Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » echo/camry power locking system into early celica

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
echo/camry power locking system into early celica Thu, 23 September 2004 11:41 Go to next message
hi all,
ive been thinking about what im gunna do about my power locking in my ra40 celica. i have the power locking mechanisms from a early cressida and have put them in and they work great. although the early cressida didnt have remote central locking. i was wonderin if i could just get a remote power locking system from say a echo, camry ...etc. and rewire into my celica. are these things really complicated or would i be able to find the 'power in' wires and wires that go to the locking mechanisms. also would it be possible to remove the echo/camry key from the remote control and put my key in there??
is this worth it??

any ideas, opinions

thanx

brett
  Send a private message to this user    
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: echo/camry power locking system into early celica Thu, 23 September 2004 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think it would be easier to adapt a jaycar central locking kit to the car - otherwise you have to decode the setup in whatever donor car you choose then rebuild it into your car.

as for alarms and keys - get an alarm from somewhere that can drive cetral locking.

whatever way you go... electric locks and winders in an RA40 would be neat Cool
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: echo/camry power locking system into early celica Fri, 24 September 2004 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, an alarm/immobiliser with a remote is the best way to get remote central locking. I did that in my old Supra and it was really cool... I'm planning to do the same thing with my new Supra.
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: echo/camry power locking system into early celica Fri, 24 September 2004 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah seems like that is the way to go.... how much are they worth?? just as a gimick, i was thinkin of setin it up so when i hit the lock button... the windows wind up
lazy i know.... Laughing more of a gimmick though

thanx

brett
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: echo/camry power locking system into early celica Fri, 24 September 2004 10:28 Go to previous message
how much? try <www.jaycar.com.au>
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:RA28 petrol tank interchangeable (RA40?)
Next Topic:Corona Experts
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 14:10:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057680606842041 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.