Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
ta22 fuel caps and keys Sun, 19 September 2004 07:42 Go to next message
hey ppl
as the title says i need a ta22 front grill for a 1972 model (does it make a difference?) i need it for blue slip.

i might also need a one window winder for the back windows to get blue slip...either way id like one..

anyone in sydney have some lying around? Razz

[Updated on: Wed, 29 September 2004 01:18]

Send a private message to this user    
alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: need ta22 grill for blue slip Sun, 19 September 2004 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got both, but i'm in newcastle. pm me if interested
scrote
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: need ta22 grill for blue slip Sun, 19 September 2004 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah no prob. pm me. in sydney
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: need ta22 grill for blue slip Mon, 20 September 2004 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
geez that was easy...ill get in touch with u scrote once i get organised and start making money Rolling Eyes dont hold on to them or anything...

thanks for u help i didnt realise id get a responce so quick

Magicmitch
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: need ta22 grill,new fuel cap and key Thu, 23 September 2004 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive only just noticed that i dont have the key for the fuel cap..there fore i cant get it off without destroying it..which means i cant drive the car cause im on empty..

does anyone have a petrol cap and key for a ta22??

any suggestions to get past this problem i have come across?
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: need ta22 grill,new fuel cap and key Thu, 23 September 2004 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got a 1974 TA22 front grille, but I am in Perth and you are right for those.
Toyota still sell fuel caps and keys to suit all the early Corolla's and Celica's. Last time I got one it was $50 I think.
Its worth looking into if you don't find an aftermarket and cheaper alternative.
Moral of the story - don't lose the fuel cap key ! Very Happy
Cheers,
Mitch.
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: need ta22 grill for blue slip Thu, 23 September 2004 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$50 bucks!! holy crap...well i didnt lose it...i wasnt given it...i didnt think to ask so its my fault i guess...ill keep that in mind..if worse comes to worse $50 bucks is what id have to live with...

thanks

magic

[Updated on: Thu, 23 September 2004 05:12]

greenta22
Regular

July 2004
Re: need ta22 grill for blue slip Sun, 26 September 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doesnt your ignition key open the fuel cap? mine does... ('75 TA22)
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: need ta22 grill for blue slip Sun, 26 September 2004 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
greenta22 wrote on Sun, 26 September 2004 17:23

doesnt your ignition key open the fuel cap? mine does... ('75 TA22)

nah '74 and earlier have 3 keys: - door/ignition, fuel, boot

hey magic mitch my boot key opens my fuel cap so you can try that. you will notice that cause the keys are old and worn they may opena few things. also my boot key starts my new '22. lucky cause i didnt get any keys with the new one Confused

also if you got another '22 key (any one) you can file the edges down a bit and it will open anything in respect to '22s Rolling Eyes did i say that
greenta22
Regular

July 2004
Re: need ta22 grill for blue slip Sun, 26 September 2004 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can start my TA22 with anything i want, screwdriver, fingernail, all good. may be time to invest in an alarm methinks...
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Celicas fuel caps/keys Sun, 26 September 2004 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i only have 2 keys... ignition/door and a boot key..i think the lock on the boot is pretty new by the looks of it but im starting to think that the fuel cap thats on there atm is the wrong one? not from a ta22? its pretty boring lookin compared to some that ive seen from ta's, my model is the one with the fuel cap between the tail lights. does anyone have a pic of the 1972 ta22 fuel cap (cap between tail lights model)?? big ask but its worth ago..

ive tried picking the lock with a number of things...it wont budge, i dont know what to do HELP??

i wanna drive my baby but im scared ill run out of petrol(fuel gauge reads well under E) at the bottom of my hill.

[Updated on: Tue, 28 September 2004 08:40]

Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: ta22 fuel caps and keys Wed, 29 September 2004 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there must be a way to get around it. on the 23s you could just unbolt the fuel take to get some movement in there and then take of the big hose going to the filler neck and fill it up from there.
the 22's could be similar i'm not sure.

magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: ta22 fuel caps and keys Wed, 29 September 2004 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will give it ago tomorrow if the weather is nice thanks - celicajohn
Celica73
Regular

May 2002
Re: ta22 fuel caps and keys Wed, 29 September 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats the 3 key thing about, call me stupid but won't toyota make them all the same? Sure mine has 2 keys different for fuel but boot, doors and ignition are the same. I just figured that the previous owner losed the the fuel cap therefore requiring a new one with a different key.
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: ta22 fuel caps and keys Wed, 29 September 2004 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i was only giving 2 keys door/inigtion and boot...

a pervious owner may have lost a fuel cap aswell and got a new one..without giving me the key for it!!!! Mad
TheNav
Regular

April 2004
Re: ta22 fuel caps and keys Thu, 30 September 2004 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got my fuel cap and the keys for my 73' TA22 from a place in Brisbane called K&M for about $25-$30
if your interested i can get one for you?

magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: ta22 fuel caps and keys Sat, 02 October 2004 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is the fuel cap i have on it atm.. is it the right one? i dont think it is but i dont know how i will get it off without wrecking stuff or getting shavings into the fuel tank.

what do u guys reakon?
http://img11.exs.cx/img11/81/Image594.jpg
alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: ta22 fuel caps and keys Sat, 02 October 2004 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try any random early toyota key in it you can get your hands on, you will find one out of at least 5 will work. if not maybe oxy the barrel out and turn it Rolling Eyes

Very Happy
ke70_strolla
Regular

March 2004
Re: ta22 fuel caps and keys Sat, 02 October 2004 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alex ta22- i dont think using an oxy in this situation is really appropriate...
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: ta22 fuel caps and keys Sat, 02 October 2004 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats oxy? does my fuel cap look anything like it should?
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: ta22 fuel caps and keys Sun, 03 October 2004 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its ok guys..i got it off today using some excessive force..it didnt damage anything either so its all tops now..just gotta find a cap and key..thanks for ur help
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: ta22 fuel caps and keys Tue, 05 October 2004 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i found a locking cap which fits nicely $25 ...for anyone who wants to know its a pro-kit petrol locking cap..it doesnt say it fits any toyotas on the back but i had a stab and it worked

thanks for the help

magicmitch
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: ta22 fuel caps and keys Tue, 05 October 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well for some reason, my 74 TA22 has 4 keys!

Ignition, door, boot, petrol cap Razz
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: ta22 fuel caps and keys Tue, 05 October 2004 12:21 Go to previous message
hahaha well ive got 3 now...petrol,door/ignition, and one for the boot... the ignition key is so small to...maybe ur car got a new lock for the doors or something before u brought it??
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:T18 Wheels
Next Topic:WTB : Clarion CD Stacker
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 10:12:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0081360340118408 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.