Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
db__
Regular

August 2004
AE93 Stories Thu, 23 September 2004 03:12
Hey guys.

I own an AE93 sx seca, and in the past week i have had two encounters with other corollas which i thought might be of interest with some people on here.

One night last week, driving with 2 mates in my car i turn at an intersection and notice a small screech sound, so i take a look in the rear view and i see a silver ae101(i think...) corolla, P plater of course. He flogs it past me as best he can, and pulls up at the lights coming up in front of us.

Once i reach the lights, he wound down his window frantically and looks at me. I thought, wow this guy is pretty keen, but i let him go off on his merry way.

Next set of lights, guess who is sitting there waiting for me. This time i thought ah why not give him a go.

Lights go green, give it a bit too much at the launch and get mild wheel spin, anyway we are even through first (he didn't have any passengers), and he goes to shift into second when i hear this *pop* sound, followed by a hiss. He drops back from about half a car length to a few car legnths, and i notice a smell of radiator coolant! Laughing

A minute later, he comes charging past again, followed by that distinct odour yet again...

A few nights ago, i was stopped at a set of lights when up rolls a new silver corolla sportivo. I was on my own, and he had a single passenger with him. I looked over to him, and he looked pretty keen for a go. Lights go green, and i get a decent launch and we are neck and neck through first, and he starts to pull away from me towards the red line. I shift into second before him and get slight wheelspin, and i gain back even with him. At this stage he shifts into second, well he tries too, he missed the gear and dropped back a car length.

Next set of lights on a slight uphill he comes up next to me again. I had a poor launch, he pulled about a car length on me initially and was gradually pulling away through the gears to about 120km/h.

I'm sure a better driver would've wiped the floor with me though!

db__

[Updated on: Thu, 23 September 2004 03:58]

Send a private message to this user    
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Paranoid locals who piss me off...
Next Topic:witnessed. ae86 sprinter vs vr commodore wagon
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 16:40:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044717788696289 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.