle body (helped 5 RWKW) running 10si..

i know it's kinda a misleading figure..but what sorta torque did you put down i 4th gear? mine got to 330nm..minimum was 210..at 1200rpm!!!

[Updated on: Mon, 20 September 2004 03:38]

pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Mon, 20 September 2004 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if your running 10psi i think you have an HKS sized pully on there. the stock boost is only 8psi.
my then dead stock aw11 dynoed at 88rwkw
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Mon, 20 September 2004 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wrong..it's stock..the bypass valve it t peiced off so it does the same job..but doesn't bleed when it reaches the factory 8psi..(the line was t pieced to the dyno to give me a range of 9.44 to 9.89 psi from 4500 - fuel cut)
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Mon, 20 September 2004 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so your running 10psi on the factory pully just by blocking of the ABV?
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Mon, 20 September 2004 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is my dyno plot, I had a big Nevo pulley on it, but, I was only getting 10psi at the time.

http://upload.3sgtemr2.com/upload/dyno1.jpg

I'd say you're probably running a HKS pulley, they look like a stock part, and, it would be very unlikely that you'd be getting 10psi on a standard pulley even with the ABV mod done...
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Mon, 20 September 2004 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not blocking it off..but yeh..i am..its the Map sensor AE92 GZE..so it's pullies are quite capable of 10psi..

run the line from the ABV directly to the intake manifold and put a cap on the line that ran from the VSV to the ABV..done..bypass valve won't vent once max PSI is reached..only a T piece and 3mm cap..
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Mon, 20 September 2004 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben Wilson wrote on Mon, 20 September 2004 13:53

I'd say you're probably running a HKS pulley, they look like a stock part, and, it would be very unlikely that you'd be getting 10psi on a standard pulley even with the ABV mod done...

thats what i was thinking...

i was goin to put my dyno sheet here..but it just displays an image saying "thanks for stealing our bandwidth" when i do it Mad stupid we-todd-did-racing.com
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Mon, 20 September 2004 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you have the ae92gze, that puts out more power to start with, perhaps more boost too?
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Mon, 20 September 2004 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pjaw11sc wrote on Mon, 20 September 2004 14:31

i was goin to put my dyno sheet here..but it just displays an image saying "thanks for stealing our bandwidth" when i do it Mad stupid we-todd-did-racing.com

Just use:
http://www.imageshack.us/index.php
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Mon, 20 September 2004 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet thanks. here it is.http://img23.exs.cx/img23/8476/dyno1.jpg
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Mon, 20 September 2004 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does it have HKS anywhere on it? i'll have a look..i've heard on even the MR2 ones reaching 10psi of top speed/ high load runs..

[Updated on: Mon, 20 September 2004 04:50]

chrizer
Regular

October 2003
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Mon, 20 September 2004 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got an AE101 gze on stock pulley with abv mod done an can only hit 8psi. You must have an aftermarket pulley for that amount of boost.
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Mon, 20 September 2004 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drift86levin wrote on Mon, 20 September 2004 14:49

does it have HKS anywhere on it? i'll have a look..i've heard on even the MR2 ones reaching 10psi of top speed/ high load runs..

It looks just like a standard one, not a word on it, the only way to tell is to measure it.
4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Mon, 20 September 2004 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice thread hijack there Ben Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I am waiting for an email copy of my dyno sheet so I can post it. I wouldnt have thought I had a larger pulley as the car appeared to be untouched. Obviously coming from Japan you just never know
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Mon, 20 September 2004 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This thread is great. Exactly what I want to read about.

I have an 87 SC with a Nevo 175mm and an Apexi Filter HKS Jap exhaust.

I beat v8's almost every time (unless they are worked)

I am about to fit Liverpool exhaust 4-2-1 extractors and 2.5 inch system. I cant wait I am expecting 10-15% power increase.
Its going to be loud. But tough.

When exhaust mod is complete I will get a dyno run and post results
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Mon, 20 September 2004 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my pully was a fair bit bigger than my 4AGE pully (changing the timing belts) i noticed..are the stock ones about the same?
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Mon, 20 September 2004 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Could I just ask peoples where they are measuring their boost from?
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Mon, 20 September 2004 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4ageeza wrote on Mon, 20 September 2004 22:05

Could I just ask peoples where they are measuring their boost from?

I've got a T in the small line from the manifold.

old_mr2 - You have no idea how loud it is going to be Smile An open exhast helps power though, I used to run a 2 1/2" straight through system, but, it was just embarrasing. My current system (super turbo + hotdog) is a lot quieter (just legal), but, definately slower..

[Updated on: Mon, 20 September 2004 22:24]

4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Tue, 21 September 2004 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old mr2: What sort of $$ is Liverpool exhaust charging for the headers and and new system?
chrizer
Regular

October 2003
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Tue, 21 September 2004 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Agreed on the loud factor. I'm running a 2.5in with a straight through and normal mufflers, and still very loud.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Tue, 21 September 2004 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I bought them second hand off spanktown. PM him perhaps.

I want max performance. Loud eh? I wouldnt mind it for a while. Just to cause a scene everywhere I go. Will resonators affect performance?
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Tue, 21 September 2004 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dunno about where others a reading thier boost from..but i'm reading mine right off the ABV line..i'll put mine on the manifold line and see what that reads..

also i hit a pretty violent bump in the road right on my exhaust after the flange..and it broke off..to basically i had the extractors and thats it..hell loud..but didn't feel any quicker..

[Updated on: Tue, 21 September 2004 03:13]

jasonp1977
Regular

May 2002
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Tue, 21 September 2004 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my AE92 MAP GZE used to get 9-10psi on a cool night with the stock cooler.

With a 164 and HKS topmount it now gets 12psi all the time. Boost is measured off the fuel pressure regulator vacuum line.
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Tue, 21 September 2004 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u guys are so lucky with ur stock aw11 making so much power
i only get 82rwkw @ 9psi. thats quite low compare to others i see
i've replaced sparkplugs, leads, dizzy cap and rotors, fuel filter, advanced timing etc..., always run premium
all the cheap things i can afford i change and im quite dissapointed with the power of these cars especially 3rd gear onwards
first few months i had it i thought it seems fast but now i realised its just the engine sounds fast coz its loud
i think i really need a nevo pulley
serge
Regular

June 2002
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Tue, 21 September 2004 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got 98.9 fwkw @11psi which i thought was pretty poor. Sad
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Tue, 21 September 2004 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk1sc wrote on Tue, 21 September 2004 18:32

i've replaced sparkplugs, leads, dizzy cap and rotors, fuel filter, advanced timing etc..., always run premium
all the cheap things i can afford i change and im quite dissapointed with the power of these cars especially 3rd gear onwards
first few months i had it i thought it seems fast but now i realised its just the engine sounds fast coz its loud

your running advanced timing and more boost and your still not hitting stock figures? i think something maybe amiss, a/f perhaps? or maybe the timing is hurting it?
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Tue, 21 September 2004 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are a lot of extremely high outputs for "stcok" AFM 4A-GZE's here.

You guys know the engine is only rated at 108KW right?

Most that I've seen on the dyno make mid to high 80KW range with the map sensed engines tending to make about 10KW maore.

Some of you guys are making almost as much or more power at the wheels than Toyota rated the engine for at the flywheel. Mind you most of you are also making significantly more boost than stock as well.

82KW's isn't too bad. That means you're loosing 26KW to the drivetrain. So your loss is only 24%.
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Tue, 21 September 2004 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWIW, my car has an ARC intercooler, NEVO pulley, extractors/zorst and a fair bit of head work.

The intercooler was also iced for that run (worth about 4 kW).
4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Wed, 22 September 2004 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will be putting my car on the hoist come the weekend to see if the pulley has been changed.

Will keep everyone posted
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Wed, 22 September 2004 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshstix wrote on Wed, 22 September 2004 07:57

There are a lot of extremely high outputs for "stcok" AFM 4A-GZE's here.

You guys know the engine is only rated at 108KW right?

Most that I've seen on the dyno make mid to high 80KW range with the map sensed engines tending to make about 10KW maore.

Some of you guys are making almost as much or more power at the wheels than Toyota rated the engine for at the flywheel. Mind you most of you are also making significantly more boost than stock as well.

yea im sure everybody is aware of the rated power, thats what we were working off. But i suppose that is only a guide, the actual figures of each engine could fluctuate a bit i suppose. But i actually made exactly the stock figures when i dynoed my stock car (108engine-88wheels) Cool(see above)
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Wed, 22 September 2004 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mines currently getting 115rwkw @ 9psi(stock intercooler, stock computer etc etc). Ill putting a big water to air setup on it soon and running 15psi and hoping for around 160rwkws...

[Updated on: Wed, 22 September 2004 12:25]

pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Wed, 22 September 2004 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah but that turbo psi, thats cheating Razz (only cos im jelous Very Happy
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Wed, 22 September 2004 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Wed, 22 September 2004 22:24

mines currently getting 115rwkw @ 9psi(stock intercooler, stock computer etc etc). Ill putting a big water to air setup on it soon and running 15psi and hoping for around 160rwkws...

Have you got a copy of the dyno chart?
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Wed, 22 September 2004 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One good way to check if you are running the HKS pulley is how fast it builds boost. With the stock pulley i was at about 2-3psi at 2500rpm if i nailed it. With the HKS its more like 5-6psi.

I would have a dyno graph but it was with a BIG boost leak above 6psi. Ill try to get a proper dyno done when i get it tuned. But this would be with the 240* bigport cams.
4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Thu, 23 September 2004 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is my dyno chart guys.

The only mods I am aware of are the HKS instake and basic japanese exhaust. If the car has a pulley then its a bonus.

What do you guys think?

http://www.uniqueautosports.com/nick/dynomr2.bmp
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Thu, 23 September 2004 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just wondering if these dyno figure are in shootout mode? cos if they are there pretty inaccurate..mine was done with all the compensations in tuning mode (or what ever they call it) for a more accurate figure.. of 139rw hp.. and what really kicked me in the balls was 330nm at 4000rpm in 4th gear on the rollers!! what did everyone put down torque wise and what gear?
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Thu, 23 September 2004 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im yet to get a dyno readout on my aw11 gze but il soon have some figures for u as il b geting a haltech ecu done soon and turbo setup hopefully... Razz
my friend (gze_ae92) runs a ae101 gze and gets a steady 10 psi and 11psi on cold nights...running a haltech ecu..iv witnessed it myself..

off the topic a little but i was hoping to go out to WSID with a few ppl and to go out there and run with other gze's would b fantastic!!! would any1 be up for it??

James
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Thu, 23 September 2004 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pjaw11sc wrote on Wed, 22 September 2004 00:10

mk1sc wrote on Tue, 21 September 2004 18:32

your running advanced timing and more boost and your still not hitting stock figures? i think something maybe amiss, a/f perhaps? or maybe the timing is hurting it?

yeah my timing is between 10 and 16 degree mark so about 13. i dont think its the problem since i cant feel any noticable flatspots etc.
its not missing either, engine runs and idle smooth most of the time. car run really rich at higher revs but i thought this was normal.
even though dyno reads 9psi i pretty sure its stock boost. a blitz pulley would get real close to the timing mark and a 164nevo will scrape it. i can see quite a gap between my pulley and timing mark. i've also quickly measured it and remember its under 150mm diameter

anyway heres my graph. see if you guys can pick up anything wrong with my car

http://www.members.optushome.com.au/r32/Stuff/dyno.JPG
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Thu, 23 September 2004 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no dyno chart, only a paper print out.

Its running an rb25 turbo ben...
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Thu, 23 September 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from looking at that it doesnt look like anythn is wrong. a/f is pretty normal (pretty much same as mine anyway) at the power delivery is pretty smooth. perhaps its just the engine...i dont really know
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Thu, 23 September 2004 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bear in mind, no matter how much dyno dynamics try to hype their shootout mode as being the same between dynos, there is probably still a fair variation going on between dynos...

4AGZE - You've definately got a big pulley of some sort on that car.
4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Fri, 24 September 2004 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben Wilson: Thanks mate - hopefully by tommorrow I will have some details on exactly what sort of pulley the car is running
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Fri, 24 September 2004 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben Wilson wrote on Fri, 24 September 2004 06:26

Bear in mind, no matter how much dyno dynamics try to hype their shootout mode as being the same between dynos, there is probably still a fair variation going on between dynos..

Not if the dyno operator knows what they're doing Rolling Eyes It's all well and good to just run it in shootout mode, all the discrepancies come from dyno operators not doing the runs the way shootout mode is supposed to be run.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Fri, 24 September 2004 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4AGZE - you have an oversized crank pulley. Sounds like a 175mm. That figure is not possible with stock.

When I get my extractors and 2.5 exhaust fitted I am going straight to the dyno for a run. With the Nevo pulley and Apexi filter I am hoping for 110-115 KW atw Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

V8 Killer

[Updated on: Fri, 24 September 2004 10:01]

zecscott
Regular

August 2003
Re: AW11 4AGZE Dyno Results Thu, 30 September 2004 04:41 Go to previous message
just had my 4agze AE82 dynoed at Fours n More and it pulled 84fwkw at 9psi but maxed at 86fwkw at 10psi when let to cool a little (top mount = hot air).

only running K and N pod 4-2-1 extractors to 2 1/2" zorst.

later
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Spring Question::
Next Topic:2tg in car sump removal
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 23:14:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0085158348083496 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.