Classifieds » Miscellaneous » FS mazda rx7 series 6 4piston calipers

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
68rolla
Regular

August 2002
FS mazda rx7 series 6 4piston calipers Thu, 23 September 2004 06:27 Go to next message
I was told series 4/5 and series 6 were the same, they doo look very similar- but slightly different (bigger) Pads look near new.
Phils rotary charges $450 a pair.

Chasing $250.

In brisbane- can post at buyers expence.
Thanks
Grant
0402 738 017
GrantG@Bigpond.net.au
  Send a private message to this user    
steve-O
Regular

February 2004
Re: FS mazda rx7 series 6 4piston calipers Thu, 23 September 2004 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if they are the same as series 4 and 5 then i mite be interested
thanks
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: FS mazda rx7 series 6 4piston calipers Thu, 23 September 2004 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
68rolla wrote on Thu, 23 September 2004 16:27

I was told series 4/5 and series 6 were the same, they doo look very similar- but slightly different (bigger)

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: FS mazda rx7 series 6 4piston calipers Thu, 23 September 2004 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats different about them?
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: FS mazda rx7 series 6 4piston calipers Thu, 23 September 2004 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think they are bigger also...mine arte series 6..
Godzilladat
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: FS mazda rx7 series 6 4piston calipers Thu, 23 September 2004 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

$250 is the going price for these on internet forums. I couldnt find a set for less than $375 from any importer.

I just picked up a set for the same price with pads, good luck with the sale, if you have any problems just throw them on www.ausrotary.com and they will go like hotcakes.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: FS mazda rx7 series 6 4piston calipers Fri, 24 September 2004 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bigger in what way? Pistons are the same size according to rebuild kit part numbers. Are the bolt spacings different?
Maybe I should come and grab that one you have Blake and check it out for my self.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: FS mazda rx7 series 6 4piston calipers Fri, 24 September 2004 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
come round tommorow nite if you want shane, SMS me first.
68rolla
Regular

August 2002
Sold series 6- Buying series 4/5 Sat, 25 September 2004 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They look identicle so i guess the piston size would be the same- the only reason i said bigger was from the dba web site lists the rotors as larger- my mistake.

Calipers have been sold- I am still looking for series 4/5 if any1 has a spare set.
Thanks
Grant
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: FS mazda rx7 series 6 4piston calipers Sat, 25 September 2004 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a rotary-nut friend and from what I know, S6 have a 2mm thicker disc than S4/5 and it is slightly larger diameter too. So the calipers will be bloody similar, jsut with a fatter slot in them. May be slightly different mounts too.

Check to DBA catalogue to be sure on this though.

Hen
SSS610
Newcomer

October 2005
Re: FS mazda rx7 series 6 4piston calipers Wed, 12 October 2005 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
these still for sale?
170bhp
Regular

January 2004
Re: FS mazda rx7 series 6 4piston calipers Mon, 17 October 2005 00:56 Go to previous message
the difference between series 4/5 and 6 is the casting technique, series 6 are squeeze cast, slightly lighter and stiffer than previous (not that series 4/5 have a problem with flex), all series 4/5/6 have the same size pistons. Series 7 are squeeze cast but have different sized pistons trailing and leading to stop pad taper wear(I use these). Series 8 also use different sized pistons but are designed to take a rotor which is 32mm thick(like and SP, which basically just used RZ JDM calipers). Note that some series 7 also have the larger calipers(designed for thicker disc) but not on Aus models, all Aus modes series 4/5/6/7 are designed to be used with 22mm thick disc.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Nokia 3200 For sale
Next Topic:JZA80 Supra and Soarer parts new and used for sale
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 13:28:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052430629730225 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.