Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » St141 Corona Brakes.. Ra60?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Sleeka82
Occasional Poster

September 2004
St141 Corona Brakes.. Ra60? Mon, 20 September 2004 16:02 Go to next message
Today my Corona's brakes started crunching, turns out the pads are screwed, and so are the discs.
Instead of having them machined, or buying new ones i was thinking of going to u pull it and getting the rotors and calipers off of an ra60 celica like a lot of people seem to be doing..
I was wondering how straightforward this is. Would a complete idiot be able to do it? is it a straight bolt on for the discs and calipers, or does it require some minor mods? will my brake lines connect without modification? I'm just looking to get some new brakes that work, and are hopefully a little better than the stock ones - and hopeully do it myself cheaply.
also, what sort of price should i expect to pay for them?
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: St141 Corona Brakes.. Ra60? Mon, 20 September 2004 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you do a search? Obviously not because you'd have the answer to all your questions by now. As discussed many times previously, it's all a direct bolt on, and yes an idiot could do it.
Sleeka82
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: St141 Corona Brakes.. Ra60? Tue, 21 September 2004 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry mate, yeah i did a search and it wasnt all that specific about a few things. But if an idiot can do it then it's all good..
what sort of price would be reasonable to pay for them though?? As i said before i was kinda thinking of stooging out and going to u pull it.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: St141 Corona Brakes.. Ra60? Tue, 21 September 2004 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prices vary considerably depending where you go, what time of day it is, which toothless inbred wrecker you talk to, and of course the alignment of the planets. I'd expect somewhere around the $100 mark would be reasonable for hubs, rotors and calipers, although it wouldn't be a bad idea to fork out $250 or so for new DBA slotted rotors instead of dodgy rusted wrecker ones.
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: St141 Corona Brakes.. Ra60? Tue, 21 September 2004 07:57 Go to previous message
i forgot all about my brakes till now

hi ho to the wreckers we go
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Non Genuine Big End Bearings
Next Topic:Worth it?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 23:10:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044100284576416 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.