Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Anyone with experience with Jspec or Yahoomotorsport?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gtr_gaga
Regular

May 2004
Anyone with experience with Jspec or Yahoomotorsport? Tue, 21 September 2004 02:09 Go to next message
Im considering importing a levin coupe through either of these dealers. Jspec seems alot more organised and less risky but yahoomotorsport is cheaper. Can anyone who has imported one of these give me any insight on how they did it, how much it cost and who they did it through?

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Anyone with experience with Jspec or Yahoomotorsport? Tue, 21 September 2004 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
remember you get what you pay for Wink
Anthony Kellam
Regular

July 2002
Re: Anyone with experience with Jspec or Yahoomotorsport? Tue, 21 September 2004 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

You should also consider www.importbitz.com

They're local to the sunny coast too. Smile
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Anyone with experience with Jspec or Yahoomotorsport? Tue, 21 September 2004 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and john is da man
genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: Anyone with experience with Jspec or Yahoomotorsport? Tue, 21 September 2004 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I purchased my car through John Verban at Yahoo Motorsport.
It was one that he had just imported himself. So I didnt actually hand pick it from japan. But I have been very pleased with it.
I dunno what he does for buyers interstate. It might be easier arranging something with a local company.
I guess if he can get you a car cheaper than the other importers, then its probably better.
So if you see a car u like, drop him a line and see what he can do for you.
One thing to remember about buying through John is that he won't do the RWC for you. The other importers may help you with this however.
I managed to get a few bonus parts on my car that John wasn't aware of. Tokico 102R, coilovers, a few other nice parts, and some crazy lsd.
CRAB-86
Regular

September 2003
Re: Anyone with experience with Jspec or Yahoomotorsport? Tue, 21 September 2004 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thumbs up to j-spec!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Anyone with experience with Jspec or Yahoomotorsport? Tue, 21 September 2004 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jspec did me good!
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Anyone with experience with Jspec or Yahoomotorsport? Tue, 21 September 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Tue, 21 September 2004 17:37

jspec did me good!

How good was it, were they gentle. Mad Evil or Very Mad
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Anyone with experience with Jspec or Yahoomotorsport? Tue, 21 September 2004 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FKN16V wrote on Tue, 21 September 2004 22:16

ae86drift wrote on Tue, 21 September 2004 17:37

jspec did me good!

How good was it, were they gentle. Mad Evil or Very Mad

haha. they used lube at least. and only 1 at a time Evil or Very Mad
Captain_Jonno
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Anyone with experience with Jspec or Yahoomotorsport? Thu, 23 September 2004 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about www.prestigemotorsport.com.au ?

with j-spec can you actually see photos of the cars, cos when i click on the link next to the car it never works..
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Anyone with experience with Jspec or Yahoomotorsport? Thu, 23 September 2004 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
join the J-spec mailing list, then they send you shite everyday.

Prestige motorsport aint too bad either... but their service fees (both jspec and prestige) are pretty damn high.

If you can find it on http://auctions.yahoo.co.jp then i would use ImportBitz, much cheaper and more personal service.

If they have the car listed which is what you want, and you can justify the extra, then use the other guys.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Anyone with experience with Jspec or Yahoomotorsport? Thu, 23 September 2004 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I joined the mailing list and they send me 60% Skylines, 15% RX7's, 15% 180sx or Silvia's... Do they have other cars too?

I am sort of looking for a Chaser but I don't want to waste their time searching for one because I haven't decided when I am actually going to it buy yet.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Anyone with experience with Jspec or Yahoomotorsport? Thu, 23 September 2004 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Thu, 23 September 2004 11:25

I joined the mailing list and they send me 60% Skylines, 15% RX7's, 15% 180sx or Silvia's... Do they have other cars too?

I am sort of looking for a Chaser but I don't want to waste their time searching for one because I haven't decided when I am actually going to it buy yet.

every so often they will send a supra and such
theres shit loads to choose from.. can find it somewhere on their site
Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: Anyone with experience with Jspec or Yahoomotorsport? Thu, 23 September 2004 06:43 Go to previous message
one import one when there is a perfectly good one already here that is up for sale, AE-92 GTV Levin only 33,000 K's on the clock 5spd 4A-GE
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ive got a weired box wat is it
Next Topic:[ACT]Getting Brake mounts made
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 11:33:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057568550109863 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.