Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

the cheap Bosch BOV..?'s Wed, 18 February 2004 12:35 Go to next message
Freak anyone here use the Bosch BOV? if so do you use it as a plumback or atmo venting?

i havnt 100% finished all my w2a i/c pipework, the BOV return bit still needs to be welded onto the turbo inlet pipe. so i just put the BOV on as a atmo venting. it opens at idle and kills the engine, i am sure i seen them used as atmo venting BOV's before.

anyone got any ideas? i am running out of time as i am driving to Brissie on friday morning.
  Send a private message to this user    
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: the cheap Bosch BOV..?'s Wed, 18 February 2004 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you are running a car with an Air Flow Meter then it will most likely stall and run poorly with that BOV unless it's plumbed back. If it's MAP sensed then you shouldn't have any real dramas either way.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: the cheap Bosch BOV..?'s Wed, 18 February 2004 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak i have been running a SSQ BOV for ages on my a2a i/c set-up with the AFM with-out the engine dying at idle etc. (yes i know i will get a gut load of fuel at gear change with the AFM).
i wanted to use the Bosch one as my SSQ one doesnt suit the GT4 w2a i/c with out welding the boss onto the outlet pipe. the GT4 i/c has a pipe type fitting for it's BOV location.

so this Bosch BOV must act more like the 4agze ABV as it opens at idle? or it's just too weak a spring in it?
which means i'll just have to get my turbo inlet pipe out and weld a bit on to plumb it back so i can get down to brissie ok. bugger.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: the cheap Bosch BOV..?'s Thu, 19 February 2004 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no it's not that it's too weak, It actually does open at idle, I am using one of them on my ST165 3SGTE with w2a I/C, it goes well but yeah as 7M said with an Air Flow meter you will need to plumb it back, so no more pssssssh Rolling Eyes
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: the cheap Bosch BOV..?'s Thu, 19 February 2004 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak yeah seems that way. but for now i'll just have to grind the SSQ boss off my old pipe and get it welded onto the new i/c to tb pipe tomorow morning, much less stuffing around to get me on the road quicker. a little more involved getting the Bosch one to work as a plumback at the moment.

i'll sort out the Bosch plumback later. Smile
SRacin
Regular

March 2004

Re: the cheap Bosch BOV..?'s Mon, 20 September 2004 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone have the old zoom magazine where they tested all the different BOV's, giving flow rates etc?
I cant seem to find my copy anywhere and need to look up a few flow figures for comparison.

Cheers
Logan
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: the cheap Bosch BOV..?'s Mon, 20 September 2004 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SPRING IS TOO WEAK AND OPENS AT IDLE WHICH CAUSES CAR TO STALL

get stiffer spring
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: the cheap Bosch BOV..?'s Mon, 20 September 2004 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bosch ones you cant change the spring. they are designed to be opened at idle.
SRacin
Regular

March 2004

Re: the cheap Bosch BOV..?'s Thu, 23 September 2004 02:04 Go to previous message
bump, anyone got the flowrates from the zoom mag???

Logan
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:auto computer
Next Topic:Gearbox rear seal leak
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 14:26:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059700012207031 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.