Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
KRD23Q
Regular

September 2004
ta23 questions Sun, 19 September 2004 14:03 Go to next message
im hoping to buy a ta23 soon, with no engine but has a locked hilux dif. No trans, No engine, and the rest is pretty much stock

I have a intercooler and a custom turbo its called a cat marine or something. duno what it is but its HUGE.

Just wanted some info on the possible best engine for my car, and transmission.

Im thinking of 1g-gte= 2.0l 6 cyl twin turbo
1jz-gte= 2.5l 6cyl Twin turbo
2/jz-gte= 3.0l 6cyl Twin turbo (supra engine)

if theres anything else yous think would be better please let me know.
Also if you could include a rough estimate of what id be lookin at for the engine and tran that would suit it would be great

Thanks all.
  Send a private message to this user    
KRD23Q
Regular

September 2004
Re: ta23 questions Mon, 20 September 2004 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks dickheads youv been a great help
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ta23 questions Mon, 20 September 2004 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I was going to post something useful, but you can go and get stuffed with an attitude like that. What do you think this is, some sort of free helpdesk? If people have some advice for you they'll answer in their own time. Behaving like a petulant child won't get you very far around here.
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: ta23 questions Mon, 20 September 2004 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think KRD23Q has missed out on his mid morning nap and is a bit cranky.
KRD23Q
Regular

September 2004
icon13.gif  Re: ta23 questions Mon, 20 September 2004 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Twisted Evil
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: ta23 questions Mon, 20 September 2004 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Mon, 20 September 2004 15:32

Well I was going to post something useful, but you can go and get stuffed with an attitude like that. What do you think this is, some sort of free helpdesk? If people have some advice for you they'll answer in their own time. Behaving like a petulant child won't get you very far around here.

AGREED Nod
3T-GTE
Regular

August 2003
Re: ta23 questions Mon, 20 September 2004 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree also Nod... but would be willing to give some good advice if KRD23Q apologized Wink
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ta23 questions Tue, 21 September 2004 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I think the best engine for you would just have to be the FSM 650cc air-cooled two stroke out of a Fiat 126. Niki's are becoming a bit thin on the ground, so you might be able to pull one out of a Fiat 500, or if you are feeling extra saucy the 850cc engine from the Fiat Panda.

Perhaps next time you won't be so quick to call us dickheads.

Use the search function, no one here is going to search their brains to help you out.

[Updated on: Tue, 21 September 2004 01:16]

Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: ta23 questions Wed, 22 September 2004 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you are after something with a little bit more kick, try the Toyota 4K-C engine. It boasts great economy, is an easy engine to work with, and sports definately enough power that you could ever want. Although not as good an option as the Fiat engine mentioned above, the 4K-C would be easier to find and would definately get a lot of people talking about your ride.

If you need any other suggestions, the search function is a great tool. It actually SEARCHES for information in the forum.
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ta23 questions Wed, 22 September 2004 03:31 Go to previous message
By the sounds of things, you've got more chance of fitting a 2jz-gte up your arsehole than you do in the engine bay of a ta22.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:JA-61 Budget ...how's this look folks??
Next Topic:3tgte corona ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 20:44:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052909851074219 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.