Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Anyone have experience with 1jz in s13 conversion?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
1j180
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Anyone have experience with 1jz in s13 conversion? Thu, 23 September 2004 13:00 Go to next message
Hoping to discover likley issues before they are encountered. I'm aware of engine mount issues, they are already solved. Also aware the gearbox crossmember will require modification. Haltech E6k comp is being used so no major wiring headaches. Any insights or advice would be great thanks.
  Send a private message to this user    
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Anyone have experience with 1jz in s13 conversion? Thu, 23 September 2004 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What gearbox you got in mind?
1j180
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Anyone have experience with 1jz in s13 conversion? Thu, 23 September 2004 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was thinking the w58 but I'm open to suggestions???
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Anyone have experience with 1jz in s13 conversion? Fri, 24 September 2004 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A W58 is probably ok in an S13, they're pretty light cars (similar to an MA61 I imagine, and plenty of 1JZ MA61's are using W58 gearboxes).

So you have the engine and gearbox mounting issues sorted, and the wiring is being handled by the Haltech, so it sounds like you're most of the way there... I can't foresee any other issues apart from normal engine conversion stuff.
1j180
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Anyone have experience with 1jz in s13 conversion? Fri, 24 September 2004 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great, well I'm sure there will be some headaches but I guess no conversion espeically one of this nature is easy Smile
Thanks for the advice
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Anyone have experience with 1jz in s13 conversion? Fri, 24 September 2004 00:37 Go to previous message
Just check around and see which W58 shifter you'll need to use, from memory most Nissans have their gearstick fairly far bar, so you might need one of the rearmost shifter positiions available.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TEMS help needed ASAP
Next Topic:mz21 soarer - looking to work/clean up
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 18:02:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005018949508667 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.