Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » what colour should my ra23 interior be?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
what colour should my ra23 interior be? Wed, 22 September 2004 10:01 Go to next message
Hi

I will be hopefully be respraying my celica early next year and all those that have a celica like mine (ra23) know that front and back windows have to be out to take the hoodlining off and the front window has to be out to respray the metal bit in front of the crashpad.

So when my car is sprayed i have to decide what colour the interior should be. the colour of the car is a light metallic blue

the colours i would like are

Standard white and brown colour scheme (has this now)
standard black colour scheme (with better front seats)
standard black with tan coloured carpet and tan seats

any more susgestions as i cant seem to make up my mind!

Daniel

[Updated on: Wed, 22 September 2004 10:02]

Send a private message to this user    
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: what colour should my ra23 interior be? Wed, 22 September 2004 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have mine a light blue with black original interior with blue black and grey seats,and i think that looks ok...
cutsGotBoost
Regular

September 2004
Re: what colour should my ra23 interior be? Thu, 23 September 2004 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well mine is a light mettallic blue like you say, i have standard black interior, with gun metal grey trim and seats, blue and black cobra race seats will go in soon when find some seat runners.which reminds me,

if anyone has some ra23 seat runners they will part with for a small sum please pm me, desperatly needed.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v430/cuts/PIC00602.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 23 September 2004 11:04]

Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: what colour should my ra23 interior be? Thu, 23 September 2004 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am just about to paint mine dark metallic blue and I will probably do a standard dark grey/light grey scheme that you find in most cars today. Anything from the windows and up will be light grey and anything below will be dark grey. Probably try and get rid of the old "wood grain" and maybe put some brushed sheet alloy in instead or if not just use silver.

What i do want to know is what the hell to put on the inside of my rear pillar. See cutsGotBoost's picture, I can't quite see what the material the inside of the rear pillar is made of. Mine had the stocko Brown/White interior which is quite ugly, and it had BROWN carpet on the inside of the pillar. Looked pretty crap and I think I will try and cover it with some stiff foam and vinyl, or I may even try and fibreglass in some panels that will cover it.

Hmm I dunno.
cutsGotBoost
Regular

September 2004
Re: what colour should my ra23 interior be? Fri, 24 September 2004 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you mean the door pillar or the rear window (parcel shelf) pillar, if its the latter i just neatened my origional plastic panels up, and sprayed them a similar colour to the hood lining which is a light grey, the seats and trims are a charcol grey and the carpet is black, and to get rid of the crappy wood grain i neatened that up 2 and sprayed it black ( dash was origionally black). hope this helps.
excuse the dirty interior, but u can see the dash, in black, with boost guage. and aftermarket retractable seatbelts.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v430/cuts/INTlookinatdriver.jpg

[Updated on: Fri, 24 September 2004 08:05]

Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: what colour should my ra23 interior be? Sun, 26 September 2004 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm taking about the part between the rear window and the rear side window.

My RA23 had carpet that came from the parcel shelf and extended up the pillar. I'm pretty sure the rear interior had been redone because the rear side trim was covering the rear window winders.

If the 23's came with plastic covers to suit the rear pillar I'll have to go find some.

http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~veen01/interior.jpg
cutsGotBoost
Regular

September 2004
Re: what colour should my ra23 interior be? Thu, 30 September 2004 07:14 Go to previous message
there is a ra23 in my home town, if you cant find any of those trimmings i can buy and send them to you if you like. Its got brown interior.

[Updated on: Thu, 30 September 2004 07:17]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Getting Bodykit from Japan
Next Topic:What grille do you prefer on my ke35?(pics inside)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 23:51:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0038559436798096 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.