Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Wheels, Tyres, Suspension and Brakes » 17' Remotec Mags, Customised for Ta/Ra23 Celica

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Axehead
Regular

August 2004
icon10.gif  17' Remotec Mags, Customised for Ta/Ra23 Celica Fri, 20 August 2004 04:19 Go to next message
I have a set(4), of 17 Remotec inch Mags, in fantastic condition for sale. The mags are alloy and are in immaculate condition, no dints or scratches.

They have been customised to fit any RA/TA23 Celica. They also come with customised lock nuts for Centre covers, all are in immaculate condition.

They've been sitting inside my home for over 12mths, and the misses says they have to go, as i sold my Cel 12mths ago. I had only ever had them on my Cel for approx 4mths.

Fronts are are wrapped in 215/17/30 Falkens, though these are slightly feather on the outer sides (due to worn ball joints, on my old Cel)
Rears are wrapped with 235/17/40 F1 Bridgestones, both are in Great condition, with approx 95% of rubber left.

Asking price is $950.00 ono. These mags can make a huge difference in appearance and stance to any condition Celica.

I can organise photos if need be.
  Send a private message to this user    
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 17' Remotec Mags, Customised for Ta/Ra23 Celica Fri, 20 August 2004 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM sent
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 17' Remotec Mags, Customised for Ta/Ra23 Celica Fri, 20 August 2004 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where abouts are you located? and can you send pics to a_bagdonas@hotmail.com
Vanquish
Regular

July 2004
Re: 17' Remotec Mags, Customised for Ta/Ra23 Celica Fri, 20 August 2004 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How have they been customised?
Axehead
Regular

August 2004
icon10.gif  Re: 17' Remotec Mags, Customised for Ta/Ra23 Celica Mon, 23 August 2004 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

The front rims have had a large alloy plate welded and machined to the inside of the front rims.

These rims were previously 5-stud, but have been redrilled to suit celica 4-stud.

Am located in Newcastle area.

I obtained them brand new from a Unfinished project friend, who had them on to simply to move the car around his garage. His intention to complete the celica were interrupted by girlfriend/ turning wife, with an expensive honeymoon on the cards, which meant everything had to go!

Will organise photos ASAP.

dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: 17' Remotec Mags, Customised for Ta/Ra23 Celica Mon, 23 August 2004 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can vouch for these wheels they are in top condition, and look really on the celica Cool

free bump ben Very Happy
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 17' Remotec Mags, Customised for Ta/Ra23 Celica Thu, 26 August 2004 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just wondering if you had any pics yet Smile
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 17' Remotec Mags, Customised for Ta/Ra23 Celica Fri, 27 August 2004 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM me your no. as i would be intrested in coming to have alook at them this weekend.
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 17' Remotec Mags, Customised for Ta/Ra23 Celica Sun, 29 August 2004 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
send me some contact details as i would like to come and check these rims out Asap
Axehead
Regular

August 2004
Re: 17' Remotec Mags, Customised for Ta/Ra23 Celica Mon, 30 August 2004 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Photos available this weekend.
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 17' Remotec Mags, Customised for Ta/Ra23 Celica Mon, 30 August 2004 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interested, just dont know if I could come up with cash in time, will need to see some photos first though...
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 17' Remotec Mags, Customised for Ta/Ra23 Celica Mon, 30 August 2004 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd be intersted too, with pics and offset details, and the width
With the welded plate, did you need longer wheel studs?
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 17' Remotec Mags, Customised for Ta/Ra23 Celica Thu, 23 September 2004 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Free bump. Great rims, offset is too +ve fit an xA6x unfornunately, but look great on a xA2x.

Axehead, you should upload the pics you have of the rims on a TA23
Godzilladat
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: 17' Remotec Mags, Customised for Ta/Ra23 Celica Thu, 23 September 2004 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Do they look like these wheels? (or are they these wheels?)

http://www.toymods.org.au/Nark_Gallery/.thumb_Gate_-_Grey.jpg
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 17' Remotec Mags, Customised for Ta/Ra23 Celica Thu, 23 September 2004 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They look exactly like Nark's, but are redrilled 5 lugs with a different ffset.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 17' Remotec Mags, Customised for Ta/Ra23 Celica Thu, 23 September 2004 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is the offset on them?
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 17' Remotec Mags, Customised for Ta/Ra23 Celica Thu, 23 September 2004 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Too positive an offset for an A6 without spacers & longer lugs, Nathan, otherwise I would have bought them!

[Updated on: Thu, 23 September 2004 04:41]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 17' Remotec Mags, Customised for Ta/Ra23 Celica Thu, 23 September 2004 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats too big?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 17' Remotec Mags, Customised for Ta/Ra23 Celica Thu, 23 September 2004 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, what's too big?
I have a trip to newcastle planned for saturday Smile
dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: 17' Remotec Mags, Customised for Ta/Ra23 Celica Fri, 24 September 2004 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iil try too get hold of him too reply too some of your qs Smile
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 17' Remotec Mags, Customised for Ta/Ra23 Celica Fri, 24 September 2004 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't really understand your questions. Too positive an offset for xA6x means tha it is too close to the strut/inner guards.

The front wheels have spacers welded on, so clear the fronts okay, but the backs tuck in a lot and are too close to the inner guard IMO - epseically for an IRS xA6x with any hint of neg camber. Swapped front & back, the rears seems okay (still fairly tucked in) but the fronts barely clear the struts. Also, the 2 wheels with welded-on spacers have the centrebore corrected for, but the other 2 don't. To use these wheels on an xA6x you'd need to use a spacer on the back pair, and longer wheel studs all round. Hope this helps.
Axehead
Regular

August 2004
Re: 17' Remotec Mags, Customised for Ta/Ra23 Celica Fri, 24 September 2004 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The offset to the rims is unknown to myself at this stage.
(Mainly because i dont know how to correctly measure them!)

Yes i am expecting Draven this Satdy. Let us know if your not coming or unable to make it.

I have provided endless photos to Stef, and based on these and a fitment to an Ra60 Cel, his opinion is that they will not fit his Cel. Its a fair call as they are always going to be a close fit, on any car that isnt built for 17in rims.

They came off a Ta/Ra23 Celica and they fitted comfortably!

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 17' Remotec Mags, Customised for Ta/Ra23 Celica Fri, 24 September 2004 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan wrote on Fri, 24 September 2004 13:21

I don't really understand your questions. Too positive an offset for xA6x means tha it is too close to the strut/inner guards.

Hehe, derr, was looking for a figure Razz

Would be interesting to see what Draven has to see after seeing them in person.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 17' Remotec Mags, Customised for Ta/Ra23 Celica Fri, 24 September 2004 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, I'll be sure to take pics of the clearances on an ma61 (yes, I'm still coming! Smile)

most interesting will be to see how many turns I can get out of the stock wheel studs, and inumerable other questions.. most of which can only be answered by seeing them on a car! Smile
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 17' Remotec Mags, Customised for Ta/Ra23 Celica Fri, 24 September 2004 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Umm, no, I can tell you that. 1 turn on the fronts (the ones with spacers), 3 or 4 IIRC on the backs.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 17' Remotec Mags, Customised for Ta/Ra23 Celica Fri, 24 September 2004 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
?!?
shizen
wtf was their stock offset? (pre spacers)?
Axehead
Regular

August 2004
Re: 17' Remotec Mags, Customised for Ta/Ra23 Celica Mon, 11 October 2004 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump! These rims are still for sale, and look
damn good on ra/ta cel's.
Axehead
Regular

August 2004
Re: 17' Remotec Mags, Customised for Ta/Ra23 Celica Thu, 04 November 2004 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SOLD!

Sorry stef, but in the end they did go to an Ra60 owner.

Fitment was fine. : ) Laughing
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 17' Remotec Mags, Customised for Ta/Ra23 Celica Thu, 04 November 2004 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd figured by draven's lack of response that they didn't.

Everyone's different. I'm just not prepared to use spacers or compromise on offset... my car will have a lot more power than an RA60... Very Happy Razz
Sprinter
Regular

September 2002
Re: 17' Remotec Mags, Customised for Ta/Ra23 Celica Fri, 05 November 2004 08:47 Go to previous message
I have the same rims in 16x7.5 for sale - Look here for more details http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=12772&rid=1366&S=14dcf0ba06145313bde9393 70727649f&pl_view=&start=0

Denis
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:jza80 bilstiens
Next Topic:BS Potenza Semi-Slick Tyre Sale!---SOLD---
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 11:50:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065650939941406 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.